After Glastonbury, will the setlist see more of...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
Bad / Out Of Control / The Fly

???

I'd like to think since they've dusted these off for Baltimore, Glastonbury... that they might as well continue playing these til the end of the 360 tour...

they didn't play Bad or Out of Control in Baltimore.

that said, I think Montreal 2 is as good a bet as any for them.

I'm crossing my fingers for Moncton, as the final show, and hopefully they'll see it as enough of a "special occasion" to bust out a few special items.

But who knows, now that they've played Bad, maybe it'll stay in. Would not complain.

The glowing praise of the set was mostly because they went out there and fucking owned that crowd, who very likely was full of a lot of people who profess to not even like U2. No one is saying they want them to take the exact set back on the road for the rest of the tour.

And let's face it - of all the songs they played last night, guess which two didn't go over that well? That's right - Boots and MOS. They were right to play the set they did for that specific audience.

If they do keep EBTTRT as the opener, they need to keep that pounding drum intro that Larry does.

Maybe it was the excitement of seeing U2 at Glasto, but those drums really got my pulse racing and I'm sure it'd do the same in a 360 show.

It's been the opener since the start of the current leg - I don't think that's going anywhere.

And let's face it - of all the songs they played last night, guess which two didn't go over that well? That's right - Boots and MOS. They were right to play the set they did for that specific audience.

I think the boys have found a good-feel set, as Adam said, they are out to get us smiling some bit with these surprises, ...here is hoping Bad, Out of Control, and The Fly make it to Miami!

I wasnt surprised that Boots and MOS were played, I just would have figured New Year's Day and possibly Desire and/or Angel of Harlem would have been sure bets for Glasto, I think it might have worked a tad bit better, having said that, what a show they put on, talk about grabbing a hold of their crowd and never letting go!

I think they'll keep The Fly around (and that Magnificent is consequently dead?). But Bad and OOC? Not so sure. Would love them to both stay, but they strike me as candidates for just Montreal II and Moncton.

360 Fly is easily my favorite version of The Fly since zoo tv, so I hope it stays for the remainder of the tour. Dunno about Bad and OOC, they may have just cracked them out specially for Glasto. They are playing the 90s stuff better than they've ever done (uh, since the 90s of course) maybe the remasters have rekindled their interest in that era, but they are being propelled to the finish line by the energy and vitality of those Achtung songs. I'm afraid NLOTH is well and truly dead and buried now. And really...who cares?:reject:

corianderstem said:
The glowing praise of the set was mostly because they went out there and fucking owned that crowd, who very likely was full of a lot of people who profess to not even like U2. No one is saying they want them to take the exact set back on the road for the rest of the tour.

I thought the set was great, and I have zero issue with the so called greatest hits tour they're currently on.

I just find it ironic how the greatest hits sets on 360 were an argumentative topic here, and this was as greatest hits a set as it gets, them admitting that nobody cares about their new songs, and everyone is loving it.

Glastonbury was never supposed to be anything but a greatest hits fest I don't think, so I think that's where the expectations were.

Fly would be a welcomed change from I Will Follow, I'd like to see Bad swapped for Pride...

I truly hope that The Fly stays. And I'm insanely happy with them dropping most of ATYCLBSNORE. So Yeah, Glasto was a pretty damn perfect setlist for me. The only thing I'd still add are Crazy Tonight remix followed by Discotheque, COBL and NLOTH2. And ofcourse Batman-UV-WOWY-MOS for encore.

If they do keep EBTTRT as the opener, they need to keep that pounding drum intro that Larry does.
AMEN. The timing was a bit weird at the Glasto performance, but that might have just been nerves. With a bit of soundchecking, it'll be fine.

Also, the new videos for EBTTRT and The Fly are incredible and need to be used on 360 along with the current lighting.

Fly would be a welcomed change from I Will Follow, I'd like to see Bad swapped for Pride...

They should close the main set with Sunday Bloody Sunday, Bad, and Pride every night for the rest of the tour.

I'm so over Walk On. Scarlet's fine, but geez, give it and Walk On a rest already.

I truly hope that The Fly stays. And I'm insanely happy with them dropping most of ATYCLBSNORE. So Yeah, Glasto was a pretty damn perfect setlist for me. The only thing I'd still add are Crazy Tonight remix followed by Discotheque, COBL and NLOTH2. And ofcourse Batman-UV-WOWY-MOS for encore.

I'm so surprised they did not play City of Blinding Lights or Batman/UV at Glasto!

And for the people that were talking about it...
...Hasn't Larry been doing that pounding drum intro for Real Thing this whole time? :shrug: :reject: :shrug:

They should close the main set with Sunday Bloody Sunday, Bad, and Pride every night for the rest of the tour.

I'm so over Walk On. Scarlet's fine, but geez, give it and Walk On a rest already.

This:up::up:

I love how the energy builds when they barrel through the 80s anthems one after the next!

Glastonbury was the 1st time since the 3rd leg of Elevation that they gave this a shot and I thought it worked very well.

If I were them, I would try and find some way to push One further down the setlist, then close with a run through:

Streets
I Will Follow
Still Haven't Found
Bad
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Pride

Scarlet is a beautiful piece of music, but it's too short to take up a setlist spot all the time.

Walk On has completely run its course and can take a rest for the next month!

Add me as another vote for the Glastonbury setlist!

Of course, if I could've made it, it would've been longer and included Zooropa or Gloria or 40 or Two Hearts or anything from Pop.

But U2 did a damn good job given what they had to work with. I thought there was a clear structure.

1-5: Zoo TV barrage to show all the non U2 fan casuals in the crowd that they're more than 80s and 00s hits. These songs are a perfect way to shut up people who think all their stuff sounds alike!

6-8:Joshua Tree Tour nostalgia: We've now accomplished 3 goals: acknowledged Zoo TV and JT tours, their most famous tours, and reminded the casuals what U2 are about!

9: Slow it down and play a stunner that few outside the fan base know, but all will be able to appreciate.

10-13: We're still here and still making hits(at least Boots is kind of cool live).

14-16: Anthem alley.

17-18: Emotional climax/goodbye.

19: Celebration of a successful night on such a special occasion.

Maybe they should play Halo from Beyonce. I would never EVER thought I would write this but she (of all people) owend Glastonbury and subsequently U2 and U2 light in the process. WHAT IS HAPPENING?!? :|

I hope the guys play Bad and Out of control more often. The Fly is obviously a fatastic addition

Its a sad day when beyonce goes down well at GLASTONBURY, and people where complaining about U2 being to big for it? I guess she must be all indie

Its a sad day when beyonce goes down well at GLASTONBURY, and people where complaining about U2 being to big for it? I guess she must be all indie

was thinking the exact same thing yesterday. That being said, she really shined out there. Oh well, she and Bono went on a holiday toghether so she must be a nice girl right. At least she mentoined the boys last night. :wink:

was thinking the exact same thing yesterday. That being said, she really shined out there. Oh well, she and Bono went on a holiday toghether so she must be a nice girl right. At least she mentoined the boys last night. :wink:
did she do some snippet??

Back
Top Bottom