U2360 brought to you by BLACKBERRY

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zonelistener

ONE love, blood, life
So, how much of a tie-in do you think Blackberry will have with the show? Will you be able to get tickets with a barcode on your blackberry that will scan you in to the ellipse? Will we have live segments of show sent to our blackberrys?

What is in it for Blackberry?

I have an iPhone. :grumpy:

And they are not playing the Bay Area. No appreciation for Sicy. :hug:

Seriously though....when I fly now, I check in for my flight on my BlackBerry. I use it as my boarding pass. It is scanned by TSA, and then scanned as I board. Why not have my tickets on my BlackBerry, and somehow this provides preference for the "upgrade lottery."

If I was a BlackBerry marketing person, I would have worked that into the package.

Why not have my tickets on my BlackBerry, and somehow this provides preference for the "upgrade lottery."

If I was a BlackBerry marketing person, I would have worked that into the package.

:lol:

Can you imagine the outrage if they did that?

And they are not playing the Bay Area. No appreciation for Sicy. :hug:
:lol:

Seriously though....when I fly now, I check in for my flight on my BlackBerry. I use it as my boarding pass. It is scanned by TSA, and then scanned as I board. Why not have my tickets on my BlackBerry, and somehow this provides preference for the "upgrade lottery."

I agree it would be nice for tickets to be sent to your BlackBerry. If that technology is used for concert tickets, I will be more than happy to upgrade to a BlackBerry.

What would happen to those of us who have a personal and a work Blackberry? Do we get to sit on Larry's drum kit?

What would happen to those of us who have a personal and a work Blackberry? Do we get to sit on Larry's drum kit?

:hmm:

Sprint has informed me that I can get a new phone every year because I am some sort of "preferred" customer (ha, that scares me). I just might have to get a personal BlackBerry to add to my work BlackBerry JUST to become the pillow that sits inside Larry's kit.

That and I can have two games of Brick Breaker going at the same time.

Heaven?

two simultaneous games of brick breaker :drool:

What's your high score (A.K.A. - are you a bigger loser than me)?

Wait a minute, how did you become a preferred customer with Sprint? I have been with them since they started their mobile business. :angry:

NO idea. Seriously. All of a sudden, they started sending crap. Maybe because I am a sucker for "preferred customer" stuff?

AT&T has a program too, because I got a mailer asking me to switch.

Didn't know where to post this or if it was already posted. But here goes anyways...

RIM goes on a U2-related domain-buying spree | U2 news article from @U2

RIM goes on a U2-related domain-buying spree

The Blackberry maker has bought more than 100 domains in the past week.

@U2, March 15, 2009

Matt McGee

RIM -- aka Research In Motion, the company that makes the Blackberry -- has purchased more than 100 domains in the past week related to its new partnership with U2. All of the domains are listed with the following as the domain owner:

Evergreen Concepts LLC, Live Nation UTours (USA), Inc., Research In Motion
Domain Administrator
180 Columbia St. West
Waterloo, On N2L3L3
CA

Waterloo, Ontario, is RIM's home town.

So, what about the domains? I'll put the list below. I think, for the most part, this is a case of CYA -- cover your ass. RIM is registering a lot of domains to make sure that no one else can buy them. Most of the domains refer to "blackberry" and "U2", but have additional clues that might ... might ... tell us more about the "shared vision" that Paul McGuinness mentioned in the tour announcement:

"This tour announcement marks the first stage of a relationship and shared vision between RIM and U2 that we expect will lead to new and innovative ways to enhance the mobile music experience on the BlackBerry platform for U2 fans. We look forward to sharing more details as the relationship unfolds."

There are references in the new domains to concert tickets, concert dates, VIP seats, and "u2blackberry," among others.

Here are the 107 domains that RIM has purchased in the past week:

blackberryu2.com
blackberryu2tickets.com
u2blackberry.com
u2blackberrytickets.com
u2rim.com
u2rimtickets.com
aboutblackberryu2.com
aboutblackberryu2tickets.com
aboutblackberryu2tix.com
aboutu2blackberry.com
aboutu2blackberrytickets.com
aboutu2blackberrytix.com
blackberryu2concert.com
blackberryu2concertdates.com
blackberryu2concertlisting.com
blackberryu2direct.com
blackberryu2forsale.com
blackberryu2listings.com
blackberryu2live.com
blackberryu2online.com
blackberryu2rock.com
blackberryu2seats.com
blackberryu2tix.com
blackberryu2tour.com
blackberryu2tourdates.com
blackberryu2tourschedule.com
blackberryu2vipseats.com
buyblackberryu2direct.com
buyblackberryu2online.com
buyblackberryu2tickets.com
buyblackberryu2ticketscheap.com
buyblackberryu2ticketsonline.com
buyblackberryu2tix.com
buyblackberryu2tixonline.com
buyu2blackberrydirect.com
buyu2blackberryonline.com
buyu2blackberrytickets.com
buyu2blackberryticketscheap.com
buyu2blackberryticketsonline.com
buyu2blackberrytix.com
buyu2blackberrytixonline.com
cheapblackberryu2tickets.com
cheapblackberryu2tix.com
cheapu2blackberrytickets.com
cheapu2blackberrytix.com
findblackberryu2tickets.com
findblackberryu2tourdates.com
findblackberryu2tourschedule.com
findu2blackberrytickets.com
findu2blackberrytourdates.com
findu2blackberrytourschedule.com
freeblackberryu2tickets.com
freeblackberryu2tix.com
freeu2blackberrytickets.com
freeu2blackberrytix.com
infoblackberryu2online.com
infou2blackberryonline.com
lookupblackberryu2.com
lookupblackberryu2info.com
lookupblackberryu2online.com
lookupblackberryu2tickets.com
lookupblackberryu2tourdates.com
lookupblackberryu2tourschedule.com
lookupu2blackberry.com
lookupu2blackberryinfo.com
lookupu2blackberryonline.com
lookupu2blackberrytickets.com
lookupu2blackberrytourdates.com
lookupu2blackberrytourschedule.com
myblackberryu2.com
myblackberryu2online.com
myu2blackberry.com
myu2blackberryonline.com
onlineblackberryu2.com
onlineu2blackberry.com
searchblackberryu2tickets.com
searchblackberryu2tourdates.com
searchblackberryu2tourschedule.com
searchu2blackberrytickets.com
searchu2blackberrytourdates.com
searchu2blackberrytourschedule.com
shopforblackberryu2.com
shopforblackberryu2online.com
shopforblackberryu2tickets.com
shopforblackberryu2tix.com
shopforu2blackberry.com
shopforu2blackberryonline.com
shopforu2blackberrytickets.com
shopforu2blackberrytix.com
u2blackberryconcert.com
u2blackberryconcertdates.com
u2blackberryconcertlisting.com
u2blackberrydirect.com
u2blackberryforsale.com
u2blackberrylistings.com
u2blackberrylive.com
u2blackberryonline.com
u2blackberryrock.com
u2blackberryseats.com
u2blackberrytix.com
u2blackberrytour.com
u2blackberrytourdates.com
u2blackberrytourschedule.com
u2blackberryvipseats.com
vipblackberryu2.com
vipu2blackberry.com
wwwblackberryu2.com
wwwu2blackberry.com

These RIM folks should have insisted on a Waterloo show, surely there is some wheat field out there that the GA lunatics could line up at a week in advance?

These RIM folks should have insisted on a Waterloo show, surely there is some wheat field out there that the GA lunatics could line up at a week in advance?

{ominous whisper} If you book it, they will come .... and camp out in your field!{/whisper}

The Columbia Sports Field at UW. :hyper: Just a 5 minute walk from the RIM buildings. Edge can invent their latest technology, McGuiness can take their money, Bono can meet with them and prattle on about whatever he's prattling on about these days, and they can still have plenty of time to get over there for a show. Besides, it's Canada, it's not like the collegiate athletes need the field for anything!

I don't think we'll ever know the full extent to which either U2 or Blackberry benefits from this partnership, but I bet the people who are crying "sell out" would be the first to complain if ticket prices were a lot higher. While I've disliked a lot of U2's business moves over the last few years, I think this could be one that actually benefits fans, because it's most likely one of the biggest things helping to keep ticket prices down.

"Sell out" means nothing in this day and age. And it's not like U2 have been some kind of small, indie little band up until now.

Back
Top Bottom