U2 in Toronto (what's this i hear about a secret show today?)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

edgegirl55

Babyface
I was channel surfing and spotted ET Canada saying U2 playing a secret show today in Toronto.... They had just showed up to a red carpet event at a Colin Ferrel film.
Anyone have any ideas what this is about?

I just posted this in the TO tour date thread,

I just saw on CP24 that the band is at the Masonic Temple for a taping of "Spectacle", an Elvis Costello show...

http://ctvmedia.ca/ctv/releases/release.asp?id=11641&yyyy=2009

For anyone who hasn't seen it, the show is usually a mixture of interviews between Costello and the guests, and performances by the bands, often including Costello in some way... sounds like this could be what they were talking about...

Before Bono and Edge performed, Elvis Costello and his band performed covers of Please, Dirty Day,

Sweet! Maybe the boys will remember these songs and play them tonight. They could throw in Alison and really make me a fan :cute:

Costello did a cover of Dirty Day, huh? Maybe that will encourage U2 to play the bloody thing. Or not.

Nice to see Two Shots of Happy in there with Bono as well.

Oh, and you can bet that Stuck in a Moment and Get on Your Boots will be the ones aired on TV. I can already smell it.

(smells like shit)

edit: So... it's an hour-long Costello talk-show, eh? So maybe they will air most of it. Suddenly it doesn't smell that bad anymore.

Back
Top Bottom