2009/10 - The return of The Unforgettable Fire

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Agree with Blue Room that it is unlikely to return. Also feel that it is one of the few U2 songs better in studio than live, perhaps due to the heavy reliance on sequencers in concert. Moreover, as has been noted, Bono would be unlikely to be able to pull this one off without dropping the key. So probably not a winning combination.

What will we hear instead? I'd venture One, Streets, Beautiful Day, Vertigo, perfunctory versions of SBS, Pride, Bullet, maybe I Will Follow, NYD, Mysterious Ways, Elevation, Sometimes. With a stadium show, expect U2 to play it even safer than their arena setlists. Any semi-obscure track or non-radio song threatens a mass exodus bathroom break (like Miracle Drug was in 2005).

Also feel that it is one of the few U2 songs better in studio than live, perhaps due to the heavy reliance on sequencers in concert.

:lol::lol: if this counts, then U2 have to cancel their tour asap. Haven't heard as many sequencers lately as in U2's current live versions from NLOTH ... Give a live airing of "The Unforgettable Fire" a chance, Bono will sing it fine ...

Would dearly love UF to return. Like a lot of their songs, U2 have criminally dust-binned it over the years.

They did not chose the tunes, because a) they felt, these tunes would not fit; b) they didn't want to; c) they didn't care as much as we do, which 'old songs' are to be performed ...but after 20 years, it really is time for the beautiful title track of "The Unforgettable Fire" to be performed again ...C'mon, folks, you can't kill poetry ...:wink:

Anybody else here requesting for the long overdue live comeback of the awesome track "The Unforgettable Fire?"? :wave:

I never thought that TUF sounded very good live - but who knows... it could sound better if they played it now with their arsenal of effects and sequencers.

Now ASOH... that's another story.

Magnificent is the modern U2 cousin of ASOH, it'd be cool to see them in connection, but yes I think its time for some love of UF fire tracks, as well as some October and Zooropa.

This is one of those oldies that is very likely to return. And I'm rooting for Ultra Violet as well.

INDEED :up:

How great would Promenade into Bad into TUF into ASOH be?

I know it will never happen

i'll think that's TUF is not possible to play on the next tour,
asohc is a big chance that they will play it :drool:

11-07-2009 Paris (GA)
12-07-2009 Paris (seats)
21-07-2009 Amsterdam (seats)
03-08-2009 Gelsenkirchen (GA)
14-08-2009 London (GA)
20-09-2009 Boston MA (GA)
21-09-2009 Boston MA (seats)
24-09-2009 East Rutherford NJ (seats)

you've got my vote. Give us UF! :applaud:

While you're at it, give us Bad :drool: , ASOH, Promenade ... & why not MLK too.

Now you've got me itching to go & listen to UF, haven't heard it in a while, & it's probably my favourite album.

Back
Top Bottom