U2 Tour Logo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It looks like the spike in the middle (of the logo at least) has gotten longer. Does this mean that it will basically penetrate the top of Larry's skull?

Old version:

581020_1232342.jpg

New Version:

U2360-Tourlogo-white.gif

I hate the damn default Illustrator gradient they used. I hate the shapes in general. I prefer something a little more stylized and simple like this:

u2360.jpg

Got rid of the busy crap. Pushed the 360 in to fill out the gap and feel solid. Then use the simple "degrees" symbol to stand out a bit by itself and convey the "round" idea.

The old version looks like a spider/claw/bug which kinda freaks some people out.

The new version looks like a Rolls Royce hood car ornament. High class and perhaps street cred(15 years ago it was common for people to steal them and wear them as "bling")

I hate the damn default Illustrator gradient they used. I hate the shapes in general. I prefer something a little more stylized and simple like this:

u2360.jpg

Got rid of the busy crap. Pushed the 360 in to fill out the gap and feel solid. Then use the simple "degrees" symbol to stand out a bit by itself and convey the "round" idea.

That's excellent - really elegant. This to be the tour logo, how can we make them change it (again)?

I really, really don't like the gradient black and white on this new logo. It'd be much better with a flat colour. Right now it looks like a dude made it using a Microsoft Word text filter.

That's excellent - really elegant. This to be the tour logo, how can we make them change it (again)?

Thank you, and because I'm bored at work:

u2360i.jpg
incorporated into the old "Wire" tag style that folks used to wear at shows and

u2360a.jpg
the equal sign incorporated into it. Not a big fan of this but, as I said, I was bored.

I think of this every time I think of the claw:

lunarlander.jpg

They should have called it the Aquarius Tour, with the world's economy being Odyssey.

Thank you, and because I'm bored at work:

u2360i.jpg
incorporated into the old "Wire" tag style that folks used to wear at shows and

u2360a.jpg
the equal sign incorporated into it. Not a big fan of this but, as I said, I was bored.

See, this stuff of yours is great. At the very least, it's attractive to the eyes - nice, solid colour and consistent shaping. The official logo is just all over the place, it's horrific.

This isn't to say that I'm disappointed with what I know of the tour so far, not at all (other than the lack of Australian dates). I'll critique graphic design naturally.

Holy shit. Was there someone that bat shit crazy to go out and get a tat of the concert logo before the shows start, or is this a joke?

It's not a joke...someone did get that tattoo...and if you weren't certain whether or not that was true, maybe you shouldn't say something so insulting.

It's not a joke...someone did get that tattoo...and if you weren't certain whether or not that was true, maybe you shouldn't say something so insulting.

My apologies. It sure seemed like a joke to me.

Even knowing now, it is still really hard for me to get my head around the idea of permanently marking yourself with something even before the event happens. This is MY OPINION, and I believe I am entitled to it.

What do you mean insulting? It's quite the stupid thing to do.

I don't understand why people have to be so mean to each other here. I just don't understand all of the nastiness. Honestly, I don't. Why is it so hard to be nice to people?

How do you think that person would feel if she were to come to this thread and read these things being said about her? She isn't just some username on a screen, she is a real person with feelings, just like the rest of us, and I wish more people at this site would take a second to remember that before posting certain things.

You are massively over-reacting. Nobody is being super mean or nasty. I'm sure she's a lovely person, but getting a tour logo tattoo the second it comes out is not a smart thing to do. That is all.

Excuse me for wanting to show people a little respect.

Oh, and if you think I'm overreacting...well, my feelings about this and other things have not been triggered solely by a couple replies in this thread. It goes way beyond that. I am getting extremely tired of seeing so many mean, snotty, snarky (and whatever else you want to call them) posts all over Interference. I don't know why it's gotten so hard for people to treat others nicely.

I don't get what you're saying. Nobody is being mean. They just don't think it was a good idea. Should everyone be congratulated and given a cookie for every decision regardless of it's merit?

You don't have to falsely praise anyone...but if you have a negative comment about another member here, you could simply choose to not share it.

I'm not going to keep arguing with you here though. I'm obviously not going to change your mind, you obviously aren't going to change my mind, and it's just derailing the discussion, so there really isn't a reason to continue. :shrug: If you feel the need to respond to me, you can do so via PM. Like I said though, I don't know if there is really much else to say.

Now, let's please just get this thread back on topic. :)

Maybe this has been mentioned, but anyone notice that the new logo is a lot like a peace symbol?

Back
Top Bottom