Adam should do the talkie bit @ the end of Your Blue Room!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alive@33

The Fly
Screw those space station dudes!!! :D

Has anyone ever heard Adam's voice at a U2 show? I've heard Larry, Edge & Bono but never Adam

This was the perfect time for his voice to make its debut (correct me if Im wrong about the debut - I have no doubt you will!
icon10.gif
)

Those space guys have stolen his lines dammit! He OWNS those lines!

I think Adam used to sing to help thicken up some the backing vocals that require loud chanting lines, rather than harmonizing. Examples include:

I will follow: WALK AWAY, WALK AWAY!
Twilight: SHADOWS!
2 hearts: CAN'T STOP TO DANCE!
Surrender: WOOOO WOOOO WOOOOOOO (ending)
Bullet: SKY!!
A Celebration: SHAKE! SHAKE!
The Refugee: WOOO! WOOOOOOO! (In the hypothetical live version, he would have probably sang this to boost the power of the vocals.)

I've also seen him sing on WOWY, ISHFWILF, and Out of Control, although his contributions are not audible. During Zoo TV versions of when love comes to town, Bono would sometimes put his mic in front of Adam and he'd sing a line or two. On record, you can hear him on the spoken word part of "Your blue room", and his lead vocals on "Endless Deep", and I use the term lead vocals quite loosely. Really, I think Adam's mic was there only so that Edge could sing into it when they played "40", since they had to switch spots.

I heard all 4 members voices at the Sheffield show - Bono went round them asking how many A-levels they had, very funny moment, a real highlight!

On topic - from what I've seen/heard about this song live, I think it would be nice if Adam were to speak his part but I think it would fit better into the show and have more relevance were the astronauts to do it.

I heard all 4 members voices at the Sheffield show - Bono went round them asking how many A-levels they had, very funny moment, a real highlight!

Bono: "Edge, how many A-Levels did you get?"
Edge: "More than you!"

:lol:

Yeah, as cool as it is that Your Blue Room is getting played, the coolness of it's inclusion is substantially undermined by the fact that Adam Clayton ain't singing his bit...

Back
Top Bottom