Was the UK tour dissapointing? it was according to the News of the world....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KUEFC09U2

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
THE daddy of festivals celebrates its 40th anniversary this year - so Glasto will have a more impressive line-up than ever.

U2 headline on Friday night - their first ever visit to Michael Eavis's Somerset festival.

And what better way for them to get back on track after last year's disappointing tour than a greatest hits set to 200,000 fans?
.......................................................................................................................................

I thought it got pretty positive reviews and broke some attendance records?

Whoever wrote that is probably just pissed they didn't play {insert dude's favorite U2 song here}.

about the same amount of credibility, at least.

Please do not talk about "credibility" anymore responding to my postings, refrain from doing so. Someone like you who calls my postings "wank" has not deserved any kind of credibility. Excuse or leave me in peace.:down:

ahhh....for old times sake. i apologize in advance:

[LoveTownTourist]I agree with ZOOTVTOURist.[/LoveTownTourist]

I miss that guy.

Also, I think Bono worded it best when it comes to this

With the News of the world and the Sun, sun, here it comes..

Oh my God, it's the News Of the World, the most credible newspaper ever! If it's in there, then of course it must be true.

:|

Greatest Hits? I think they saw a different tour.

Stop drinking, buddy, and try again next time.

The News of The World has the same credibility as The Sun - i.e. none.

Same paper and the same stupid reporters! I read this and laughed cos they are a bunch of fuc#ing halfwits. Originally the Sun reviewed the album and said it was a corker BUT cos it didn't make that big an impact on the idiots that buy music in this country, it didn't even make the Sun top 50 albums of last year. Fuc#wits!:lol:

Best tour since Popmart and guess what, they called that disapointing as well!

Originally the Sun reviewed the album and said it was a corker BUT cos it didn't make that big an impact on the idiots that buy music in this country, it didn't even make the Sun top 50 albums of last year. Fuc#wits!:lol:

Had it been recorded by the karaoke singers on The Crap Factor or Britains Got Idiots and then sold by the bucketful to people with the musical intellect of a lettuce then perhaps it would have been deemed a huge success.

As for the tour being disappointing, I don't recall many people looking miserable on exit from the venue and pretty sure it got good reviews at the time.

I've not heard any fans complain about the tour. Talking to total strangers around me, I hear nothing but comments about how GOOD the new songs are (even if some of them aren't that familiar with NLOTH) and how great the tour is. Plus, U2 played just enough "big hits" to keep the casual fans interested. My sister saw her first ever U2 show last summer. She adored WOWY and felt that the "remix" version of "Crazy" was one of the highlights. So if this was a bad tour, tell that to the 100,000 people that sold out the Rose Bowl. It appeared that despite these "reviews" people still wanted to see it and - gasp - enjoyed it. How dare they?

Music critics are the most useless people on the planet. Music is so subjective that even when I agree with them, I'm annoyed I spent time reading the article. These days, I refuse to read any music journalist. They are biased, arrogant, poorly informed and often downright idiotic. They serve no purpose. I purposely do NOT buy things because of some music journalists. Hear that magazines and newspapers? I'm not buying because of your music journalists. If I were you, I'd fire then all and put in another comic strip or two in their place. I might enjoy the paper/magazine more.

this is the same paper who made this front page:

news-of-the-world-max-moseley.jpg

i don't like Mosley and never have, but it explains exactly why this paper shouldn't even be discussed.

Back
Top Bottom