U2 Tour 2009: All stadiums in US?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I personally don't really care whether they play arenas or stadiums, I will buy some tickets and see several shows no matter what. I only saw one stadium show and that was Honolulu last tour and it was OK...I mean what could go wrong with an open air concert in Hawaii, right?!! I do think I prever for more "intimate" setting of an arena setting tho if it were all up to me. It's not tho, and rather than debate or speculate the issue to death I'll just be happy with whatever the band and their promotional folks decide to do! Bring it on!!! The sooner, the better!

I want to see them play in stadiums in the U.S... then again, though, they probably wouldn't come to Austin. We have Royal Memorial Stadium at U.T., but it holds 85,000, so it might be too large, especially for a city of 700,000, for U2 to play in. :(

I want to see them play in stadiums in the U.S... then again, though, they probably wouldn't come to Austin. We have Royal Memorial Stadium at U.T., but it holds 85,000, so it might be too large, especially for a city of 700,000, for U2 to play in. :(

Jerry Jones is building that new stadium in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area ready to open in 2009.....:hmm:

Jerry Jones is building that new stadium in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area ready to open in 2009.....:hmm:

I have school to deal with... unless it's on a weekend or in summer, the farthest I can make it is the Alamodome, and that's stretching it.

I love U2's stadium shows...seen at least 6 of them and they have always captured the crowd and made the shows very intimate. Sure some seats are far away, but I remember in 1992 looking back at the seats in the back of the field and seeing fans dancing and prancing around too...so that oughta tell you something about the power of a U2 show in a big stadium...:up:

Last week I would've said no thanks to stadium shows. GA in Hawaii was exhausting (not that I'm complaining). But after seeing Springsteen Sunday night at Giants Stadium I'm thinking some stadium shows would be great in the big market cities. Great sound and summertime atmosphere! :up:

Stadiums in North America?? this is a good thing, because why should the rest of the world have to suffer the stadium ordeal while NA (ie US) gets arenas? I hate stadium shows with a passion and am pissed off that all Australian tours for the foreseeable future will be stadium only. Share and share alike... :wink:

Stadiums in North America?? this is a good thing, because why should the rest of the world have to suffer the stadium ordeal while NA (ie US) gets arenas? I hate stadium shows with a passion and am pissed off that all Australian tours for the foreseeable future will be stadium only. Share and share alike... :wink:

Stop whining and fly up here if you want to see U2 in an arena, don't be so cheap. Promise to get me GAs for some U2 Oz gigs, and I'll get you the same for the San Jose/Oakland, California shows.

:wave::wave::wave:

Well, if you had some sports you played indoors you'd have some halway decent arenas.

Instead y'all ponce around in yer cricket gear and grab each other's butts in something called a 'scrum'.....

:wink:

i agree wholeheartedly! hahaha :D

i effin hate stadiums!

I was reading through U2byU2 yesterday (again), and payed a lot of attention to the (incomplete) section on the Vertigo Tour... all of them (including Mickey-G) seemed to regret not making the third leg be in stadiums.

Stadiums in North America?? this is a good thing, because why should the rest of the world have to suffer the stadium ordeal while NA (ie US) gets arenas?

Why single out US by the way ? Damn Canadians too.........

Hmmm....thought: If U2 play only or mainly stadiums in the US, we're going to get FAR fewer shows than we got with Vertigo. For those who don't travel more than a few states away to see the band, would seeing one stadium show be better than seeing multiple arena shows?

Stop whining and fly up here if you want to see U2 in an arena, don't be so cheap. Promise to get me GAs for some U2 Oz gigs, and I'll get you the same for the San Jose/Oakland, California shows.

:wave::wave::wave:
California???? :ohmy: Then I'd be surrounded by, well, Americans....

You know what would be kickass?

If they did a small, intimate tour at smaller venues to re-connect with their fans, and then embark on the stadium romp. :applaud:

How about U2 performing the setlist that I picked in my room, with me watching them from my computer chair? That would be... amazing... :drool:

Back
Top Bottom