Who's going to a concert solo?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I went to two shows on the last tour by myself and I had a blast. I might be doing the same this year also. So who's going to Giant's Stadium?.

Hi Martha why do you prefer going to concerts on your own?

I like being able to come and go as I please, pee when I want, stay till the show ends, not have to entertain any companions during the music. When I go alone, the focus is the music. When I go with someone else, the focus becomes the pair of us, not the music we're supposed to be listening to.

But, I drive across the US by myself, so I may not be the one to listen to. :shrug: :)

I've only been to 2 concerts alone but I would totally do it again. I kinda went alone to U2 in Buffalo for Vertigo in that I went with my cousin but we sat apart. She was in the stands and I was in GA.

I'm still trying to decide if I want GA or top price this time around. Decisions, decisions!:hmm:

Hey Bev - Julie here
Great to talk to you again. Your hubby was the bomb in Cleveland with the heater!
I'll probable go to at least one or two shows alone. Hubby will probably go to one though I don't think I can get him to do GA unless I'm saving his place and I know that is a no no.

:wave: I wondered if you were around! Hope to see you again! Cleveland needs to be in August this tour! GA in single degree temp was NOT fun.

Lately I have been preferring going to concerts solo as it has its perks.

I agree that it's better to go hans solo than drag someone with you who won't enjoy it that much and they feel a bit out of place. Though I am all about exposing people to live music they haven't experienced before but they get one shot only cause it's a privilege :wink:

Quite frankly coming across friends that like u2 music and have the desire to see them in concert too is sorta a rare find. The ones that do have young families to take care of anyways.

I am amazed of the camaraderie at most concerts especially U2, it's definitely a reflection of the artists.

I've done it twice, so I may go to another U2 concert alone this time. However, I'm going to try to team up with some friends who are also U2 fans.

I have gone to 5 shows, all originally planned to be myself. The Honolulu show was the exception when I met lotsa new friends in April during the postponement.

This time all those guys are going to Dublin, I can't go this time. So I am going to fly to the Toronto show by myself and meet more new people.

Out of the dozens of U2 concerts I've been to, I've only gone with someone once... ZooTV in Cleveland. He enjoyed the show, but I have to say that unless the person you go with is the same kind of fan you are, then it's more fun alone.

It's always cool to see some of the folks that post here and hang out for a few hours before the show. Kind of like a family reunion in its own right.

I only got one ticket for the Amsterdam I show so I need to go solo from Belgium to Holland. Anyway, I have not a single reason to complain!!!

I only got one ticket for the Amsterdam I show so I need to go solo from Belgium to Holland. Anyway, I have not a single reason to complain!!!

I imagine a lot of Belgians will be coming to The Netherlands? If you get on the intl trein from Brussels to Amsterdam I'm sure you could meet a couple of U2 fans on the way. :up:

No I won't feel alone at all. Deliberate choice. And I'll go with frineds to A'dam I.

i may well be going going to Don Valley solo! I think it might turn out better...my friends are generally indifferent to U2 or casual fans, although one i think really wants to go but hsi lack of computer ability means he hasn't got a chance! how he got a gcse in IT is one of lifes great mysteries..

Im gonig alone wife is not a fan. So ill be in Toronto for the show alone. Can anyone get me a stuffed cocaktoo to wear on my shoulder

Be going alone to London probably - did last year as none of my mates liek U2 that much and none of them iwll queue from early morning.

Is it werid going to a concert alone? I feel as though it would be kind of awkard...but I may b going to a Coldplay show in June solo

I went alone to two shows last tour (in seats, not GA). I was kind of nervous that I would feel like a big nerd...but I had a blast! It's actually not that uncommon--sometimes people go to a show together but have to sit apart.

I may go to the Vancouver show alone in October if none of my friends want to make the trip, though this time I will be doing GA :drool:

For about the first 5 minutes. Then you meet a bunch of people who share your passion for the music and you have the time of your life!

It can feel awkward and self concious

Quite often people are in groups

I have got chatting to some other fans at gigs but I wouldn't say it was the norm for me.

Back
Top Bottom