What will they call the plane?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maybe they'll go back to touring in a van with Paul driving the band, Willie Williams, Joe what's-his-face (sound guy) around. And 120 trucks following behind them with the stage.

meh

U2 awarded the contract to Air Canada again. They will be flying on the AC Airbus A320 potentially for both the Euro AND North American tour.

Although they only travel with about 20-30 people, the plane holds 68.

It is a perfect fit for Air Canada, knowing these planes usually fly NHL and NBA teams around (the tour will be on during the offseason).

More about the planes: Air Canada Jetz.

airplane.gif

Do you think the members of U2 are allowed to bring liquids and gels onto the plane in sizes larger than 8 oz?

A320s are beautiful planes.

I used to think that, but I've flown them too many times now--mostly Northworst, but a lot of United, too.

I still haven't been on an A330 (or 340 for that matter).
767s are my current favorites (United and Continental). Love the 2-2-2, 2-3-2 and 2-4-2 seating.

Mark (a little bit of a plane dork)

I wonder if my near-neighbor will be one of the stewardesses again :drool:

:sexywink:

They are called flight attendants. :sexywink:

Do you think the members of U2 are allowed to bring liquids and gels onto the plane in sizes larger than 8 oz?

They indeed have different rules. And it is 3.4 ounces...in a baggy. :)

:hmm:

Do they have to take off their shoes before boarding?
:hmm:

They will have to be screened. It is just a different type of screening.

I used to think that, but I've flown them too many times now--mostly Northworst, but a lot of United, too.

767s are my current favorites (United and Continental). Love the 2-2-2, 2-3-2 and 2-4-2 seating.

Mark...they (the band) almost were flying a Northwest (soon to be Delta) Airbus A319.

I get to fly an A330 tomorrow.

The 767 SUCKS with 2-3-2 seating. Sitting in the middle seat for a seven hour flight is torture.

And if you think you are a "plane dork" - I am posting this from a MD-88 right now - taking advantage of Delta's inflight WiFi service.

A330s are nice, but I prefer 767s (I'm generally more of a Boeing person than an Airbus person). My personal favorite is the next-generation 737 series (they're especially a joy to fly in flight sim), and I can't wait for 787s to be out in full force.

Mark...they (the band) almost were flying a Northwest (soon to be Delta) Airbus A319.

I get to fly an A330 tomorrow.

The 767 SUCKS with 2-3-2 seating. Sitting in the middle seat for a seven hour flight is torture.

And if you think you are a "plane dork" - I am posting this from a MD-88 right now - taking advantage of Delta's inflight WiFi service.

:angry: Plane dork envy.

But, :bow: on the inflight WiFi.

I'll take the middle of the 2-3-2 any day over the middle of 2-5-2 of a 777 or DC-10. Northworst F-ed up our flights once (of many), and I got stuck from AMS to MSP in the middle of the DC-10's 5. That was about the worst flight I've ever taken.

Mark

A330s are nice, but I prefer 767s (I'm generally more of a Boeing person than an Airbus person). My personal favorite is the next-generation 737 series (they're especially a joy to fly in flight sim), and I can't wait for 787s to be out in full force.

I haven't gotten to fly in one yet, but I saw and heard an A380 when it stopped by MSP for a Northworst tour. I was STUNNED how quiet they are. It took off over my head, and you could barely hear the thing. Amazing.

The 787 should be great, too. Boeing had their civilian e-mail surveys that I took part in for the design of it. Air New Zealand is getting them, so I should get to fly on one before too long. Since Delta took over Northwest, I have no idea what the 787s' status is for them.

Mark---BTW my all time favorite flight was in a deHavilland Beaver seaplane.

Back
Top Bottom