U2 to play secret street gig in London

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was there and recorded video of GOYB, Magnificent and half of Vertigo on my digicam before the batteries gave out (damn it) so as soon as I can figure out how I will get it to you guys. My cam records in HD (though it is primarily a still cam) so the files are huge - need to find a way to reduce them first.

Will be back

Edit: Actually it looks like it is up on U2 torrents, so you will probably get much better quality there, so unless anyone requests I will keep my recording for the memories!

Guys, girls, and everyone. I only have one word. MAGNIFICIENT. Took a ton of pics. Difficult light conditions. The BBC has this on the red button still. I will edit pics, but if anyone has the technical means to convert the bbc footage to DVD or audio (audio as well, need audio!!!!) I would Love that.

Get on your boots a real grower live, magnificient amazing, and two crow pleasers. Her is to chris evans getting them back for BD. What a way for a Friday night!!!

Wow I am watching the video now. I am trying not to get all emotional because my bf is in the room LOL.

:love: :love: :love:

Wow, what a night. Got there about 3pm and walked around for a bit. Stood outside for the arrival of the band at the radio 2 studio. First time i've done this and was amazed that people arrived from nowhere and tried to push you out of the way.

Unfortunately my wife had to stand out the way and missed seeing them as she is pregnant. Tried to get bono's attention so he could say hello to her but i'm sure they ignore all the requests from people as everybody is shouting at them.

Adam got out the car and was filming something.
Still amazed that i stood inches away from these 4 people.

Also, i chatted to a lady and a man who showed us the way to the radio 2 entrance. I would like to thank these people as this is the closest i have got to the band. If your on this site then please say hello. I noticed she was on the bbc coverage as well. Or anybody was at that entrance say hello.

Last edited:
I found out about this on a whim at 6:30pm and got there as quick as I could....in my excitement I forgot whether it was north or south of oxford street and first went north, was so out of it that I turned around and frantically headed south, then when I got down to Carnaby Street saw the helicopter going in the other direction.

All I can say is I must have looked INSANE running up Regent St. in the middle of the street, particularly in the path of an oncoming bus, with my backpack on, as they were playing the first song! I am lucky I didn't get killed.

So worth it though-wasn't planning on that for a Friday night!!!

:love::love::love:

Back
Top Bottom