Whatever happened to just playing music??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WalkOnTheEdge

The Fly
Unbelievable show last night at Gillette for so many reasons.....the sound was as perfect as any concert I've ever heard, the stage was the most insane thing I've ever seen out of my millions of concerts I've been to, and the set list was near perfect. But there was one HUGE problem....THE POLITICAL BULLSHIT!!!!

My god, what's it gonna take to get Bono to just sing songs for Christ's sake?? When I go to a concert I want music. I don't give a rats ass about Iranian women being oppressed, AIDS in Africa, or any of that other bullshit. A quick mention before something like Sunday Bloody Sunday is one thing, but to spend the whole second half of the show jamming that shit down my throat really pissed me off. Huge downer on the night.

I love this band but that shit was ridiculous. I still can't believe they ruined such a great song like Walk On by bringing all of those fans on stage holding the picture of some Iranian woman over the face. F'n ridiculous.

Unbelievable show last night at Gillette for so many reasons.....the sound was as perfect as any concert I've ever heard, the stage was the most insane thing I've ever seen out of my millions of concerts I've been to, and the set list was near perfect. But there was one HUGE problem....THE POLITICAL BULLSHIT!!!!

My god, what's it gonna take to get Bono to just sing songs for Christ's sake?? When I go to a concert I want music. I don't give a rats ass about Iranian women being oppressed, AIDS in Africa, or any of that other bullshit. A quick mention before something like Sunday Bloody Sunday is one thing, but to spend the whole second half of the show jamming that shit down my throat really pissed me off. Huge downer on the night.

dude, settle down, they are just trying to give you the opportunity to go take a pee or get a beer

I love this band but that shit was ridiculous. I still can't believe they ruined such a great song like Walk On by bringing all of those fans on stage holding the picture of some Iranian woman over the face. F'n ridiculous.

First of all, Walk On is not a great song. And second of all, oh never mind. :lmao:

Just place your hands over your ears and go lalalalala. It would entertain the people around you as well.

Personally I'd love them to use that time to air their grievances with and about each other-but that might be overshare.

Are you sure you're a U2 fan?

I agree. It should really be like the early days when Bono wasn't all political and stuff. Right?

How long have you been listening to U2? I'm guessing you're a new fan?

Hint: don't get into Pearl Jam, The Clash, RATM, or other such bands...

Um... where do I start? Was the song ruined when you first found out it was written about her? So people walking, ruined the song? Or was the song ruined because you found out she wasn't Burmese?:wink:

YOU are the exact reason more bands need to do something, because apparently being uninformed has now become cool.

I'm not sure there has been a U2 show where the band "just played music" since about the Boy Tour.

I don't give a rats ass about Iranian women being oppressed, AIDS in Africa, or any of that other bullshit.

Well, then maybe you'll find ok if we or the band don't give a rat's ass about your opinion.
Do you know what I find ridiculous? I find ridiculous than such an uninformed person as you could think that his opinion is worth to be read, maybe you could start paying attention to the lyrics, so you don't say nonsense, and well, reading newspapers wouldn't be a bad idea either. By the way, Aung Saan Suu Kyi is Burnamese, not Iranian.
Don't worry, if some day you get oppressed under any circumstance, we'll tell the band not to spoil a song talking about you.

No, not new to U2, and no, not my first tour. Well aware of Bono's M.O.

I guess when you see as many concerts as I do then go back to a U2 show for the first time in 4 years it just reminds you how fucking obnoxious it is that they can't just put on a normal concert. Leave that shit out of the show, it's not the time or place for it.

I am confused by your expectations. They've had social and political themes in their shows since before I was born. They've also had four people in the band since before I was born, it's not just "Bono's MO", if the band didn't like it or disagreed, it wouldn't be there.

I guess when you see as many concerts as I do then go back to a U2 show for the first time in 4 years it just reminds you how fucking obnoxious it is that they can't just put on a normal concert. Leave that shit out of the show, it's not the time or place for it.
while four years is a long time, you do realise this is actually far, far less obnoxious than vertigo, right?

If you haven't figured it out by now: NEWS FLASH :::: this IS normal for a U2 concert. It's not their fault you forgot what happened 4 years ago.

Not saying you don't have a right to your opinion, though. I understand that there will always be a few people who fume over this.

When I go to a concert I want music. I don't give a rats ass about Iranian women being oppressed, AIDS in Africa, or any of that other bullshit. A quick mention before something like Sunday Bloody Sunday is one thing, but to spend the whole second half of the show jamming that shit down my throat really pissed me off. Huge downer on the night.

1. Bono and U2 clearly don't give a rat's ass about your opinion so either go, shut the hell up and listen, or don't go at all.

2. You're an ignorant fool. People like you are exactly why U2 feels the need to raise awareness of issues. You don't even know what they are case in point your comment about Walk On.

3. U2's music isn't and has never been "just music" so you shouldn't expect them to "just sing" the songs.

Leave that shit out of the show, it's not the time or place for it.

When is the time? Who, where, when are you going to learn the difference between Iran and Burma? Or are we just going to celebrate ignorance?

Why shouldn't people want to make a difference in the world?

I don't feel like watching over the top plotless bullshit, so I don't go to Michael Bay movies.

I don't feel like listening to talentless assholes, so I don't go to Nickelback concerts.

I don't like fake people so that rules out the majority of reality TV.

If you don't like that some people are trying to make a difference then don't go to a U2 show.

1. Bono and U2 clearly don't give a rat's ass about your opinion so either go, shut the hell up and listen, or don't go at all.

2. You're an ignorant fool. People like you are exactly why U2 feels the need to raise awareness of issues. You don't even know what they are case in point your comment about Walk On.

3. U2's music isn't and has never been "just music" so you shouldn't expect them to "just sing" the songs.

Are you serious? Just getting back from being suspended?

No one else in this thread personally attacked the poster like that for his opinion. He's entitled to it. There are plenty of ways to express yours as well without name calling.

Are you serious? Just getting back from being suspended?

No one else in this thread personally attacked the poster like that for his opinion. He's entitled to it. There are plenty of ways to express yours as well without name calling.

Ignoring the personal attacks, gvox does make a good point :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom