What was the loudest tour??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I still think Popmart was the loudest and clearest. I remember people in Salt Lake City who said they were down at the temple (some 3+ miles away) that said they were "listening" to the show from there! It was loud!!!

The loudest ones for me were:

The Unforgettable Fire tour at Reunion Arena in Dallas

Zoo TV - Outdoor Broadcast @ TX Stadium

Elevation Third Leg also at Reunion Arena

As far as other bands I've seen - Duran Duran's 25th Anniversary Reunion Tour in '03. I was close to the speakers at that one and I'm suprised I can still hear.

Aren't The Who in the Guiness Book of World's Records as the loudest live band ever?

The loudest ones for me were:

The Unforgettable Fire tour at Reunion Arena in Dallas

Zoo TV - Outdoor Broadcast @ TX Stadium

Elevation Third Leg also at Reunion Arena

As far as other bands I've seen - Duran Duran's 25th Anniversary Reunion Tour in '03. I was close to the speakers at that one and I'm suprised I can still hear.

Aren't The Who in the Guiness Book of World's Records as the loudest live band ever?

Not here, but I have heard from alot of people I talk to in person that UF was very loud.

I keep meaning to see Duran Duran, should before they go away for good.

Yes, The Who have the official record for the loudest show, though they have stopped keeping such records.

I would venture to say the bands mentioned here(dinosaur, bloody valentine) probably play a bit louder than the Who.

Somoeone said, "death by audio" lol I'd do it, just to see Zootv!

I honestly can't say which concert was the loudest. None were unpleasantly loud. Gotta be able to sing REALLY loud, and not bug the guy next to you so louder is always good.

i'll think that my loudest shows were Popmart and Vertigo

Bootlegs are what they are, obviously, but listening to them and talking to people who were there, Popmart seems like it was consistenly pretty damn loud.

Same for Vertigo, especially the 5th leg.

I stood across the street from my city's stadium during a Popmart night and it almost blew me away it was so loud.

Back
Top Bottom