What 360 leg was the best one?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Half the problem has been the crowds in some cities. Beautiful Day and Pride both had astounding non-reactions compared to the gig I saw in 06.

Makes somewhat sense, however, I completely disagree on the pacing thing. 2009 was WAY better than 2010. Granted Breathe was not a great opener, it was average. But Stingray into Beautiful Day or flat out Beautiful Day opening was just autrocious. Start the show with a thud like I said before.

I guess I saw different shows in 2009 over the other veterans, was not my impression at all. NLOTH rocked, and hearing The Unf. Fire was as great as anything else they have done this tour. :shrug:

Well, I agree 100% that TUF and NLOTH were absolutely awesome.

Again, that's not my complaint about 2009.

Beautiful Day was not a good opener, but I'm not going to write the rest of the awesome songs in 2010/11 off because of that. Also, it got the crowd going better than Breathe did and we all know U2 feeds off the energy of the crowd.

In that sense, it was kind of what they needed at the time. Of course, EBTTRT is much, much better and I'm now glad they're using that to open.

Current leg is the only one I would say that has the quality setlist, pacing and energy to be ranked amongst their very best.

im going to have to agree with this. Im lucking enough to have seen great shows in St Louis and Nashville this month, and both have left me wishing this tour would never end. I realize it has to end though, the band and the crew need to get back to their homes and families, and try a normal life out for a while before they hopefully do it all over again. As sad as i am to see this come to a close, at the same time im happy to see it go out with such a bang. 2009 was great but this is on a whole different level, probably because Bono feels better and also im sure it has something to do with the barrage of Achtung Baby, Zooropa, and Hold Me Thrill Me...., these songs make sense with this stage.

July 2nd in Nashville is seared into my mind as one of the best shows i have ever seen, amazing and nothing short of magic.

Back
Top Bottom