U2 Santiago Pre-sale/Gen-sale Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
by the way, does anyone know how to register as a foreigner in ticketmaster.cl? (It prompts for a "RUT" which I believe is a Chilean ID number) :huh:

Hey Guys, I figured out how to get a RUT number so you can set up an account on Ticketmaster Chile.

Simply enter the first eight digits of your passport number (don't worry about adding any remaining digits).

Then, add the number 0 as the last digit of your RUT number. If it doesn't work, try number 1. If that doesn't work, try number 2, etc. Keep trying all the way until number 9.

My passport number finally worked with number five.

The link to the presale site now takes you directly to a special U2 360 Tour page that only requests your presale code, so maybe we won't need a RUT number in the end.

However, now there is a new problem...

The page that requests your U2.com presale code only allows for twelve digits. My presale code is thirteen digits. Therefore, I get this message:

"Codigo socio no registrado, reintente" (Unregistered partner code, retry).

Hopefully, this will be resolved when the sale begins in three hours... otherwise, U2.com will be getting bombarded with emails from me telling them to fix it before all the GAs are gone :madwife:

Damn, Ticketmaster Chile is having problems...

It's very slow, you DO need a RUT number, and then, after getting to the final page to complete my order of one GA ticket, I get an error page.

Maybe it can't handle Chrome? Trying now with Firefox....

Hola Fer! I read about what the RUT is online, then just tried different numbers until it worked.

But, Ticketmaster Chile doesn't work. I have two separate orders going in two different windows using two different presale codes, but both of them are stuck on "Buscando tickets disponibles... " for the last 30 minutes.

I can't imagine that there are thousands of fans in Chile with Horizon codes overloading the system right now, but who knows.

I feel sorry for anyone trying to get tickets during the General Sale, buena suerte!

Are you also trying to get tickets, Fer?

yep, trying to get tickets too, but after 20 minutes the session expired and had to go back to the presale link again. :(

It hasn't even displayed the page yet...still waiting....
:huh:

Man, I can't believe it, I got this message:

"Su compra no ha podido ser recepcionada, intente en unos minutos mas... "
("we are unable to process your purchase, try again in a few minutes..."

wtf.....

:doh: Fuck that. Maybe try again in a few HOURS.

This is getting boring, glad I don't have to work today.

I am laughing through my tears.

Maybe we should forget going to Chile and just go to Argentina and Brasil :mad:

hey, I just went to my "Purchase History" section and saw this:

"En proceso, autorización tarjeta credito"
(Credit card approval in progress)

and the ticket I bought seems to be there along with a Reservation Number, Purchase Key, date, etc.

mmm, I wonder if the transaction was succesful :ohmy:

I was able to finally complete a ticket purchase, though I am waiting for an email confirmation. I called my credit card issuer, and they have not yet received a request for authorization.

I had one transaction attempt time out on me. I lost a pre-sale code as a result...

Can someone please try and post a copy of the seating chart in this thread? I don't dare go back into the site for fear of losing my last pre-sale code.

Good news, Fer! Sounds like you succeeded :applaud: I'm still waiting....

Hope it works out for you, djsohl. Regarding your lost presale code, just email Bigwave or Bajagirl over at U2.com,
they should it get it back to you in time for the Santiago 2 presale (can't wait for that!)

Can someone please try and post a copy of the seating chart in this thread? I don't dare go back into the site for fear of losing my last pre-sale code.

Here is one that Pepokiss put up on U2Chile.net:

U2Chile.net | El Portal Oficial de U2 en Chile - MAPA DE UBICACION U2360? TOUR EN SANTIAGO

mapaasientos2.jpg

I may have gotten lucky since I didn't purchase a GA. Purchasing a seat for this show is a bit of a crap shoot as you have no idea where the sections are. I have generally had good luck with U2.com presales, so I am not too worried. Very pleased to actually have a ticket. My only complaint is with the ticket prices. I believe that I paid over $300 for a ticket, and it is not even a lower level seat. I am surprised at how expensive the tickets are for the South American shows. THey are considerably more than what you would pay for in North America or Europe.

Mm, I'm not sure I succeeded, I just called my credit card issuer and they haven't received a request for authorization....

Djsohl, what message did you receive at the end of your purchase? How do you know it succeded?

I was stuck before that step but then I tried from scratch and it worked in another computer way more fast than before (and the other computer is usually much slower!)

Back
Top Bottom