VIP Packages + (RED) Zone Auctions - All Discussion HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Citicard Events have the VIP tickets as their "presale" right now $520-$533 depending on which venue.

The presale code is the 1st 6 digits of your Citi credit card.

Mark

When do the auctions start for the NA dates?

Maybe there won't be an auction for NA dates. Maybe they are just being sold as VIP packages. Might make sense for them to do some as a straight purchase in larger cities where they know they won't have any problems getting the big bucks for them (I see Boston is the highest so far at $555) and then do auctions in smaller places, like Norman, OK which is basically a college town, etc. Guess we'll have to wait and see. I wouldn't mind doing VIP for a second Boston show.

VIP tickets purchased: I got 2 for Toronto, 113C row 7. Came out to $936 in US dollars. :crack:
I've gotten the VIP Tickets from LiveNation from another famous artist (not too loved around here, lol!) and we had THE BEST TIME. Just get there early and enjoy all the drinks, food and I think you get a free collectible. For VERTIGO, there was a leather tour logo embossed stationary set. I couldn't win one of those items on Ebay without paying almost $300.
That price is about average for those packages. The preshow party is usually tour themed which is fun.

Maybe there won't be an auction for NA dates. Maybe they are just being sold as VIP packages. Might make sense for them to do some as a straight purchase in larger cities where they know they won't have any problems getting the big bucks for them (I see Boston is the highest so far at $555) and then do auctions in smaller places, like Norman, OK which is basically a college town, etc. Guess we'll have to wait and see. I wouldn't mind doing VIP for a second Boston show.

No, there are already auction dates times listed, they start tomorrow. Opening bid of $115, which isn't bad at all!

Thanks. If it goes for somewhere around there I wouldn't mind at all, what with GA's coming well over $80 with fees, and all the time saved.

So on the auctions, do you know during the auction where the bidding is, so you can raise your bid if needed? How does it work?

Now I'm thinking that it actually could be just as bad, do they have huge fees after the auction is over??

I've gotten the VIP Tickets from LiveNation from another famous artist (not too loved around here, lol!) and we had THE BEST TIME. Just get there early and enjoy all the drinks, food and I think you get a free collectible. For VERTIGO, there was a leather tour logo embossed stationary set. I couldn't win one of those items on Ebay without paying almost $300.
That price is about average for those packages. The preshow party is usually tour themed which is fun.

Thanks! You just made me even more excited :hyper: I can't imagine I'd have a bad time. Tour themed eh? King crab legs for all :lol:

Thanks! You just made me even more excited :hyper: I can't imagine I'd have a bad time. Tour themed eh? King crab legs for all :lol:
I understand there is also a drawing for two to win a backstage tour, too! That's cool. I did a LiveNation VIP package for Madonna at Wembley in London and it was a little more formal than the one I got in Oakland, CA. - yes, there was a seafood station :) In Oakland it was buffet style and I almost forgot about the concert, lol.
For U2, I'm seeing them in Paris but no VIP (which, if you check out PACK VIP their setups are really cush). Instead, I'll be on Ebay looking for the extra tour VIP gifts fans put for sale :up:

So, anyone know from past experience.... if I bid on red zone, but for some reason cant make it to Chicago (in case I end up pregnant and for some reason cannot travel), can you sell the Red Zone tickets?
I want to bid, but we arent 100% sure we are going to Chicago and wont know til we get closer to the date.

So, anyone know from past experience.... if I bid on red zone, but for some reason cant make it to Chicago (in case I end up pregnant and for some reason cannot travel), can you sell the Red Zone tickets?
I want to bid, but we arent 100% sure we are going to Chicago and wont know til we get closer to the date.

Doubtful - Red Zone tix can be picked up at Will Call on the evening of the show only.

Finishing UK/Ireland Red Zone auction prices:

Dublin- 120 and 155 euro
London- 145 GBP
Glasgow, Sheffield, Cardiff- 95 GBP

Quick answer, NO. The redzone auction here in Scotland is virtually tout proof as ID and credit card that purchased tickets must be produced at venue on the day of the concert. Silly idea if they were bought as a gift or for someone else.

Your ticket(s) will be available at the venue's box office collection window. You will need to present the credit card you used to purchase these tickets and the purchaser's valid photo ID to redeem your tickets. (Note: A valid ID must be duly issued by a government agency and include a photo and a signature. Examples of a valid ID include a driver's license, an identification card, or a passport.)

I hope the Red Zone doesn't go super high for Gillette, the backstage is over $500. I just want the seats.

Are there any [(RED)' zone auctions that "foreigner" can participate in. It rather goes against the U2 spirit of inclusiveness that I cannot bid on Wembley or Berlin (the only 2 I've tried) because I don't live in Britain or Germany. It would certainly help raise more money for {{RED}] causes if we could bid. Fair enough if we had our own concert but I'm having to pay a fortune to go to Croatia as there is nothing in Switzerland this time round.:angry: And to think when I moved here from Cyprus last year I thought oh well at least U2 play in Switzerland!

Are there any [(RED)' zone auctions that "foreigner" can participate in. It rather goes against the U2 spirit of inclusiveness that I cannot bid on Wembley or Berlin (the only 2 I've tried) because I don't live in Britain or Germany!

I think the fact that charitable donations are involved is why the auctions are restricted to residents of the country the show is in. Tax laws and such probably factor in.

The Barcelona Red Zone ticket is already up to 140 euro and the Red Zone experience up to 620 euro. Considering it's only the first day of the auction I'd say Barcelona might end up with one of the highest prices thus far, (or a close second behind London).

I can barely afford this tour for regular tickets.. I cant imagine paying that kind of money for this red zone stuff. :crack:

Wow, the Chicago backstage one is at $905 already :ohmy: I wish they'd say how many of each are available. I bid on two tickets(no tour) and am thinking those are going to get way out of my price range. The tour would be nice but I can't imagine paying that much.

I can barely afford this tour for regular tickets.. I cant imagine paying that kind of money for this red zone stuff. :crack:

The one without backstage is usually cheap, depending on city - about the same as a u2.com membership plus a GA. No membership is needed for these, and far cheaper than the 250 seats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom