U2 Secret GIG in Chicago - March 10th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The "U2 3 Nights" promo sheet only mentions a DJ set by U2 in Chicago, so there is an inconsistency in the information. Either the station is right and the band is performing, or the promo sheet is right and the band is only spinning tunes.

Tiny, and it smells. I once let some chick listen to Wilco via my cell phone when I was at the Vic, if I recall.

That was the Riviera, unless you make calling chicks from Wilco concerts a habit :tsk:

The bathrooms at the Vic were pretty nasty, too, and the waitress spilled somebody's cup of red wine all over my scarf, so I spent the rest of the trip smelling like someone had thrown up on me, even after I tried to wash it off :angry:

That was the Riviera, unless you make calling chicks from Wilco concerts a habit :tsk:

The bathrooms at the Vic were pretty nasty, too, and the waitress spilled somebody's cup of red wine all over my scarf, so I spent the rest of the trip smelling like someone had thrown up on me, even after I tried to wash it off :angry:

Holy crap that's right. I've been to both, though. :)

I saw an AMAZING Andrew Bird show at Millenium Park late this past summer. The venue is awesome and the sound really wasn't nearly as horrible as I expected it to be. the only problem with doing something as public as that is the security risk and such. And the Riv sound is a little shady. House of Blues would be nice though. It should be interesting to see where they go.

I am SO excited for the Chicago show though! I probably have a term paper due or final that day, but I'm putting U2 as my #1 priority for some bizarre reason. I'll let my professors know though that, if I miraculously get a ticket, I got the once-in-a-lifetime chance to go to a U2 promotion concert. They probably won't understand, oh well! I'm just so excited!!!!!!:hyper:

Hannah

Last edited:
I have a hard time believing a professor will give you an extension on a project because of a concert. I am one, and I'd tell my students that means you need to put it more work between now and then to make sure you get it all done so you can go if you do get tickets. That's what we have to do, too :shrug:

considering they can play about 5 songs only right now, its gonna be a short show unless they spend all week holed up rehearsing, but i sort of doubt that

:hmm: is right

it would mean trading a shift, a blowing off a class, and officially killing off my dear friend mr. visa but....

:hmm:

Girl, the only way I'm even remotely considering this is because

a) I'll be on my school's spring break that week
b) I'd be driving (cheaper than airfare/train)
c) if we win tickets - free tickets :drool:

I'm calling this the "tour on a budget" :lol:

Oh, sorry I didn't clarify. I'm still turning in my work (an amazing political science paper on the American presidency), just not going to the class session. I'm not THAT much of a slacker! This is the worst time ever to have the last few weeks of a semester and all this U2 stuff. Just more motivation to get my work done on a timely basis. I'm just so excited, I couldn't type thoughts into coherrent sentences! :)

I think it's at night, since that series of radio broadcasts is supposed to be either 7-8 or 8-9 CST. Then again, it wouldn't shock me if they wanted to prerecord it, since you never know what Bono is going to say :lol:

It would be cool if they did the radio broadcast, then played another short set.

I figured XRT would have something to do with this...I'm not seeing it on their website though?

So this is all I've been able to dig up so far about this show, from the Cara's Connection section of WTMX

U2 is celebrating the release of their new CD No Line on the Horizon next week by coming to Chicago for an awesome one-of-a-kind experience on Tuesday, March 10. This will not be a huge arena show. U2 will be at a much more intimate location...and that location is being kept top secret. Shirley Manson of Garbage will be the host of this exclusive event. The best part of this amazing U2 experience is that it won't cost you a dime!

I'm giving away a bunch of free U2 tickets next week. Listen to The Mix at 10:20am, 11:20am and 1:20pm. The only way to see U2 at this private event is by winning tickets - there will be none for sale. Good luck!

That's 11:20, 12:20, and 2:20 for those of us in the eastern time zone :wink: The studio phone number is (312) 591-6800

So this is all I've been able to dig up so far about this show, from the Cara's Connection section of WTMX

That's 11:20, 12:20, and 2:20 for those of us in the eastern time zone :wink: The studio phone number is (312) 591-6800

I'm just wondering, if anyone not from the Chicago area winning tickets will have issues getting the actual tickets. Say, you win them and the station wants you to come down and pick them up that day. I can't exactly hop on over from Detroit right after work.

Back
Top Bottom