Who longs for the days of getting tickets from Propaganda?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

what a bomb!

Refugee
The official u2 fan club before the internet appeared...got my best tickets from them Elevation tour, got in the heart for one of the gigs at earls court...Vertigo tour thru u2.com was a nightmare...got tickets riiiiight at the back after the presale code cockup back then grrrr!

The official u2 fan club before the internet appeared...got my best tickets from them Elevation tour, got in the heart for one of the gigs at earls court...Vertigo tour thru u2.com was a nightmare...got tickets riiiiight at the back after the presale code cockup back then grrrr!

There were major cock-ups on the 1st leg of Vertigo but other than taking a while the 2nd leg was fine and the 3rd leg was smooth as anything (complete with extra codes for ex-prop members). Given that pretty much everyone seems to be getting the tickets they wanted this time it seems a little difficult to criticise the way it has been handled (so far). Clearly there has been an effort made to get tickets to the fan club and for that they should be applauded. I can categorically state this is the easiest FC pre-sale I have ever taken part in. I hope the rest of the Euro dates and the US dates are as easy for everyone taking part in them.

I might of course view things differentlt had I been a part of propaganda.

There were major cock-ups on the 1st leg of Vertigo but other than taking a while the 2nd leg was fine and the 3rd leg was smooth as anything (complete with extra codes for ex-prop members). Given that pretty much everyone seems to be getting the tickets they wanted this time it seems a little difficult to criticise the way it has been handled (so far). Clearly there has been an effort made to get tickets to the fan club and for that they should be applauded. I can categorically state this is the easiest FC pre-sale I have ever taken part in. I hope the rest of the Euro dates and the US dates are as easy for everyone taking part in them.

I might of course view things differentlt had I been a part of propaganda.

guess i should add I am not a paying subscriber of u2.com cos of the cockup lastime, maybe no fault of their own, it just put me off, so glad to hear this time they seemed to have got it right :)

Don't forget Prop was all by snailmail, got everything I requested, none of this "best seats avaliable" don't get me wrong, I love the internet, but there lies the problem...more accessible to more people for stuff like this and tickets are gone in seconds! lol

Don't forget Prop was all by snailmail, got everything I requested, none of this "best seats avaliable" don't get me wrong, I love the internet, but there lies the problem...more accessible to more people for stuff like this and tickets are gone in seconds! lol

Know what you mean, as knowledge spreads tickets get harder to find. More people are finding out about the last minute ticket drops than a few years ago so those are now a race against time as well, far easier when only a handful of people knew that...should have had some Fight Club style rules to prevent talking about it or something!

Prop days were great.. receiving a list, thinking for days which shows to go to.. sending the form, waiting for the tix...
..nowadays, it's a matter of logging on, ordering tix, printing them out and done....
.... We're getting old... :lol:

Prop days were great.. receiving a list, thinking for days which shows to go to.. sending the form, waiting for the tix...
..nowadays, it's a matter of logging on, ordering tix, printing them out and done....
.... We're getting old... :lol:

Ah, I prefer the term "getting old" to already getting there :lol::lol:

Getting tickets in the heart where never availible through propaganda though? it was always still GA

Getting tickets in the heart where never availible through propaganda though? it was always still GA

Yes your right, I had GA tickets so as it was a saturday could get there early enough to queue for the wristband that got you into the heart, there was no guarantees...but still, got what I set out for :)

I had horrible moments getting tix from propaganda, I think it was Popmart...I remember friends showing up minutes before the concert and getting better tix from the box office...

So that's what I did for Elevation and always got great tix...

U2 has always treated me very well. My Prop tix:

Joshua Tree - Boston Garden 20th row center floor
Zoo TV - Hartford - 8th row center floor
Zoo TV - Boston Garden - 4th row center floor (offered $1k per ticket but kept them)
Zoo TV - Foxboro - 3rd row field
Zoo TV - Philly - 6th row field
Popmart - 10th row field
Elevation - Boston GA (multiple shows)
Elevation - Providence GA and gold circle side stage

Those are just my Prop tickets; I have been to many other shows. I loved Prop, but they are doing the right thing with U2.com. I have no complaints.

My uncle was a prop member before I was. During the first leg of ZooTV, he received his order form literally days before the closest concert (Atlanta.) The ticket service wouldn't mail his tickets because there wasn't time, so they were left at "Will Call." Arrive to the concert after the opening act had started, having no idea where the seats would be. First usher encountered says something like, "Damn good seats!" - 2nd Row, front and center!!

Other good Prop experiences:

I was 3rd Row, stage right, directly in front of the Edge for ZooTV Outside Broadcast.

On Pop Mart, the field level went GA for the first time, and so I opted for "Golden Circle" tickets thinking we'd be in some special seating close to the stage. Turned out, we were in the lower rows of the Liberty Bowl in Memphis - a disappointment compared to our ZooTV experiences. HOWEVER - our seats were beside those of Emmylou Harris, who had done a collaborative work with someone from the band (Larry? Edge?) So we at least still felt like we were "insiders" sitting in the celebrity section!

On the Elevation tour, we paid for the best reserved seating again, and it was pretty good. Not the spiritual experience of being 10 feet away from the band, but good seats.

Vertigo Atlanta - we finally choose to brave the GA masses, and get scanned into the inner circle. I now know what it's going to feel like when St. Peter says, "You've made it!" and I get a wristband to pass through the pearly gates!!

IMO - General Admission is, and always will be, total shite - it attracts the meathead who is at the show because it's an event, not because they're a fan. They inevitably push their way to the very front, and promptly put their girlfriend on their shoulders for the entire show. The best was Popmart tix through Prop. Row 9 first night, and Row 27 in the seats beside the b-stage - and everyone in those areas were Prop people. That rewarded fans - not some crappy lotto or campout scenario to get in the heart/ellipse.

And tickets in the "Golden Circle" SUCKED on Vertigo and Elevation.

I do. I had scored some great tix from Propganda. I had 4th Row center at MSG in N.Y. during zoo tv tour & I had seats right next to the mini stage on 3/17/92 in Boston, not to mention some great floor seats at Giants & Yankee stadium during the Outside Broadcast Shows.

With Prop, scored 9th row to PopMart Boston, and GA to New Jersey and Providence on Elevation.

On my own, scored front row to Zoo TV Boston by calling Ticketmaster at the right time.

With U2.com, scored GA to Vertigo in Dublin and Anaheim, as well as tix to Tampa for the in-laws.

So I have no real complaints either.

U2 has always treated me very well.

Those are just my Prop tickets; I have been to many other shows. I loved Prop, but they are doing the right thing with U2.com. I have no complaints.

With Prop, scored 9th row to PopMart Boston, and GA to New Jersey and Providence on Elevation.

On my own, scored front row to Zoo TV Boston by calling Ticketmaster at the right time.

With U2.com, scored GA to Vertigo in Dublin and Anaheim, as well as tix to Tampa for the in-laws.

So I have no real complaints either.

THe request forms from Prop were JUST request forms. I remember people complaining about getting "screwed" out of requests. But, the tickets were good when you got them (never really knew WHAT you were going to get, but knew that they would be good IF and when you got them).

I do miss the magazine -but we are in an Internet world now.

The current format with u2.com works. I still pay the prop fee ($32 a year), and they send out a gift similar to what prop sent...and, you know right away where your seats are going to be BEFORE you give your credit card.

No complaints here (I mean, after they fixed the first pre-sale).
After the first screw up with the Vertigo tour, I was pretty pissed.

Back
Top Bottom