Who does music between sets on 360 tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Harry Vest

Refugee
I have to ask you guys (and gals) this question...Does anyone know who is resonsible for the music that is played between sets on this current 360 tour? I have been a "dj" all my life including working in a bar for over 10 years as well as having done a few radio shows and attended the Winnipeg show last night. In all my years of hearing sets of music I have never heard a worse mixture of music in my entire life! I'm not kidding. Not that that's why people are at the show and once U2 come on stage nobody cares what was played in between...BUT, this was actually so bad it was embarrasing. I wonder if it was just some kid helping out at the soundboard?? It simply cannot be a "professional". Oh well, would love to know so I could apply for his job!!!:hmm:

I've actually always wondered who picks the tunes over the PA. Does the band choose what gets played? Is it the crew? Is it the gnome who lives under the Claw?

Band picks the tunes as far as I'm aware. THey did a video or article on u2.com about it a while back... explaining who picked what.

Earnie Shavers said:
But you could totally see that happening at a U2 members house party, right?

:lol: I could, yeah, sadly. They old. Glad they dig hip hop to some extent but nothing kills the mood more (for both parties) than mixing Coldplay and Biggie.

I have to ask you guys (and gals) this question...Does anyone know who is resonsible for the music that is played between sets on this current 360 tour? I have been a "dj" all my life including working in a bar for over 10 years as well as having done a few radio shows and attended the Winnipeg show last night. In all my years of hearing sets of music I have never heard a worse mixture of music in my entire life! I'm not kidding. Not that that's why people are at the show and once U2 come on stage nobody cares what was played in between...BUT, this was actually so bad it was embarrasing. I wonder if it was just some kid helping out at the soundboard?? It simply cannot be a "professional". Oh well, would love to know so I could apply for his job!!!:hmm:

I was at the Winnipeg show and I couldn't believe that music. It was ridiculious!:crack: There was one good song out of all of the ones they played. It made the time standing in the pit drag.

do we have a setlist of this pre-concert music

i thought the one called Into The Heart was pretty decent, but i dont know who sings it

I rember the toronto 1 and 2 show last year (or was it year before) it wast he claw show anyway. I heard deadMua5 and cascade move for me on the PA it was funny cause a couple of us looked at each other and was WTF

Back
Top Bottom