VIP Packages + (RED) Zone Auctions - All Discussion HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I'm not going to bid. I'm going with other friends and I don't know if they are bidding, plus I understand there's no way we can re-sell or trade these tickets? Oh well.

Damn. I'm no longer "winning" :sad:

me too, just got the email :sad:
Trying to decide if I want to go higher, probably should, but there's something slightly intimidating about committing to the show, even though I absolutely want to go, because it's a considerable drive away from me. And plus my ears ring for a day even with some protection and across a venue, there you'd either hear nothing lol, as some people have claimed, or you'd get blown away...I'm rationalizing now, I realize. :sigh:

I wonder while walking by the band waving and led to the red zone seat. You’re handed your gift bag with your inner circle wrist band. I bet you would get that perk paying that kind of cash.

I have to agree leave the charity to the stuff to benefit concerts. There is other creative ways they could have done they could sell a special cd with a few extra songs at the souvenir venues or better yet put the concert on i-tunes or whatever blackberry offers after the show and let that go for red campaign.

Just my opinion

For the cities getting two shows, the auction prices will be lower on the second show IMO . The excess ticket demand is being reflected in the bids going up quickly at the moment. If it were me bidding, I would wait for the following show to be announced (unless the second show will be on a weekend).

I wonder while walking the band waving and led to the red zone seat. You’re handed your gift bag with your inner circle wrist band. I bet you would get that perk paying that kind of cash.

I have to agree leave the charity to the stuff to benefit concerts. There is other creative ways they could have done they could sell a special cd with a few extra songs at the souvenir venues or better yet put the concert on i-tunes or whatever blackberry offers after the show and let that go for red campaign.

Just my opinion

Yeah, the idea of stuff on sale to benefit RED is nice...this red zone seems merely a way to get some lazy busy old people (like me, who don't have the time to wait in GA lines all day and sometimes the night before, though I might when I'm a little older yet lol!) to cough it up and still get a good party and viewing spot, instead of it all being first-come first-serve. Maybe it's an experiment for the band, to see if they can get cashed codgers to party and interact with them proper-like? Cheers all!

For the cities getting two shows, the auction prices will be lower on the second show IMO . The excess ticket demand is being reflected in the bids going up quickly at the moment. If it were me bidding, I would wait for the following show to be announced (unless the second show will be on a weekend).

That makes perfect sense. I wonder how quickly these shows will show as sold out on the general sale dates, sigh...

Maybe it's an experiment for the band, to see if they can get cashed codgers to party and interact with them proper-like? Cheers all!

Live Nation and RIM also have some input into the design - they are footing the financial risk after all. So who knows who originated the idea. I think it's a good idea overall, especially for the older fans and because most shows are being held during the week.

i think the red zone is more of an invention of necessity than greed- if you look at the stage design, they wouldnt have been able to put the regular GA folks in that area on either side of the ramps- people would get crushed along there as there would be no where to relieve a bunch of people pushing forward - so they needed to block off the sides with barriers, and instead of creating another GC area, they went with the red zone-
i have no problem with it, there is still plenty of room for the GA areas, and now they have a way to fill up the sides. it is not a crime to make money- or to spend it.

It's going to be interesting to see what the standard Red Zone tickets end up going for. The bids for Chicago don't seem to be skyrocketing thus far. But with some people willings pay hundreds above face for premium seats, I have a suspicion that bids won't remain that tame for long. I could be wrong . . . I remember that Brisbane was offering Ellipse tickets for the Vertigo tour. I had no trouble getting a couple at a relatively tame price for my wife -- I think mostly since fans didn't know what to make of them (or didn't know of them).

This is my first post, although I have been a lurker for a long time.

I am SO excited because this is the very first auction I have seen where one can bid on a single ticket. I usually attend concerts solo but have never been able to bid on auctions in the past because the tickets have always been in pairs. I just bid for one ticket for Chicago at the going rate of $135, and the bid was accepted and is winning.

Thanks so much for the bidding advice I have read over the past several pages, and I promise to keep the bidding low too so hopefully it will stay that way. I'm just so glad I have this option for a single ticket in addition to trying on Monday morning.

Yeah, the idea of stuff on sale to benefit RED is nice...this red zone seems merely a way to get some lazy busy old people (like me, who don't have the time to wait in GA lines all day and sometimes the night before, though I might when I'm a little older yet lol!) to cough it up and still get a good party and viewing spot, instead of it all being first-come first-serve. Maybe it's an experiment for the band, to see if they can get cashed codgers to party and interact with them proper-like? Cheers all!

I won red zone tickets for the first Wembley show and from scanning various websites as well as here it looks like there willl be many many U2 fans in the zone, not just rich people who just fancy going to a show. I think its going to be a great party zone!!

I got my 3 redzone tickets for £100 each [Glasgow] and for me it is tremendous value for money as £150 seated tickets in the stands about 100 metres away doesn't make sense.

If you have the chance grab one.

Have the auctions for the RED Zones for the 2nd-plus nights been staggered with the general sale dates? Or have they ended when the 1st night auctions ended?

I'm curious for Chicago's 2nd night.

Mark

Have the auctions for the RED Zones for the 2nd-plus nights been staggered with the general sale dates? Or have they ended when the 1st night auctions ended?

I think they are now doing 6-7 day auctions, starting around the time of the presale for the particular show. E.g. Wembley 2's auction started this past Wednesday and will end on Tuesday. The general sale started today for it.

Does anyone know if I can bid for London Red Zone tickets from Germany? I can place a bid but when confirming my postal code is not accepted as in the "country" field "Great Britain" is fixed and I cannot manage to change this. I intended to go to Berlin but now it has turned out that I can't go and the only possible date for me to see U2 is London, August 15th but as this turned out only this afternoon I think I will not get any good tix from Ticketmaster, so I would like to participate in the Red Zone bidding. Is this really NOT possible for me? :sad: :sad:

Does anyone know if I can bid for London Red Zone tickets from Germany? I can place a bid but when confirming my postal code is not accepted as in the "country" field "Great Britain" is fixed and I cannot manage to change this. I intended to go to Berlin but now it has turned out that I can't go and the only possible date for me to see U2 is London, August 15th but as this turned out only this afternoon I think I will not get any good tix from Ticketmaster, so I would like to participate in the Red Zone bidding. Is this really NOT possible for me? :sad: :sad:

No, apparently you can only bid Red Zone for the country you live in (or have a credit card/shipping address in), unfortunately. I really wanted to do it myself for Vancouver, but doing a test with Toronto, it turns out I can't. :sad:

I am thinking of jumping into a red zone auction in the usa (maybe boston)
but I have a couple questions: :scratch:

how do you know you are winning? just if your bid is higher than the minimum bid, or do you get to see them all once you place your bid?

also, say if I bid $150, and the minimum winning bid is $135, I pay $150 regardless, right?

you can log in to your ticketmaster account and see if you are winning.

but if you bid $150 and the winning bid is $120 you still $150. so don't go to crazy.

i'm still winning with my £95 bid at wembley. so nobody bid any higher and we will get a bargin.

I hope Gillette stays within reach, the rest of my party probably won't have time for waiting in line for GA to get a good spot.

you can log in to your ticketmaster account and see if you are winning.

but if you bid $150 and the winning bid is $120 you still $150. so don't go to crazy.

i'm still winning with my £95 bid at wembley. so nobody bid any higher and we will get a bargin.

thanks!

No, apparently you can only bid Red Zone for the country you live in (or have a credit card/shipping address in), unfortunately. I really wanted to do it myself for Vancouver, but doing a test with Toronto, it turns out I can't. :sad:

Oh, what a pity! I would travel to London only for the concert and I've got a credit card but as I live in Germany the billing address of course is in Germany, too :sad: :huh: :sad: :huh: :sad: :huh:

Oh, what a pity! I would travel to London only for the concert and I've got a credit card but as I live in Germany the billing address of course is in Germany, too :sad: :huh: :sad: :huh: :sad: :huh:

I am in the UK but managed to bid for Dublin - I put UK in the address field and it worked Mike

how do you know you are winning? just if your bid is higher than the minimum bid, or do you get to see them all once you place your bid?

also, say if I bid $150, and the minimum winning bid is $135, I pay $150 regardless, right?

There is a status on your Bid Status page. If you're green with a big check mark, you're still good to go. You will pay whatever you bid, which is $150.

I am in the UK but managed to bid for Dublin - I put UK in the address field and it worked Mike

Lucky you!!! Are the UK postcodes similar to those of Ireland? The German ones are totally different from the UK postcodes and thus my German postcode is not accepted, whatever I try...

Lucky you!!! Are the UK postcodes similar to those of Ireland? The German ones are totally different from the UK postcodes and thus my German postcode is not accepted, whatever I try...

From the help page on ticketmaster -

Who is eligible to participate in a Ticketmaster Auction?
In order to be eligible to participate in a Ticketmaster Auction, you must have a Ticketmaster Account with a credit card that:

- Has a billing address in the United Kingdom or Ireland
- Passes the Ticketmaster Auction bidding authorisation process

You will not be able to bid from outside the UK/Ireland.

NJ Red Zone Experience is only 200 right now...with three days left, should I go for it? Just see what happens if I bid on one ticket for myself?
What should I bid to be safe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom