2010 Song Suggestions - U2.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
U2.com subscribers might be interested in this:

U2.com > Sign In

They posted a thread like this back in April/May of last year or so, and I wouldn't be surprised if they listened to it in resurrecting Ultraviolet and TUF, debuting ES, and almost debuting Drowning Man... so it's worth commenting on, I think.

My votes went to F-BB and Mofo.

For those that are not subscribers:

Speaking to Dave Fanning of Irelands's 2FM a few weeks back, Edge said the band had begun thinking about this year's shows. Dave mentioned that in 2009 there was always five or six songs from No Line on the Horizon: 'Would you keep that many?

'We were talking about adding more,' said Edge, in a decidedly enigmatic tone. 'Changing out some of the songs...'

And that was it, the subject was closed, he was giving nothing else away. But we can dream can't we ? So here's the thing: if you could add in a song from 'No Line' which wasn't a regular in the set last year ... what would it be?

And while you're musing on that one, what song from any earlier album, which didn't feature in 2009, would you love to hear in the mix this time around ?

Answers in the box below please. One different track from No Line, one other track from any earlier album. (And why, if you have the time...)

(If your memory needs refreshing on the songs the band were performing last year, check the 2009 dates and click on any city to see the set list.)

In such a mish-mash of posts that really lacks any common trend, I'm almost wondering if it might be a good idea to actually try to make a convincing argument about any one song.

I asked for Fez and HMTMKMKM (which I'm well aware isn't happening).

I did Fez and Last Night on Earth. How great would it be the "liftoff" segment was proceeded by the Last Night on Earth --> Elevation ?

Just choose a Pop song.

My votes were also for FEZ and MOFO.
It seems that most people want SUC.:doh:

Going for Fez and MoFo.

Thanks for commenting. We receive a lot of comments, not all can be published immediately, and some we may need to edit. Check back later.

Edit? I'd laugh if they edit out mofo cause it could possibly be used as an insult.

I hope this doesn't mean U2 are going to take out the songs we picked last year, UF and UV. Ultraviolet, IMO, sounded better on this tour than it did on ZOO TV or even the Achtung Baby version. I like the guitar texturing better, and Bono really goes for it with the vocals o the song.

I voted for Fez for my NLOTH song, and I put Mofo, Exit or Dirty Day. Then I forgot about Gone!

I love In God's Country, wish it was in the setlist..

I hope they don't take out UF or UV, definitely the highlights...

the amount of votes for SUC has me a little concerned.

Seems like some people want to hear something new so badly that they don't really care if it's actually any good.

Personally, I'd rather hear a particularly lethargic version of All Because of You than Stand Up Comedy.

Well, there´s a lot of asking for FBB as well. Plus there seems to be a high demand for nineties rockers - many people wished songs like Mofo or HMTKMKM. So, if the band takes that poll as serious as the last time, we might have a chance for a better setlist.

I asked for one song from each album + NLOTH played in its entirety. Or better still some new songs.

I suppose I should wait until I actually hear some songs played live before passing judgement. On the Vertigo Tour, I didn't care for the inclusion of An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart -- until I actually heard them in person. On the other hand, I was among those begging for the return of Running to Stand Still, which didn't really turn out to be as spectacular as I'd envisioned.

Yeah, just read through all the post. High demand for Fez/Being Born & 90's material. Come U2 just put ATYCLB to the side and blow stadiums to the moon :drool:

YES. I've been all about that song, lately. And Two Hearts. And A Sort of Homecoming.

I'll really miss UV (I agree, this tour is the best he's sung it, ever) and UF if they take those out, though.

We are on the same wavelength!!

If we got these 3 and no 90s rockers I'd be happy, though I obviously would not complain about the 90s rockers either.

I agree with what zoopop said above me- they need not drop UF and UV, just get rid of the excessive ATYCLB!

No Doubt that they have to find a way to play and open with Fez.If a cover band from Chile can do it,it seems embaressing that the original one can't,isn't it?

No Doubt that they have to find a way to play and open with Fez.If a cover band from Chile can do it,it seems embaressing that the original one can't,isn't it?
It's not a question of if they can but if they think it fits the show and works live. Let's hope it doesn't go the same way as Drowning Man.

I love SUC and I don't understand why they haven't played it live yet.

SUC and Fez would be my votes. As for older material ... well, too much to mention, actually :lol:

Back
Top Bottom