U2 Secret GIG in Chicago - March 10th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My friend Suzy in Chicago, a huge U2 fan, was the first person to win tickets this morning! Suzy was caller #10 to the radio station. She called me on my cell minutes after winning the tickets to tell me the great news. I just talked to her again a few minutes ago. She still can't believe she won. I'm so happy for her! I know at least one deserving U2 fan will be there.

They're keeping the location super-secret. Even the winners won't know where it is until they get there next Tuesday. Later this week they'll let Suzy know where to go. Once she gets there, all the winners will be taken by bus to the real location. They didn't even tell her what exactly will be happening next Tuesday. Is the band playing a live set or just spinning records? Suzy has been wanting to meet Larry forever, so the chances are good that'll finally happen regardless if whether they play or not.

This post WAS about me! I still cannot believe I was the first person to win on the Mix. I would have thought that I would have had a better chance at winning the lottery.

Tonight, I was looking back on all the old posts re: that night. It's funny how things just happen to work out sometime. I was right up in front at the stage and had a real conversation with Adam thanks to the Airborne Toxic Event.

The only real downside, yes there was one, was NO PHOTOS allowed. Although, not exactly sure, but Adam had his flip camera out. I've never seen if he had any posts anywhere from that night. But what an experience.

Congrats to your friend! That's so awesome that she was the first winner. I heard her screaming on the radio lol. Hope she get's the chance to finally meet Larry :).

Based on the fact that they aren't telling the winners much than it's going to be rather hard to figure out where they will be. Still there is always a chance of a leak getting out :hmm:

YES, that was me screaming into everyone's ears. SORRY. I was just a tad bit excited.

I shook Larry's hand; At one point I did get his attention. But, I didn't get to talk to him, cause most of the interaction time after the "interview" I spent talking to Adam. GREAT EXPERIENCE, GREAT TIME....can't wait for the tour to come back to the States.

^ the tall guy with the very white neck is my husband :lol: and I'm the shorty to his right.

And I am to the right of her. Thanks for posting the photo. At least there is one photographed memory of the night.

Back
Top Bottom