U2 Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dec72

Babyface
Hi

This does become 360 related....

Please read my story as it will give you an insight into U2 back in the day!

Whilst reading the U2 live reviews and listening to the wireless last week, I discovered that Absolute Radio were running a Live Stories competition - with the prize, tickets to see U2 at Wembley! So, I submitted a story about when I went to see U2 in 1987.....

Incredibly, I have made it into the final and now need your support! There are 4 stories - only mine is about U2, so it's only right that I should win, isn't it? An entry on behalf of a Coldplay website is romping home, so please go online to http://www.absoluteradio.co.uk/music/live/stories/voting.html?utm_source=left_nav and vote for me!!

Oh, and see if you can everyone else in the world that you know with a PC to also vote...cos that's the only way I will win!!!

Thanks

Declan

Hi Declan :wave: I voted for you, of course you should win, it doesn't even make sense that the current winner is writing about Coldplay for goodness sake. :doh: Hope you win, and I hope all the other Interlanders will help out a fellow U2 fan. It literally takes 2 seconds to vote!

DECLAN, YOU'VE GOT A PROBLEM!! COLPLAYING.COM, THAT BAND'S VERSION OF INTERFERENCE, HAS PUT A CALL FOR EVERYONE THERE TO VOTE FOR THE OTHER GUY. I suggest Interference does the same. MODS!!!!

It wouldn't matter to me if it was U2 or not, your story takes the cake easily. That Coldplay piece sounds like something my 10 year old could write and has little, if any, real passion or intrigue (hmm...is IS about a Coldplay show, after all :lol: )

The other two were just pathetic, I'm sorry.

So on your storytelling alone I voted, trying to keep U2 bias out of the picture (as much as that is possible being a huge fan myself ;))

DECLAN, YOU'VE GOT A PROBLEM!! COLPLAYING.COM, THAT BAND'S VERSION OF INTERFERENCE, HAS PUT A CALL FOR EVERYONE THERE TO VOTE FOR THE OTHER GUY. I suggest Interference does the same. MODS!!!!

The irony in this being that Coldplaying is calling for one of their people to win a ticket to a show put on by the band that this site supports.

it's not fair

mods, DO SOMETHING
put the petition on the main page
let's show those Coldplaying bratz what Interference is all about

Voting is open until 5 pm on friday 7 August according to Absolute's site

:angry:

we have 1+ day

Thanks so much everyone! It's looking like a lost cause, and how sad is it that a U2 story won't win a U2 competition!! If the mods could help I would be ever so grateful, as fans you know how I feel! :wave:

Thanks all! This is great, but I'm way behind - still feel a bit flat that the U2 story won't win...if anyone can help spread the word across all members, maybe that is my only hope? :huh:

I think I'll program together a bot real quickly to keep voting over and over again using different Tor connections, so it will have a different IP each time.

Cool, the guys on here are great :cute:

Unfortunately, there is no chance of me catching up unless the whole of Europe votes for me!!!

Thanks - again real cool, but not much chance!

I will have to post a 2nd hand review when my brother in law goes to the cardiff gig on 22 August​

Voted for ya... it would be kind of ridiculous if a Coldplay fan won a U2 competition, though it would prove that Coldplay fans are really just closet U2 fans :wink:

Back
Top Bottom