U2's Gear back at Hanover Quay

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for the information! It's not hard to figure out the implications of this. :hyper:

interesting. not sure if this means that they're recording in Dublin now. did the Vancouver sessions even take place? we had two sources within the band tell us that they were going to record in Vancouver.

Something is definately happening, why would they haul so much back here if they where not going to record?

Something is definately happening, why would they haul so much back here if they where not going to record?

Because its there home. For example, when you take things on holiday, your going to bring everything back home, and dublin is home for the boys.

Because its there home. For example, when you take things on holiday, your going to bring everything back home, and dublin is home for the boys.

But its stuff they will need for the tour, so what would be the point bringing it all the way back to europe, just to have it shipped back off again in a couple of months? it points to something happening with regards to recording.

interesting. not sure if this means that they're recording in Dublin now. did the Vancouver sessions even take place? we had two sources within the band tell us that they were going to record in Vancouver.

Heard nothing here.

Thought it was odd they would move band gear to NYC for that RRHOF show then cart everything back to Vancouver for studio work.

The only benefit for Vancouver is one nice studio downtown, some privacy and tax dodge status.

The only benefit for Vancouver is one nice studio downtown, some privacy and tax dodge status.

I would think with the upcoming Olympics and preparations leading up to it, there might be less privacy than usual.
I agree- I don't think they'll record there.

A band as big as U2 might do a few things:

- I am sure they have a US storage space set up for some gear, as they won't need to take the entire rig back to Ireland.

- BUT, I am sure Edge, Larry, Adam all want the essential gear as I am sure they will rehearse after the new year in Ireland, and/or record. Edge will want his dedicated amps, etc. set up, etc.

If I were U2 I would advise them to set up shop in Ireland and write, re-work tunes for a release. OR, fly straight to Toronto and get with Danny or have Danny come to Ireland. They need to do more in Ireland, less in France.

But its stuff they will need for the tour, so what would be the point bringing it all the way back to europe, just to have it shipped back off again in a couple of months? it points to something happening with regards to recording.

Where would you keep the gear until June, when the next concert is to take place?

i think it all depends on what gear they were bringing into Hanover Quay. i would doubt all 3 Claws fit in there, so i would assume it would be musical equipment. whether that means they're recording there or not, your guess is as good as mine.

I saw the roadies putting some of the cases into the trucks outside of Madison Square Garden before the R&RHOF show and they were labeled U2 Berlin and U2 Dublin.

i think it all depends on what gear they were bringing into Hanover Quay. i would doubt all 3 Claws fit in there, so i would assume it would be musical equipment. whether that means they're recording there or not, your guess is as good as mine.

The Claws are definitely not at Hanover Quay :)

It was only musical gear, drum set, amps stack, etc

Most of the Claw materials to build the stage are in Mexico City. I was told by one of the truck drivers in Tampa camping out the night before after Vancouver everyone is driving to Mexico City. I guess that the band gear and front of house boards are with the band.

Most of the Claw materials to build the stage are in Mexico City. I was told by one of the truck drivers in Tampa camping out the night before after Vancouver everyone is driving to Mexico City. I guess that the band gear and front of house boards are with the band.

makes sense, since the 2010 tour starts in N.A.

Back
Top Bottom