What happened to the guyliner & "Jesse"?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoocoustic

War Child
...Elvis' dead brother?

I thought Bono was working on a new character (or so he said).

No sign of this character or the guyliner during the tour to date, right?

I like the space theme...but it seems to me this tour could really benefit from a good character or two.

this is where Jesse ended up.

307_jesse.jpg

Bono seems to enter some sort of quasi-defined-character-mode for Ultraviolet and WOWY... could be what's left of Jesse.

I thought it was interesting when Bono performed Boots at the Grammys with eyeliner and dance moves copied directly from The Fly.

This tour was good, great in places...it just lacked something. The notion of Jesse and the eyeliner were early ideas that just got tossed as I think Bono and co. realized how stupid it was.

I liked what was leftovers of the "could be" Jesse with the Ultraviolet performances. But if you ask me honestly, I would say Bono was trying to channel Brandon Flowers a touch too much, and the band sensed it...

It will be truly interesting to see the changes to the set, and show, clothes etc. when 360 resumes.

hahahaha, that is funny... between his creeper/gumshoes and the eyeliner it wasn't pretty.

Bono wears them cowboy boots when not on stage often these days, pity he likes those gumshoes.

hahahaha, that is funny... between his creeper/gumshoes and the eyeliner it wasn't pretty.

Bono wears them cowboy boots when not on stage often these days, pity he likes those gumshoes.

:madwife: HATE the creepers.

Note to short men: How to look even shorter; attach 50 lb ugly ass stumpy shoes to feet and do not hem your jackets. This is a style FAIL.

/Stacy London rant.

ETA: I still love you Bono...but not your style.

:madwife: HATE the creepers.

Note to short men: How to look even shorter; attach 50 lb ugly ass stumpy shoes to feet and do not hem your jackets. This is a style FAIL.

/Stacy London rant.

ETA: I still love you Bono...but not your style.

Same here! Nothing wrong with the short guys, nothing at all. Barefoot Bono, is still taller than me!

:wave:

Don't know about the Jesse thing, but regarding the guyliner, it's obvious why.

They realized that he was far too old to do a Brandon Flowers. He looked like an idiot.

Back
Top Bottom