Adam has gone all tribute band on us!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gman

New Yorker
anyone else noticed how adam has gone funked up on us with this tour? he is using MUSE-esque bass lines on NLOTH and walk on with his use of driving delay, and on songs like UF and Elevation, he has gone a bit funky munky and sounds like a tribute band bassist might sound. Just a conclusion I have reached

anyone else noticed how adam has gone funked up on us with this tour? he is using MUSE-esque bass lines on NLOTH and walk on with his use of driving delay, and on songs like UF and Elevation, he has gone a bit funky munky and sounds like a tribute band bassist might sound. Just a conclusion I have reached

What an odd adjective. Funky Munky.

Not sure what the "tribute band" analogy even means. You're kind of all over the place, he's Muse-esque, he's funky, or is he tribute band like?

I think it's an insult because Muse is shit!

thank you

i'm not sure what the big deal about them is

this girl is all pissy with me for not telling her they are opening in dallas...it's not my job to tell anyone who's playing where, when, and who's opening for them. if we were a couple, maybe...but we're not.

i'm going, she's not and she's trying to horn in on my trip

idon'tthinkso

-dan

Not sure what the "tribute band" analogy even means. You're kind of all over the place, he's Muse-esque, he's funky, or is he tribute band like?

Hes all 3 BVS.....Muse-esque lines on NLOTH and Walk ON, funks up TUF chorus and tribute band-ish on Elevation. Point being...he seems to be really mixing it up on this tour. by no means a critiscism, just a fun observation

and tribute band-ish on Elevation. Point being...he seems to be really mixing it up on this tour. by no means a critiscism, just a fun observation

Ok, I get the other two, but this one still has me going :scratch:.

Can you try and explain what it means? I'm not getting the "tribute band-ish on Elevation" part.

wait what? what's a tribute band bassist sound like? shouldn't they try to sound like the actual band? i don't get it.

Au contraire lesser mortals. Tribute bands quite often dont play the actual accepted basslines...they kind of ad lib a lot.

For Example
YouTube - Joshua Tree - The Real Thing (U2 cover band)

you might need headphones to hear the detail

Anyhoo...listen closely to the bassline adam is playing on Elevation NOW ( i recommend the Sheffield Bootleg for this)....compared to the past versions and you will hear what i mean
Trust me on this....am a bass player!

And please dont lose the fact...that i am not trying to pass this of as some scientific fact...its just a bit of fun!

Yeah his new added Bass parts are the biz:up: sounds great.
hes really enjoying the bass playing on the 360tour..

I have also enjoyed Adam's bass playing in recent years, but what are some specific ones that are mixed up on the current tour (other than what's mentioned already)?

I have also enjoyed Adam's bass playing in recent years, but what are some specific ones that are mixed up on the current tour (other than what's mentioned already)?

One example is Streets - it's especially obvious during the "and when I go there, I'll go there with you" line. Sounds excellent.

I'd go so far as to say that Adam and Larry are the real stars of this tour. They've both been great.

Back
Top Bottom