Who should U2 take on tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My vote goes to Franz Ferdinand and Last Shadow Puppets

Yes!!!! :applaud: Franz Ferdinand are SOOO good live! I want them to tour together in the US this time! My two favorite live acts...ever

franzwbono.jpg

based on how rubbish GOYB sounded at the grammy's perhaps they should not tour

:rolleyes: oh please. like you not liking one song invalidates their entire catalogue.

whoever said Asobi Seksu...great idea! :up:

If I ruled the world...The Fall of Troy :lol: U2 fans would be so confused.

I think I said Bloc Party earlier in this thread, but they might be touring already.

a lot of people said MGMT, that'd be a good pick. they're fun.

something post-rock would be cool and different.

Paul McCartney, Morrissey, Franz Ferdinand, Leonard Cohen, Beirut, Girl Talk, The Ting Tings, The Crystal Method, Crystal Castles, A Place to Bury Strangers, Los Campesinos!, Gui Boratto

or

The Cure, My Bloody Valentine, Yeah Yeah Yeahs,Lupe Fiasco, Peter Bjorn and John, X, Antony & the Johnsons, Roni Size, Public Enemy, Jenny Lewis, Groove Armada, Lykke Li, The Kills, Okkervil River, Clipse, Sebastien Tellier, Fucked Up, Junior Boys, Brian Jonestown Massacre, Vivian Girls

Eskimo Joe deserve to.

Editors deserve more exposure to U2 fans. Exceptional band.

Not Morrissey because he'll show Bono up lyrically.

Phail, feat. Axver on guitar, Alisaura on bass, major_panic on drums and special guest The Sad Punk on lyrics, backed by Slopsy, liamcool, cinnaminson, Galeongirl, gump, coolian2 and KhanadaRhodes on whatever they feel like! It'll be rockin'.

Wouldn't mind seeing White Lies do some support slots.

Was thinking back last night some of the bands who played support on the Vertigo tour - Keane, The Killers, Snow Patrol, Kaiser Chiefs, Franz Ferdinand - they'll do well to match that calibre this time.

Phail, feat. Axver on guitar, Alisaura on bass, major_panic on drums and special guest The Sad Punk on lyrics, backed by Slopsy, liamcool, cinnaminson, Galeongirl, gump, coolian2 and KhanadaRhodes on whatever they feel like! It'll be rockin'.

Oh, that would be too good to be true. People would be so amazed by the end of the opening act that they would leave without seeing U2.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again until it comes true:

Elbow

Elbow

Elbow

Elbow

I'd LOVE to see them open every single US gig. They've already gotten recognition in Europe. Now they need to crack the US, and there's no better way to do it than with U2.

If they are going to pull off the stadium thing, 'co-headliners' would be a brilliant idea.

REM or PJ or both would be perfect. Lots of great second choices listed here. Props to whomever suggested the Jacket and BoH. That would be the end of me.

The Killers so I can take one of their satan passes off one of their road cases that is a MIX pass from the Vertigo tour and take it. Damnit I didn't have the guts to snag it a month ago.

What about MGMT? Their tour page only lists Bonnaroo in June. or are they too cool to open for U2 :wink:

Back
Top Bottom