U2's secret show on March 6 is at Fordham University

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I keep going crazy with these things. Living in NYC for the past 8 years and still can't seem to catch a break with all these U2 related things even after much effort to do so...

I really hope stand up Letterman works out or some other miracle. Yes, I've seen them in concert, but just stinks to be here, have a lot of free time to make it, and still can't get in.

If they were in LA, I'd be fine. But them just keep doing it in NYC and killing me slowly...

It's not their fault, it's just hilarious on some many levels.

I wish everyone luck and I guess I'll just hang out next week wherever they might be in NYC.

get this... I've all but confirmed that the GMA concert IS the Fordham concert!

get this... I've all but confirmed that the GMA concert IS the Fordham concert!

Why does the article say this then?

Don't go canceling your Friday plans, though: a Sound Check source reports that it's a Fordham-only show, and says it'll require a university ID (a Fordham ID in your name, that is) to get anywhere near campus that day.

How could GMA have anyone be an audience member then? Why would they bother on GMA's website to say anything about how you could be a part of the audience if it wasn't going to be open to anyone other than students. That just doesn't make sense but whatever.

Why does the article say this then?

Don't go canceling your Friday plans, though: a Sound Check source reports that it's a Fordham-only show, and says it'll require a university ID (a Fordham ID in your name, that is) to get anywhere near campus that day.

How could GMA have anyone be an audience member then? Why would they bother on GMA's website to say anything about how you could be a part of the audience if it wasn't going to be open to anyone other than students. That just doesn't make sense but whatever.

No idea, but my sources are the highest PIOs at both GMA and the university.

thats soooooo lame
why dont they go to Hofstra?!
why fordham>
i know someone who goes there....idk if i coul get away with using someone elses ID or not it seems like security is going to be tight

Ok... people with Fordham experience.....
is the campus fenced off?
where is the best place for a concert for 1,000 people?

Hmmm...this may potentially throw a kink in my travel plans....

Yea, is this fucker fenced off or not?

google maps shows lots of fencing and a handful of gates..... blocked by cops? if it's a good morning america thing, it should be open to the public, not just students and faculty

I just want to know if they are really limiting this to students there it seems soo weird they would do that :huh:

Sadly guys, Rose Hill's campus is closed off and the open areas where U2 could perform aren't really near any of the gates. There's security at every entrance so you can't sneak it. I wouldn't recommend trying either. Some guy who was acting crazy got past security at some point last year. Security shut the entire place down as soon as he got in and called the NYPD, who tasered and shot him with rubber bullets.

So yeah, security is pretty tight. lol

Sadly guys, Rose Hill's campus is closed off and the open areas where U2 could perform aren't really near any of the gates. There's security at every entrance so you can't sneak it. I wouldn't recommend trying either. Some guy who was acting crazy got past security at some point last year. Security shut the entire place down as soon as he got in and called the NYPD, who tasered and shot him with rubber bullets.

very not good... so question: to go to class, students have to show an id just to get into the entry? every day? even if there is no special event?

Yeah that's never stopped me before :sexywink:

Hi everyone,

I'm a student at Fordham and publisher of the music site, Consequence of Sound, so I should be able to answer any questions you have.

The concert will indeed at the Rose Hill campus in the Bronx. The campus is closed and unless you have a student ID, you won't get on campus. This is the policy everyday. The band will be playing on the steps of Keating Hall, which overlocks a big grassy area:

Fordham University Rose Hill Campus

My article on the performance can be found here:

U2 playing a secret show…at Fordham University!

U2 to play "secret" gig at Fordham Univ. in NYC next week

If my Dad went here for college, can I still somehow attend? :wink:

U2 plays 'secret' gig March 6 at Fordham - Eric R. Danton | Sound Check

U2 plays 'secret' gig March 6 at Fordham
By Eric R. Danton on February 27, 2009 12:02 PM

It was all very hush-hush, except that these things always leak: U2, in New York March 2-6 for a week-long stand on "The Late Show with David Letterman," caps its stint in the Big Apple with a "secret" performance Friday, March 6, at Fordham University.

Professors have reportedly been told by the administration to cancel morning classes "for security reasons." The band is expected to play at Fordham after appearing on "Good Morning America."

U2's new album, "No Line on the Horizon," comes out Tuesday.

--------------

(Hadn't seen this posted elsewhere, apologies if it's a duplicate, please merge if so!)

Hi everyone,

I'm a student at Fordham and publisher of the music site, Consequence of Sound, so I should be able to answer any questions you have.

The concert will indeed at the Rose Hill campus in the Bronx. The campus is closed and unless you have a student ID, you won't get on campus. This is the policy everyday. The band will be playing on the steps of Keating Hall, which overlocks a big grassy area:

Fordham University Rose Hill Campus

My article on the performance can be found here:

U2 playing a secret show…at Fordham University!

ok so this is seperate from a GMA performance???

I go to Rutgers but have a friend at Fordham...gonna see if he can find me and my friend some ID's to borrow

this has got to be separate concerts and not one in the same. As others have said how are they gonna get a good sized audience if it were. And as said, why would GMA advertise it as it being something that you could be a part of.. :huh: so confusing..

Back
Top Bottom