We'll email u2.com subscribers info "in advance."

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
From U2's last official US ticket announcement here, we get the following:

"If you're a U2.com subscriber presales will take place next week and we'll be emailing you the details in advance."

So here are questions...

1. Do you yet receive these updates as a subscriber?

2. Does Principal Management top brass know that paying customers still don't get the services for which they've paid (specifically email updates about U2's upcoming tour or a working U2.com email account)?

My answers are no and probably not, respectively.

reference url here:
U2.com > News > Final Shows Announced

All of the presale emails were sent out to the subscribers the evening before the presales.

If you haven't received all of the other presale emails you definately have a problem getting all emails from u2.com, not just the presale ones.

Waaaa?

All of the presale emails were sent out to the subscribers the evening before the presales.

Hmmm. That's odd. I haven't received the first email. In addition there have been numerous other posts and threads saying others didn't receive theirs.

On what are you basing your answer?:huh:

If you haven't received all of the other presale emails you definately have a problem getting all emails from u2.com, not just the presale ones.

Hmmm. On what do you base that? I've spoken by phone to U2.com staff. They've yet to isolate the problem on THEIR end.

We verified that nothing is blocked on my end.

What about working U2.com email accounts?

On the fact that many many people on this site (including myself) have received all of the presale emails from u2.com while a few people haven't.

Those that haven't (which I guess you are one) are having problems receiving emails from u2.com. I made no assessment on whether or not the problem was yours or theirs.

Just a tip. I wouldn't not rely on my u2.com email address to receive anything important. That being said, I haven't had any problems with my u2.com email address either and receive everything that goes there via pop3 into my outlook.

I assume those numerous posts and threads about not receiving the emails is on u2.com not here. There are people on this forum that are having problems, but they're definitely in the minority.

Last edited:
that's awesome things are working for you.

i guess i'm in a minority with a u2.com email address.... and receiving updates.

if that's as bad as life gets, i can live with it. :huh: it would be nice to have these things as i'd expected them when i joined.

thanks for your response.

Did you update your contact information on u2.com?

Read the first post in this thread
http://www.u2interference.com/forum...eral-discussion-and-info-part-2-a-195754.html

You're not alone really, I know a few others that never get the emails. Just go to the tour page to get all the info, including your presale code.

I never received any of the emails either and I did update my address before the tour announcement. It's the same email address I signed up with in the beginning.

However, I get all my info here so I know what's going on.

Did you update your contact information on u2.com?
You're not alone really, I know a few others that never get the emails. Just go to the tour page to get all the info, including your presale code.

Thank you Sicy and skjuls. Yes. I double-checked my info and confirmed email addy with fanfire when I called them. I submitted trouble issues to U2.com threads requesting them.

Interference.com members and mods are the ones who've kept me in the loop.
:wave:

Same here, I received all the pre-sale emails to my yahoo mail. And if I receall correctly, U2.com said right from the start that they wouldn't be sending any of the pre-sale emails to our u2 email accounts.

I've also received all the emails.

I don't use my u2.com email, that would mean relying on a server I have no knowledge of. Gmail is world renowned for reliability, so I have my mails sent there. Always get my updates.

Having said all that. I'm going to go way out on a limb here and suggest that the infinite majority of people who post on Interference are not relying on updates from U2 as to when the presales start...they're doing the homework themselves ;)

I recieved only the first emails. But then I noticed they changed the text to emailing only those subscribers who haven't already used their presale codes. Apparently they don't think those who have already used their presale codes have any interest in general onsale dates :(

From U2's last official US ticket announcement here, we get the following:

"If you're a U2.com subscriber presales will take place next week and we'll be emailing you the details in advance."

So here are questions...

1. Do you yet receive these updates as a subscriber?

2. Does Principal Management top brass know that paying customers still don't get the services for which they've paid (specifically email updates about U2's upcoming tour or a working U2.com email account)?

My answers are no and probably not, respectively.

reference url here:
U2.com > News > Final Shows Announced

NO! neither my fiancee or i get the emails. he has NEVER GOT A SINGLE ONE. :shocked: i got like 2 or 3 at the beginning and then it stopped.

he called fanfuck and complained. they did nothing. :down:

and yes, principle should know there's a problem... if they read their email. i'm sure he's not the only one who's done this, but my fiancee sent a heated email to PM stating all the various reasons Signatures Network and Fanfire are incompetent!!!!! also stating some other fan clubs and organizations who operate MUCH better, as an idea of who SHOULD be used to run U2.com. two examples were Death Cab for Cutie and The Killers, both of which we're members of, and are a dream for fans. run soooo smoothly it's incredible. NIN as well. he told them he's willing to put up with some things for U2, but just because they ARE U2 doesn't mean he should have to pay $50 for absolutley nothing in the way of service!!!

I never received any of the emails either and I did update my address before the tour announcement. It's the same email address I signed up with in the beginning.

However, I get all my info here so I know what's going on.

Me too. I guess I'm in the minority :sigh:

Though I do get messages to my aol account (the one I signed up with) if someone adds me as a friend on their forum or sends me a PM. I'm guessing the two systems (u2.com, their forum) are unrelated. :shrug:

I get all the emails too with my Yahoo email and Jason gets his with his aol email. His u2.com email works, but my still doesn't. They don't send them there anyway. With my Yahoo I made sure I changed the spam guard settings to delete after 1 week instead of delete immediatly, but they never went there anyway

Back
Top Bottom