U2's secret show on March 6 is at Fordham University

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They should play in Central or Bryant park, I don't see what the problem would be in that.

It really doesn't make sense on why they would limit a secret gig to promote an album to only students of an university

Yes, it really does. They've said recently they want to attract a younger crowd and this makes a lot of sense. They're tired of us "old farts" (the ones with the money) - just kidding

Let them have their chance. :shrug:

No use getting upset over it. The band is going to be all over NYC this week.

And NYC will probably be one of the cities that gets the most shows in the fall, so there will be plenty of opportunities then, too. I completely understand getting excited then feeling disappointed, and I understand being extremely devoted to a band you love. Trust me, the things I've done for live music and bands I love in the last year alone have been insane. But you have to draw the line sometimes.

The band has been so generous with their fans, and it makes the get-in-at-all-costs mentality that some people have seem sort of greedy. I'm not targeting anybody specific, but sometimes I see a sense of entitlement among some U2 fans that disappoints me. I'm sure there's not a single person here who doesn't want to meet Bono, or see a really little promo show, or whatever, but those are the kinds of things that are best left up to good luck and chance, and if it doesn't happen, you feel disappointed for a little while, then you get on with things :shrug:

And NYC will probably be one of the cities that gets the most shows in the fall, so there will be plenty of opportunities then, too. I completely understand getting excited then feeling disappointed, and I understand being extremely devoted to a band you love. Trust me, the things I've done for live music and bands I love in the last year alone have been insane. But you have to draw the line sometimes.

The band has been so generous with their fans, and it makes the get-in-at-all-costs mentality that some people have seem sort of greedy. I'm not targeting anybody specific, but sometimes I see a sense of entitlement among some U2 fans that disappoints me. I'm sure there's not a single person here who doesn't want to meet Bono, or see a really little promo show, or whatever, but those are the kinds of things that are best left up to good luck and chance, and if it doesn't happen, you feel disappointed for a little while, then you get on with things :shrug:

You make good points. I don't think there's anybody here seriously mad at U2 for whatever they choose.

But

I'm pissed at GMA. They announced a show and did not make a disclaimer it is a private show. All other GMA shows are completely open to the public. Always have been. So I bought a ticket to NY from California. So, what am I gonna do, not try to get in? Just fly to NY, sit in the airport for 48 hours and then fly home? Had ABC said it was a private show, I would have never bothered.

You booked a cross-country trip for a 15 minute show?

yes I did. And I refuse to believe they will play for only 15 minutes. They may only show 15 on TV, but they will play for at least 30.

If you read the comments on the GMA story, there people coming from much farther away, like the Czeck Republic.

yes I did. And I refuse to believe they will play for only 15 minutes. They may only show 15 on TV, but they will play for at least 30.

If you read the comments on the GMA story, there people coming from much farther away, like the Czeck Republic.

Holy crap, really? :lol: No judgement, I promise. But that's insane!

Apparently the economy is not hitting some of us. :der:

That's one way to think about it, but here's mine. This will most likely be the last chance in the next six or seven years -- as well as Boston and Chicago promo gigs (which I'm not going to) -- to see U2 in anything other than a stadium. Think about it, if you want to be close up, you will have to wait until the NEXT tour. The GMA gig will be no more than 8,000 people, I'm assuming. For U2, that's pretty damn small.

It's a made for tv event, just like the Lincoln Memorial show, which I attended. Some other people from here were in the front row (for the general public), but couldn't see the band due to the setup. I think they're limiting it only to prevent a mob scene in midtown or wherever GMA has other shows.

It's a made for tv event, just like the Lincoln Memorial show, which I attended. Some other people from here were in the front row (for the general public), but couldn't see the band due to the setup. I think they're limiting it only to prevent a mob scene in midtown or wherever GMA has other shows.

I think you're right

craigslist seems to have some fordham ids for sale, as long as the buyer looks like the pic.

I'm pissed at GMA. They announced a show and did not make a disclaimer it is a private show. All other GMA shows are completely open to the public. Always have been. So I bought a ticket to NY from California. So, what am I gonna do, not try to get in? Just fly to NY, sit in the airport for 48 hours and then fly home? Had ABC said it was a private show, I would have never bothered.

You booked a cross-country trip for a 15 minute show?

Holy moly. :ohmy:

That's one way to think about it, but here's mine. This will most likely be the last chance in the next six or seven years -- as well as Boston and Chicago promo gigs (which I'm not going to) -- to see U2 in anything other than a stadium. Think about it, if you want to be close up, you will have to wait until the NEXT tour. The GMA gig will be no more than 8,000 people, I'm assuming. For U2, that's pretty damn small.

That really doesn't justify it, but I guess I have different priorities than some fanlunatics.

This sounds oh so nice and sing songy and zen.Very adult like. All I have to say is "Remember Beatlemania?":love:

So selling IDs on CL is preparing students for leadership in a global society...nice

"Guided by its Catholic and Jesuit traditions, Fordham fosters the intellectual, moral and religious development of its students and prepares them for leadership in a global society."​

Back
Top Bottom