All complaints about the setlist HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
so, much like POPMart then? :wink:

in the end themes, setlists, even how well the band plays hardly has any influence on how much I enjoy a U2 show
a far bigger influence has the way the people around me are behaving
if they are dead set on not having a good time then it will negatively influence my enjoyment

that's why I dislike negative crap talking on this forum
because piss-ants that like nothing more than complaining will end up ruining it for others
(none of this is directed at Blue Room btw)

enjoy the show :up:

I thought Popmarts setlist pacing was right on, again, there is the difference for me. This tour feels different in this regard to me and its the first time I have felt this way. I have seen others express the same thing. I'm not saying the tour is crap because its not. I just think it could be even better.

Keep the thread alive...

But I agree with DanSmee... 95% of the attendees at the gig wouldn't know (let alone care) that the setlist is the same from the previous show... And U2 are playing a gig for those at the gig, not avid setlist watchers like ourselves. While I would love to wake up in the morn, check out u2gigs.com and see a few changes, it's not gonna bother me if there aren't any (though it would be nice to see 2 or 3 for the second gig at Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horsens? :reject:), and I kinda expect it...

I don't buy this excuse and never have. Bruce plays a different setlist every night with any number of rare or never before played live songs. Yet the audience is right there the whole time.

And if they're not, they don't come.

And on the next tour, more real fans of his come.

I've never been to a Bruce concert with dead silence while he played an odd rarity.

U2 are just too scared to mess up this horrible machine they've created over the years, and I hope that some day they realize we're going to see them no matter what they play, and if it's new stuff, those of us who post on this board all of the time, the people who collect their merchandise, the people who follow them around the country (and don't kid yourself, U2 knows these people exist), the people who know every line to every song and have never had a chance to see them live because tickets sold out to scalpers, well maybe finally we'll have the chance to really show The 2 how big of fans we are.

You tell me what kind of reaction they would get from the GA section, the GA section mind you, because, I think we can all admit that's 90% crazy U2 people in there, if they were to bring out Discotheque, A Sort of Homecoming, MERCY ffs, the reaction there would be outstanding, and I wish U2 would realize the reaction they would get if they did these things. The relative silence of the rest of the stadium, vs. that overwhelming applause from the pit, I'd like to think, would be worth it to a bad of that stature, to know that after all of these years they have fans like that.

But, eh, maybe I'm just getting a bit too wrapped up into all of this, it's been a bad few days for me and I've been pretty negative all over the board.

yeah, they could put Stuck in a moment ... back in the setlist
love that song :up:

Elevation too. They've ignored that song for too long. I'm sick of them playing songs like MOFO, Gone, and Fez.

Lack of Streets. :angry: They only play this song ONCE every single show. Where is StreetsX3? They should be putting this in the setlist every 10 minutes at least.

For shame, Bono.

Bring back NLOTH and Breathe.

Drop Stuck in a moment and Elevation.

Problem solved.

Stuck has already been dropped
it surely can't be double dropped?

Elevation won't be dropped
because it's too much fun

I would like No Line and Breathe back in there though

You know, I'm amazed sometimes. People come in here and try to belittle people's opinions and turn a thread into a big joke because they do not agree. The title of the thread was pretty obvious. Why even pay attention and try to derail the thread if you don't care or agree? :down:

Stuck has already been dropped
it surely can't be double dropped?

Elevation won't be dropped
because it's too much fun

I would like No Line and Breathe back in there though

We had Stuck x1... now we're at Stuck x0, but, oh no, to make everyone happy, we now need Stuck(-1).

You know, I'm amazed sometimes. People come in here and try to belittle people's opinions and turn a thread into a big joke because they do not agree. The title of the thread was pretty obvious. Why even pay attention and try to derail the thread if you don't care or agree? :down:
whose opinion has been belittled here?
I'd stick a mod on it if I were you :up:

about 1% off all threads on this forum does not 'derail'
it always amuses me that apparently this should never happen when the words "complaint", "complain" or "complaints" are in the title

:up:

Complaint threads should never go questioned, if you do so you're belittling...

This same argument is used every tour.

As has already been stated by a mod, why come in here if you've seen the thread title, know what it's about and know you disagree? If the setlist bitching is in a general thread, feel free to gripe, but a thread was set up for the people not happy with the set to talk about it/complain and dammit we are entitled to post on here just as freely as you seem to be allowed to go around and bitch at anyone and everyone on this forum as you are so often won't to do.

Complaint threads should never go questioned, if you do so you're belittling...

This same argument is used every tour.

I never said that. I said trying to derail the thread because you dont agree is amazing I dont think I have said anything inflammatory, expressed my opinion, explained why I thought the way I did, been told I was wrong, and then promptly the sarcastic derailing began. That is belittling peoples opinions. How is that saying it should not be questioned? Its not, nice try though.

I never said that. I said trying to derail the thread because you dont agree is amazing I dont think I have said anything inflammatory, expressed my opinion, explained why I thought the way I did, been told I was wrong, and then promptly the sarcastic derailing began. That is belittling peoples opinions. How is that saying it should not be questioned? Its not, nice try though.
I stated my opinion on the topic of this thread
and then stated my preference for Stuck in a moment ...
if that's sarcastically derailing a thread then I obviously must have superpowers I didn't yet know about

I stated my opinion on the topic of this thread
and then stated my preference for Stuck in a moment ...
if that's sarcastically derailing a thread then I obviously must have superpowers I didn't yet know about

Right, you want Stuck in A Moment acoustic 30 times. That sounds legitimate and on topic.

As has already been stated by a mod, why come in here if you've seen the thread title, know what it's about and know you disagree? If the setlist bitching is in a general thread, feel free to gripe, but a thread was set up for the people not happy with the set to talk about it/complain and dammit we are entitled to post on here just as freely as you seem to be allowed to go around and bitch at anyone and everyone on this forum as you are so often won't to do.

How would I know if I disagree? Like you said, it's a general gripe thread. You might not like having Elevation in there and might not like having BD has the "opening" song, but I still may like Elevation. Do I have to remain quiet about the Elevation part?

It's this whole mentality that somehow these are the untouchable threads. We have folks that come into appretiation threads and say that they don't get the love for this particular songs, so why are these the untouchable threads?

It's this whole mentality that somehow these are the untouchable threads. We have folks that come into appretiation threads and say that they don't get the love for this particular songs, so why are these the untouchable threads?
exactly

I could understand people being upset had anyone decided to rip into someone

but I was saving that for tomorrow
forum protocol and all

If someone is posting "obvious" legitimate view points, I think responding with mocking tones or trying to derail the thread because a poster does not agree, is amazing. Sorry, thats what it looks like was done to me. You can gloss over it and state otherwise but I have serious doubts about that.

If I'm wrong and the responses were "legitimate" then I apologize. But I do not think its the case.

It doesn't have to be completely black and white, but the main purpose of this thread is for people to complain about the setlist. Some discussion about the songs is fine but it's not for people to complain about the people complaining about the setlist, or to just solely post the opposite of what this thread is about...if that's a little more clear.

It doesn't have to be completely black and white, but the main purpose of this thread is for people to complain about the setlist. Some discussion about the songs is fine but it's not for people to complain about the people complaining about the setlist, or to just solely post the opposite of what this thread is about...if that's a little more clear.
I respect this
but I have no idea how this is going to be upheld in other threads in the forum

:applaud:

To expand, I still think the set really needs this, as I posted in the prediction thread set before this tour leg started...

3-4 different songs. (some SOA-new, some 90's material).

new opening song like they said...that might be NLOTH. (Breathe isn't opening anymore obviously, and Boots was already used for the DVD)

Either do a proper acoustic set, or drop the single acoustic song (especially coupled with another slow song like I still haven't found...kills the tempo of the show). Didn't work on Elevation and Vertigo, and it doesn't work now.

Why is Elevation played for the 3rd tour in a row? It's fun live, but there are many more guitar/energetic and most importantly BETTER songs to choose from.

Ok, what is the theming of this show and explain how you think it works? The space theme???? It accounts for maybe two songs and the PA opening music only.

I think this tour has the most obvious of themes since ZooTV, I'm actually pretty suprised by how many don't get it.

It's all about space, time, location, travel and it's throughout the entire show.

You travel from Africa to Iran, earth to space to heaven.

What time is it? Even the bridges make wandering clock hands from a plan view.

Back
Top Bottom