U2360 brought to you by BLACKBERRY

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It looks like they'll be releasing some sort of app which includes seeing where other fans with blackberrys are in the stadium? At least that's the impression that I got when I saw the teaser on the website.

I just got a Blackberry and I love it. As headache said awhile back, many great features and great battery life too.

Oh and my Vertigo ticket doesn't list any sponsors.

I am wondering if this will likely be a tie in with their new Blackberry 'Tour' phone that is being released on 7/12.

Has anyone here herd of money laundering?

Bono makes money selling albums.

Bono invests said money in Elevation partners.

Elevation partners pumps said money into RIM (of which they are a partial owner.)

RIM reports said money as substantial liquidity filling its coffers.

RIM stock price goes up.

RIM announces sponsorship of 360 tour.

RIM pumps said money, plus interest, plus gain in market into 360 tour.

Money n+1 is back in Bono's pocket.

They might as well have said 360 tour sponsored by Ali.

that would be great and all, except elevation partners have a 25% stake in Palm, not RIM :wink:

I'm not gonna lie...I just saw that Blackberry commerical, and I pretty much went insane...great commercial! :)

Weird that this promotion didn't line up with the initial push for the album and the ticket sales. It's a cool commercial and could have helped in similar ways that the iPod Vertigo commercials helped.

Guess the Blackberry people weren't ready to go? Kinda shoddy synergy...

Weird that this promotion didn't line up with the initial push for the album and the ticket sales. It's a cool commercial and could have helped in similar ways that the iPod Vertigo commercials helped.

I think they need more promotion for the US tour than they do Europe since they've traditionally done stadiums in Europe and arenas in US. Thus, the timing of this seems perfect, particularly with the new Blackberry "Tour" being released July 12. I cannot imagine for a minute that this is not going to tie together and ultimately be a bigger and ultimately better ad campaign than the U2 iPod one. The potential is virtually limitless. It will no doubt put U2 on center stage of the world music entertainment map over the summer and drive up demand for NLOTH, the new album, and U2 concert tix.

Also, I think Crazy is the song from NLOTH with the broadest appeal and one of the most "traditional" sounding U2 songs (with the vintage guitar sound, Bono's yelps, etc.).

The lyric "Every generation gets a chance to change the world" - a perfect beginning to the commercial - will no doubt appeal to younger fans (tree hugging left leaning types...not that there's anything wrong with that) who may have grown up hearing U2 (e.g., because their parents played them incessantly) but never adopted them as a fave of their own.

Obviously, it is very difficult to deny the marketing genius of U2.

Like Steve Jobs said before, "We're ready to launch, but the FCC is holding us back".

Likely the new BB phone is held back by FCC Part 15 comliance or ICES-003 compliance, or even CISPR, C-Tick, MIC tests.

(I know too much)

I heard IGCIIDGCT on the radio today and afterward the DJ said "there is U2 with the song that's promoting the new Blackberry!"

So - has anyone figured out how this new phone is going to play into the show?

Seems like Bono was making a big deal about BB allowing them to do things that Apple couldn't do. And what about that "mobile album"? Exclusive songs?

Back
Top Bottom