A Sort of Homecoming!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd commit KNIFE CRIME on any number of you if it would get them to play ASOH.

mmm yeeeeeeeeahh I can see how that might work
icon32.gif
:huh:
icon32.gif
:huh:
icon32.gif

Now I know what I must do
icon32.gif

It's all suddenly become so clear :huh:

---

I would love to hear Love Comes Tumbling, ridiculous though :(

wow awesome link there - Eddie Vedder is a cool guy

I would give up all the other 22-24 songs of the night just to hear this song live... OK every song but Magnificent because those two songs back to back would be a life-defining moment.

they could certainly get rid of the standard ATYCLB/HTDAAB crap (save for BD and COBL) to make room for this gem, and a few others like it. But yeah....this song really needs to make a comeback.

At least there is "The Unforgettable Fire" in all its beauty, plus a really nice rendition of "MLK" plus "Pride" and the occasional "Bad" –the 1984 album really has a standing this tour. And I do hope, it is not only, because U2 want to sell a box set of this gem in autumn/winter 2009 ...:D So, there might be still hope for "A Sort Of Homecoming", maybe even in 2010 ...

At least there is "The Unforgettable Fire" in all its beauty, plus a really nice rendition of "MLK" plus "Pride" and the occasional "Bad" –the 1984 album really has a standing this tour. And I do hope, it is not only, because U2 want to sell a box set of this gem in autumn/winter 2009 ...:D So, there might be still hope for "A Sort Of Homecoming", maybe even in 2010 ...

I think the remaster is a part of it. But beyond that, a lot of people have commented that there is a sonic connection between TUF and NLOTH, much like there seemed to be one between Boy and HTDAAB.

I think the remaster is a part of it. But beyond that, a lot of people have commented that there is a sonic connection between TUF and NLOTH, much like there seemed to be one between Boy and HTDAAB.

Yes, that is true.

As much as I agree: ASOH is killer and i'd love to hear it again...

...GOD do I want to hear them do Promenade on this tour. With the right lighting and stage theatrics, you could turn a 90,000 seat stadium into a small pavillion with that song.

As much as I agree: ASOH is killer and i'd love to hear it again...

...GOD do I want to hear them do Promenade on this tour. With the right lighting and stage theatrics, you could turn a 90,000 seat stadium into a small pavillion with that song.

I'm sorry, but I have a hard time understanding how songs like Promenade would fit at all into the show. YBR is a song that's similarly unknown, but the band insist on playing it (not that I'm complaining) because it's fits so damn well into the show, even if it stupefies audiences. Promenade doesn't have the benefit of being well-known or particularly fitting into the show, so I can't see how it would do very well on this tour.

Actually, I think I agree with The John Tree. Promenade and YBR rotating in that spot before Unknown Caller would be phenomenal.

Listening to ASOH makes me more pumped for this remaster than any other, imagine what it'll sound like. Of course imagine what it would sound like in stadium... DAMN IT PLAY THIS SONG!!!

Back
Top Bottom