All complaints about the setlist HERE - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 360° Tour Central - 2009 / 2010 / 2011 Archive > Set Lists & Songs
Click Here to Login

Old 08-15-2010, 02:42 PM   #1
Babyface

Local Time: 12:06 PM
All complaints about the setlist HERE

Whats going on? no not the song

Lol that would be a highlight if they played that again...

The New Set list is very Bouring...

Breath is my fave song and no line...
I love Unknown caller...

Beautiful day as an opener??? Thats U2's worst song.

I a huge U2 fan but I'm very disappointed with what Ive seen in the new set lists so far...
:N

Lets hope fez is played soon the proper way live... no dance or acoustic ways. And If the list is Shiite by the time they come here to Sydney I will not go.

Still love em but!

Old 08-15-2010, 03:45 PM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 02:36 AM
I agree with you, except I wouldn't say that BD is their worst song! I'm certainly sick to death of it after these last 10 years of overexposure to it! I certainly don't look forward to it's spot in the setlists. I saw this song open a show back in 2001, in South Bend Indiana. NOT a good opener!

Part of the problem with this tour is that we got spoiled by the Elevation and Vertigo tours, where there were multiple shows in multiple cities, and setlists had to change on a nightly basis at least a little bit. Popmart pretty much had the exact same setlist night after night, as did every tour before that. However, once Popmart found it's groove, that setlist was awesome. Same with Zoo TV, etc. This tour has so far not really produced awesome setlists. Too many unpopular slow songs in the mid set (IALW & MS should really not be played on this tour at all). Adding HMTMKMKM was a great move, but in order to get it we had to lose UV. Also, the lack of early and mid-era songs makes the setlists feel unbalanaced.

Old 08-15-2010, 03:51 PM   #3
War Child

Local Time: 03:36 AM
If tomorrow's setlist is the same setlist as tonight's I will cry....

What happened to changing at least ONE song up every night
Old 08-15-2010, 05:22 PM   #4
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 04:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrmx View Post
If tomorrow's setlist is the same setlist as tonight's I will cry....

What happened to changing at least ONE song up every night
Are you going to videotape that and youtube it? Would be a good watch.

And At the OP claiming BD is U2's worst song ever. Ehhhh RIGHT.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Old 08-15-2010, 05:35 PM   #5
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 07:36 PM
yeah, clearly he's never heard Red Light.
Old 08-15-2010, 08:48 PM   #6
War Child

A note to U2

Your setlists have become boring. After watching the rose bowl dvd the songs that sounded the best were from NLOTH (exception Ultra). This leg you drop NLOTH (WTF) and Ultra (stupid fuckers). I lover adding HMTMKMKM into the set with a little Disco but seriously this is this safest by the numbers stuff I have ever seen. they should just take their act to Vegas.
Old 08-15-2010, 08:58 PM   #7
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:36 PM
Can we resurrect that "360 Tour Complaints" thread from last year?

That being said, I basically agree about the No Line songs and Ultraviolet, but I got two leg's worth of setlists with those, so I'm perfectly happy. And there aren't any shows in North America this year, so I can't really complain to the band about setlist parties not being worth attending. I feel like the new setlist will make a lot of people more happy, so whatevs.
Old 08-15-2010, 09:11 PM   #8
New Yorker

Local Time: 09:36 PM
I miss No Line...UV well I miss it a little But I love HMTMKMKM so I can't complain
I really miss Unknown Caller..that was my fave song from the first two legs, but you never know these songs could come back it's early yet.
Old 08-15-2010, 09:13 PM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cseggleton View Post
Your setlists have become boring. After watching the rose bowl dvd the songs that sounded the best were from NLOTH (exception Ultra). This leg you drop NLOTH (WTF) and Ultra (stupid fuckers). I lover adding HMTMKMKM into the set with a little Disco but seriously this is this safest by the numbers stuff I have ever seen. they should just take their act to Vegas.

You realize, don't you, the set list that you wish for would piss off 3000 other people & the set list they wish for would piss off another 5000 people and so on?

It's a win-less argument. If the band starts pulling out classics now like Gloria or Hawkmoon & new stuff like Breathe, then everyone here would gripe that these songs were only being played in Europe. If they play songs that newer or the less fanatical fans know, they get complaints that they're playing "a greatest hits tour".

We sit here, show after show, see the set list & immediately know whether it's the same set that the previous cities got or whether there was a different intro played for Beautiful Day or if Bono introduced Larry before Adam or vice versa - and it gets monotonous for us. But you know what? I guarantee it wasn't monotonous for the people at the show. They LOVED it.

I understand speculating about what may be played & even folks creating what they feel is a set list with better fluidity, but I really don't get all the griping & animosity. If someone thinks what U2's playing is sooo lame, they should stop checking the set lists for every show &/or sell their tickets to someone who will enjoy seeing the band.
/rant
Old 08-15-2010, 09:29 PM   #10
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I just wish U2 would have a few spots in their setlist to splice in random songs. Do the hits, do the staples, but just save 2-3 spots where they can throw in Exit or Dirty Day if they want, and then throw in Surrender and Mofo in the next night, for example. I think the casuals can stand to sit through 2-3 songs they don't know among the hits, and I think it'd keep the band sharper, and we'd surely all stop bitching too!
Old 08-15-2010, 09:40 PM   #11
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_acrobat View Post
I just wish U2 would have a few spots in their setlist to splice in random songs. Do the hits, do the staples, but just save 2-3 spots where they can throw in Exit or Dirty Day if they want, and then throw in Surrender and Mofo in the next night, for example. I think the casuals can stand to sit through 2-3 songs they don't know among the hits, and I think it'd keep the band sharper, and we'd surely all stop bitching too!
Nah, someone would complain about it.

I don't get the complaining, but I guess I'm just happy the band is still making music and touring.
Sure there are certain songs I'd like to hear more than others, but I know the chance of that happening isn't very good.
Old 08-15-2010, 09:59 PM   #12
Refugee

My complaint is the same as from last year:

ATYCLB overload.

I don't even care about the set list being static(they could use 1 or 2 rotational spots, but that is a very minor issue for me), ZOO and Popmart were pretty static and they worked. It is the content of the set list, specifically ATYCLB, that is my issue and I think the primary reason why it does not work. I would take an almost static(has to be a bit of change like Zoo and Pop) list and not complain at all if it was just tweaked a little bit to better fit this tour.

I don't think the rest of the set is perfect, but you know what?

I can't bring myself to complain much more until at least tomorrow with the 2nd night in the same city for the 1st time on Leg 3.

I will say this, though, I am getting quite sick of the false choice being presented here between pleasing casuals and pleasing die hards. Much like the acrobat said, U2 could afford to do 2 or 3 songs per night that not everyone will now. I would argue they already do.Who the hell really knows Moment of Surrender or Glastonbury or Miss Sarajevo or anything from NLOTH, an album that did not have close to a hit?

When will people understand that 2 or 3 songs far from knocks the war horses out of the set? Get rid of Elevation and Walk On, you've lost 2 moderately known songs, but you haven't by any means lost warhorses.

Beautiful Day
Still Haven't Found
Desire
Bullet
Pride
Streets
Mysty Ways
One
WOWY
Bad
SBS
NYD
IWF

Those are the warhorses to clear things up.

Any disagreement?

Additions/subtractions so we can be on the same page here?

I am sick of hearing defenses of ATYCLB that say "they have to play the warhorses."

Granted, it contains the only 2000s song that could be considered a warhorse in Beautiful Day, but I haven't seen anyone here suggest that it should go anywhere.
Old 08-15-2010, 10:00 PM   #13
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by liz9640 View Post
I don't get the complaining... Sure there are certain songs I'd like to hear more than others, but I know the chance of that happening isn't very good.
I wish everyone understood this.

But no. Instead, we have this:
Let's say a large number of hardcore fans wanted to hear Trip Through Your Wires played live. And let's say that, by happy coincidence, the band played it tomorrow night & for the next two shows before dropping it.

There'd be those who were livid at the band for playing such 'crap'.
There'd be those who were estatic that the band played their favorite song.
There'd be those who would whine that the band only played it for Europe.
There'd be those who would argue that the band must be retiring since they'd pulled such an obscure song from their catalog.
There'd be those who would argue that the band was edgy again since they pulled such an obscure song from their catalog.
Etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc.
Old 08-15-2010, 10:07 PM   #14
New Yorker

People love to complain..and are not happy unless they are complaining..me I don't complain about the setlist..sure there are songs I miss..but whatever..they might play them again,and if they don't c'est la vie!

I'm just happy Bono is fine and the band are back touring!
Old 08-15-2010, 10:09 PM   #15
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by liz9640 View Post

I don't get the complaining, but I guess I'm just happy the band is still making music and touring.
Sure there are certain songs I'd like to hear more than others, but I know the chance of that happening isn't very good.

Agreed.

They can't play everything everyone wants to hear and they also have to play some of the greatest hits songs for all the casual fans. I'm just happy that they are still around and touring.