Y so Much Achtung

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
More likely it's Glastonbury.

The setlist shuffle and the cramming of 4 or 5 AB songs didn't happen until 2 shows before that performance.

More likely it's remaster.

Back in 2009, they played The Unforgettable Fire live. Wa hey, they had the UF remaster out.
After that year, they stopped playing it.
Now in 2011...Wa hey! Suddenly EBTTRT opens the show, and The Fly is back in the setlist outta nowhere, and now we've 4 AB songs opening the show. And Zooropa and Stay are being played on a nightly basis. You'd al-most think they have a remaster coming up....

U2girl said:
More likely it's Glastonbury.

The setlist shuffle and the cramming of 4 or 5 AB songs didn't happen until 2 shows before that performance.

And happened to continue three shows after Glastonbury? Seems a little odd---are they practicing for a Glastonbury do-over?

I really don't see the point in continuing to be blind to the obvious.

when did it go from hold me, thrill me, kiss me, kill me to "that batman song" or "batman"?

i fucking hate that. if you want to shorten it, hmtmkmkm is good enough and isn't a complete bastardisation of the song.

coolian2 said:
when did it go from hold me, thrill me, kiss me, kill me to "that batman song" or "batman"?

i fucking hate that. if you want to shorten it, hmtmkmkm is good enough and isn't a complete bastardisation of the song.

:lol: I agree. I think the u2start guy started calling it that on his tweets and then everyone else followed. I know HMTMKMKM is annoying to type, but I hate calling it "batman"----it's like calling North Star just "Transformers."

The acronym for Batman (YEAH, I SAID IT) is too annoying to type, because I have to stop and think about it.

If I acronym it, it's HMTMetcetc. I am a Woman Of the World On the Interwebz - I don't have time to think!

This +1 Fucking thousand. Whats wrong with HMTMKMKM or Hold Me? Hell, whats gonna happen when they dust off Alex Descends Into Hell for a Bottle of Milk/Korova 1?

I can't believe she had what, 51 shows here on her last tour? Its beyond crazy. She stuck to the exact same setlist too....i know a couple of people who did what I now call "Doing a Cathal" and saw most shows. :crazy:

Make that 58. (thanks Wikipedia!) The only city it looks like she missed was Geelong, which even Kelly Clarkson played some time back :laugh:

Puts it in perspective when U2 did their last arena tour of Australia it was only about 23 shows. Seems like Bono needs to do some acrobatics next time they do an arena tour here.

The acronym for Batman (YEAH, I SAID IT) is too annoying to type, because I have to stop and think about it.

If I acronym it, it's HMTMetcetc. I am a Woman Of the World On the Interwebz - I don't have time to think!

I agree, the acronym's too annoying to think about and type out. "Hold me..." works though...:D

Agreed. Too many M's in the acronym. Batman is way easier. And I think Dan introduced that nickname for the song in the setlist parties. Since he's got the Macphisto batsignal avatar and posted a photo of that in the threads.

holdme_large.jpg

Who's that on the album cover? :angel:

With the amount of $, time, energy, manpower, and technology involved in this damn claw spectacle, it makes all the sense in the world to AB the sh!t out of this concert...Put on a "Pink Floyd-esqe" light show...I'm all for AB tunes, especially right off the bat.

As was said earlier, the 360 tour's original purpose was to showcase the new songs, but that was so 2009. Let U2 flip the script and do their thing !! It's wonderful. :rockon:

With the amount of $, time, energy, manpower, and technology involved in this damn claw spectacle, it makes all the sense in the world to AB the sh!t out of this concert...Put on a "Pink Floyd-esqe" light show...I'm all for AB tunes, especially right off the bat.

As was said earlier, the 360 tour's original purpose was to showcase the new songs, but that was so 2009. Let U2 flip the script and do their thing !! It's wonderful. :rockon:

:love: :up:

And happened to continue three shows after Glastonbury? Seems a little odd---are they practicing for a Glastonbury do-over?

I really don't see the point in continuing to be blind to the obvious.

Err...they like that opening ? :ohmy:

They could have rammed up AB at the start of 2011, back in South America, if this was really about the remaster. Bono could have mentioned in on stage - I don't think he did it at all. Much like, oh wait, the UF remaster in 2009. Instead we got 7 NLOTH songs because that's what they were promoting then.

If anything, most folk seeing the current opening probably think "ah, Zoo TV".

99% of the audience have no idea about either of the remaster, and don't care. The 1% that does care will look into the remaster whether or not U2 plays the record.
And it's almost 4 months between the tour ending and the (likely) November release date. No one outside the rabid fandom will care about the remaster now, and no one will care about the fact that AB got so much play later in the Fall.

Because the AB remaster was totally already announced back in january. Oh wait, it just got announced before Glasto... right when they started filming an AB documentary in Winnipeg and went back to Hansa. And gee, right after that they started playing The Fly again...

Gee, total coincidence there.

and no one will care about the fact that AB got so much play later in the Fall.
*everyone. Because AB shits all over ATYCLB in EVERY possible way. How can you NOT see this as an improvement? Really, I just don't get it.

The real talk about the remaster only started very recently, with the RS talk.

Glasto, on the other hand, did have huge announcements.

And what do you know, the setlist has a big change...2 shows before Glasto.

Because the AB remaster was totally already announced back in january. Oh wait, it just got announced before Glasto... right when they started filming an AB documentary in Winnipeg and went back to Hansa. And gee, right after that they started playing The Fly again...

Gee, total coincidence there.

*everyone. Because AB shits all over ATYCLB in EVERY possible way. How can you NOT see this as an improvement? Really, I just don't get it.

Again, no one will care in 3.5 months when AB remaster comes what was played back in July.

Most people will associate the current opening with Zoo TV. Which was their plan for Glastonbury anyway; one of the proposed setlists was to have the Zoo TV build up.

eta: though the irony of moaning about 4 ATYCLB songs is not missed now with the amount of songs AB is getting.

Well they did plan to open Glasto with Streets, and changed from that to an AB laden set. Glasto gets viewers that don't normally go to U2 shows. They could be tempted in buying the remaster, because when they see the ads they'll think back to the good show they got @ Glasto.

Again, no one will care in 3.5 months when AB remaster comes what was played back in July.

Most people will associate the current opening with Zoo TV. Which was their plan for Glastonbury anyway; one of the proposed setlists was to have the Zoo TV build up.

I don't get how you are so sure about that. The entire idea of playing for that remaster is to play on people's memory. It's one of the oldest psychology tricks in the book! You give a great show, loaded with AB songs, someone sees an advert on tv or in a newspaper or whatever and they think back to the show they saw, remembered the great time and feel nostalgic, thus buy the remaster. It's so easy.

Back
Top Bottom