What's the theme of this tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Does anyone know officially if the band has said what the theme will be? So far it's just us fans speculating.

When has the band ever officially said what the theme is?

I know for POPmart they were shooting for a spectacle, saying it had somethig to do with the excesses of rock stars and POP-Art of the 90's (Andy Warhol was involved I think)....I heard somewhere one of the band member's was talking about 360 being a new experiment/spectacle...something like that, but I forgot where I heard it.

I know for POPmart they were shooting for a spectacle, saying it had somethig to do with the excesses of rock stars and POP-Art of the 90's (Andy Warhol was involved I think)....I heard somewhere one of the band member's was talking about 360 being a new experiment/spectacle...something like that, but I forgot where I heard it.

Warhol died in 87.

Warhol was big in the pop art movement so I'm sure he inspired them, but he wasn't involved. Not even the best drugs could make that happen.

Yes, the band will hint at themes during interviews usually after the tour has started, but it's not like there's ever been an official released theme.

What will the new tour focus around? Obama? Resolving Gaza or the Iraq war?
ObaMART?

(Obviously, they'd have to play "The Fly," as a tribute to his flyswatting skills. :sexywink:)

EDIT: If they went with the second idea, I'd expect a lot of songs from their third album.

Back
Top Bottom