Who should U2 take on tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2

U2 should play 7 B-sides before the main set, for US, the hardcore-nerd fans... so no one can moan about WOWY or Pride or Bullet in the real setlist

imagine Lady With The Spinning Head :drool:

having just got the new 'James' album, I would love to see them open for U2. However, I think that wouldn't happen in the UK as they already fill the same size Arenas. Gotta love Tim Booth, and Brian Eno said that he enjoyed working with them more than any other band!

pepokiss said:
U2

U2 should play 7 B-sides before the main set, for US, the hardcore-nerd fans... so no one can moan about WOWY or Pride or Bullet in the real setlist

imagine Lady With The Spinning Head :drool:

Best idea ever

Are You Gonna Wait Forever?
Holy Joe
Lady With The Spinning Head
Spanish Eyes
Endless Deep
Salome
Luminous Times

Here's a scoop: Da 2 won't be going on tour at all, because they'll be too rattled from the 3 out of 5 review they received from Q magazine.

i'm hoping for Doves. their new album comes out in April, and Bono is supposedly a big fan of theirs.

No chance of the Gallows!

Possibilty:-
Elbow, Kings Of Leon, Franz Ferdinand, The Doves, Glasvagas, Airborne Toxic Event, Keane, White Lies

They normally have 2 support acts for Stadium shows one very new and upcoming band and another estabilshed band

No chance of the Gallows!

Possibilty:-
Elbow, Kings Of Leon, Franz Ferdinand, The Doves, Glasvagas, Airborne Toxic Event, Keane, White Lies

KOL too big I would have thought. White Lies is a good one.

The Twang? Lilly Allen?

the 2?

:hmm:

really?

is that what we've resorted to?

is the letter 'U' THAT difficult to write?

U

See, I just did it.

U

did it AGAIN!

seriously. Can we not ever use the moniker ever again. :down:

U

Guys, I'm telling you... it's WHAM! They will reunite and open shows for U2 as part of the reunion tour...

I HAVE a SOURCE!!!!

Artists that actually have new albums to support:

Franz Ferdinand
Doves
The Fray :)yikes: I know, but considering U2 have given us Dashboard Confessional...)
Lily Allen
Super Furry Animals
The Decemberists

Who the hell is "the 2" ? go away

Um.....yeah I kinda agree. I mean calling the Rolling Stones the Stones makes sense because it is an abreviation. However calling U2, The 2 is actually adding to the number of keystrokes actually adding 3 strokes to the name. As for the sound, it would be cool if we were all hanging out at the Peach Pit with Brandon and Dylan, but then again if we were hanging out at the Peach Pit, we would all be the containers used to carry feminine hygiene products.

Quick someone get me more coffee.

Okay, I won't joke anymore... after all this thread is interesting...

I would say:

Elbow
MGMT
The Ting Tings
The Kills
The Enemy (I would love all of these, but this one would be awesome, great, amazing and whatever else.)

Back
Top Bottom