Vertigo Tour v 360 Tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like ALL the tours!! :Switzerland: :D Sure, every tour has their pros and cons, but I'm seriously thrilled every time I get to see them live.

Btw, Diemen is a mod, so it might not be the greatest idea to piss him off! :wink:

Btw, Diemen is a mod, so it might not be the greatest idea to piss him off! :wink:

Yes, it is not my intention to do so. And I guess @Diemen is that adult to know this, too. And @Thora – where are the pros and cons to 360 and Vertigo for you, if I may ask?

And why, if I may ask?

I actually answered that already. Simply comes down to set list choices. I like NLOTH better than HTDAAB, but, overall, I liked the song choices better for Vertigo.

Joshua Tree and Zoo TV remain my favorite tours of theirs, in that order. Everything after that, while great, represent a drop-off for me.

it's just that your childish back and forth over the last 4 pages isn't funny

you didn´t get the point of it....

As for the tours, I prefer the more intimate setting of the arena Vertigo shows, but I think U2's playing at a higher level overall on this current tour. I'll have to wait until I see the show from GA to give a more complete opinion - I've only seen it from the seats so far

What is then "The Higher Level" now that it missed on earlier tours...please explain in detail!!!!:hmm:

Yes, it is not my intention to do so. And I guess @Diemen is that adult to know this, too. And @Thora – where are the pros and cons to 360 and Vertigo for you, if I may ask?

Fine, I'll bite.

I have yet to see 360, but I know I'll love it. It's going to be one of the highlights of the year for me, I'm sure.

Pros? It's a fucking U2 concert! Seeing my favourite band play my favourite songs rocks! It's a treat for me to see them live, and I'm not one to bitch about the setlist or the stage setup or whatever. I'm happy with whatever they choose to play, and they always have cool looking sets. If other people have opinions about the setlist being good or bad, that's cool with me. I just happen to be okay with whatever they decide to play that night.

Cons? Well, the only cons I've ever experienced were assholes sitting near me who dumped beer on me, or were blowing cigarette smoke into my face. Those distracted me from the music, and dampened my mood a little bit, but I got over it pretty quickly.

Sorry if this makes me seem all fangirly and dumb, but I love live music (especially U2), and it's extremely hard for me to find cons in the concerts I've been to. :shrug:

Ok Mikal you have seen 5 U2 Tours...well you have been born on 16.10.80 well on Love Town Tour your were 9 years old obviously to young and on ZooTV you were 12 obviously to young too, on Popmart you were 17 obsiously to young again too, at least on Elevation you were 20 but that means that this is now you 3rd tour.....Elevation, Vertigo and now 360....were are your other 2 Tours you have seen???????:hmm:

Or you wanna tell us that you as a little boy dumping still in trouseres walked to Rock Show on your own or did Mama or Papa took you by the hand....:lol::lol::lol:

it looks like Diemen already addressed this, so nothing really to add, other than that at the age of 12, i already had knowledge of their back catalog, and considered myself an avid fan of the band. i guess you were probably taller than me though, so maybe you had a better view.

Fine, I'll bite.

I have yet to see 360, but I know I'll love it. It's going to be one of the highlights of the year for me, I'm sure.

Pros? It's a fucking U2 concert! Seeing my favourite band play my favourite songs rocks! It's a treat for me to see them live, and I'm not one to bitch about the setlist or the stage setup or whatever. I'm happy with whatever they choose to play, and they always have cool looking sets.

Cons? Well, the only cons I've ever experienced were assholes sitting near me who dumped beer on me, or were blowing cigarette smoke into my face. Those distracted me from the music, and dampened my mood a little bit, but I got over it pretty quickly.

Sorry if this makes me seem all fangirly and dumb, but I love live music, and it's extremely hard for me to find cons in the concerts I've been to. :shrug:

All the best for the show and thanx for sharing this – because sharing of opinions is what it's all about here.:wave:

@mikal – your answers, please? And really: You are 28 years old and claim to have attended 5 tours (360-Vertigo-Elevation-Popmart-ZOO TV). Sorry, but there is a Bob Dylan tune, that says it all: "I don't believe you" ...

and once again, i really don't feel the need to explain myself. i'm comfortable with my opinion. i thought 360 was a better show than Vertigo. and the fact that you don't believe me about going to 5 different tours....well, honestly, i don't know what to tell you. i guess that's your choice.

you didn´t get the point of it....

And apparently you don't get the point of my requests. Check your private messages.

What is then "The Higher Level" now that it missed on earlier tours...please explain in detail!!!!:hmm:

I owe you no detailed explanation. I just think that U2 is playing better on this tour compared to last tour.

and once again, i really don't feel the need to explain myself. i'm comfortable with my opinion. i thought 360 was a better show than Vertigo. and the fact that you don't believe me about going to 5 different tours....well, honestly, i don't know what to tell you. i guess that's your choice.
Hey, no problem at all. It is just a simple question: Why anybody does prefer 360 or Vertigo? Which perspectives do we have? Which experiences? But we do not have to go more into detail, if you do not want to share ...

Just so you know, my first U2 concert occurred when I was 16.

I was 14 and I went alone with my friend. Joshua Tree 1987. Dad dropped us off in the morning and picked us up after the show. I had to beg like crazy to be able to go by myself.

Also, I have no problem closing this thread and removing some users if it continues in this ridiculous fashion.

@ Mikal

Allright but please share with us wich LoveTown and ZooTV Show you have been to.....:wave:

i didn't go to LoveTown. ZooTV was the first tour i attended. on principal alone, i object to tell you which show i went to. no one should ever have to prove they saw a U2 show. you and zootvtourist are acting younger than i was when i saw my first show.

I like ALL the tours!! :Switzerland: :D Sure, every tour has their pros and cons, but I'm seriously thrilled every time I get to see them live.

By the way, I really hope U2 will come to Switzerland next year on 360. On Vertigo they did not do. Would like to travel to this beautiful country again ...

We are interested in where is the problem to ask people wich shows they have seen.....

Your behavoir Diemen has a slightly sence of a Concentration Camp Inspector, a forum is their to share opinions and for disscussion and if people have no arguments to determine their arguments they shouldn´t search help under an admins skirt.

We are interested in where is the problem to ask people wich shows they have seen.....

Your behavoir Diemen has a slightly sence of a Concentration Camp Inspector, a forum is their to share opinions and for disscussion and if people have no arguments to determine their arguments they shouldn´t search help under an admins skirt.

bye.gif

i didn't go to LoveTown. ZooTV was the first tour i attended. on principal alone, i object to tell you which show i went to. no one should ever have to prove they saw a U2 show. you and zootvtourist are acting younger than i was when i saw my first show.

Do not know, why you attack me now. It is okay for me, that you do not want to support your judgement pro 360 – but please stop then throwing me in a basket with other posters here. Please return to the topic ...

Nobody asked for my help.

I personally think your behavior is the one that is unacceptable. Arguing with a moderator, insulting other members and insulting a moderator. Clear cut reasons to be removed from the forum.

Time to move on to another topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom