After Glastonbury, will the setlist see more of... - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 360° Tour Central - 2009 / 2010 / 2011 Archive > Set Lists & Songs
Click Here to Login

Old 06-25-2011, 04:31 PM   #1
Refugee

Local Time: 12:47 AM
After Glastonbury, will the setlist see more of...

Bad / Out Of Control / The Fly

???

I'd like to think since they've dusted these off for Baltimore, Glastonbury... that they might as well continue playing these til the end of the 360 tour...

Old 06-25-2011, 04:44 PM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 08:47 PM
they didn't play Bad or Out of Control in Baltimore.

that said, I think Montreal 2 is as good a bet as any for them.

Old 06-25-2011, 04:48 PM   #3
Refugee

Local Time: 01:47 AM
I think the fly will stay,and maybe bad.
Old 06-25-2011, 04:48 PM   #4
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 05:47 PM
I'm crossing my fingers for Moncton, as the final show, and hopefully they'll see it as enough of a "special occasion" to bust out a few special items.

But who knows, now that they've played Bad, maybe it'll stay in. Would not complain.
Old 06-25-2011, 05:34 PM   #5
Blue Crack Distributor

So I suppose with the glowing praise of the set that interference is okay with a greatest hits tour now?
Old 06-25-2011, 05:38 PM   #6
Blue Crack Distributor

The glowing praise of the set was mostly because they went out there and fucking owned that crowd, who very likely was full of a lot of people who profess to not even like U2. No one is saying they want them to take the exact set back on the road for the rest of the tour.

And let's face it - of all the songs they played last night, guess which two didn't go over that well? That's right - Boots and MOS. They were right to play the set they did for that specific audience.
Old 06-25-2011, 05:46 PM   #7
The Fly

Local Time: 07:47 PM
If they do keep EBTTRT as the opener, they need to keep that pounding drum intro that Larry does.

Maybe it was the excitement of seeing U2 at Glasto, but those drums really got my pulse racing and I'm sure it'd do the same in a 360 show.
Old 06-25-2011, 05:48 PM   #8
Blue Crack Distributor

It's been the opener since the start of the current leg - I don't think that's going anywhere.
Old 06-25-2011, 05:56 PM   #9
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
And let's face it - of all the songs they played last night, guess which two didn't go over that well? That's right - Boots and MOS. They were right to play the set they did for that specific audience.
I think the boys have found a good-feel set, as Adam said, they are out to get us smiling some bit with these surprises, ...here is hoping Bad, Out of Control, and The Fly make it to Miami!

I wasnt surprised that Boots and MOS were played, I just would have figured New Year's Day and possibly Desire and/or Angel of Harlem would have been sure bets for Glasto, I think it might have worked a tad bit better, having said that, what a show they put on, talk about grabbing a hold of their crowd and never letting go!
Old 06-25-2011, 06:58 PM   #10
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 10:47 AM
I think they'll keep The Fly around (and that Magnificent is consequently dead?). But Bad and OOC? Not so sure. Would love them to both stay, but they strike me as candidates for just Montreal II and Moncton.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-25-2011, 07:21 PM   #11
Refugee

Local Time: 07:47 PM
360 Fly is easily my favorite version of The Fly since zoo tv, so I hope it stays for the remainder of the tour. Dunno about Bad and OOC, they may have just cracked them out specially for Glasto. They are playing the 90s stuff better than they've ever done (uh, since the 90s of course) maybe the remasters have rekindled their interest in that era, but they are being propelled to the finish line by the energy and vitality of those Achtung songs. I'm afraid NLOTH is well and truly dead and buried now. And really...who cares?
Old 06-25-2011, 07:41 PM   #12
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem
The glowing praise of the set was mostly because they went out there and fucking owned that crowd, who very likely was full of a lot of people who profess to not even like U2. No one is saying they want them to take the exact set back on the road for the rest of the tour.

I thought the set was great, and I have zero issue with the so called greatest hits tour they're currently on.

I just find it ironic how the greatest hits sets on 360 were an argumentative topic here, and this was as greatest hits a set as it gets, them admitting that nobody cares about their new songs, and everyone is loving it.
Old 06-25-2011, 07:56 PM   #13
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Glastonbury was never supposed to be anything but a greatest hits fest I don't think, so I think that's where the expectations were.
Old 06-26-2011, 01:08 AM   #14
Blue Crack Distributor

Sorry, headache - I misinterpreted what you were saying.
Old 06-26-2011, 01:24 AM   #15
Refugee

Local Time: 12:47 AM
Fly would be a welcomed change from I Will Follow, I'd like to see Bad swapped for Pride...