U2 can watch U2 at Glastonbury live

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

paulrg

Refugee
Go to Sneaky software lets expats watch BBC iPlayer abroad | Which Offshore and read the article. It explains how a free piece of software downloadable from Expat Shield (supported by semi-annoying advertising pop-ups which appear from time to time when the software is running) which, when activated, changes your IP address to a UK IP address allows you to access the BBC iPLayer service.

So once you have the Expat Shield software and activated it (it can also be easily disconnected by right clicking its icon at the bottom right of your screen when installed) you can go to BBC iPlayer - iPlayer TV Home and choose the BBC channel you wish to watch.

For American friends - U2 Glastonbury coverage is set to start at 4.45pm EST on Friday on BBC 2, switching to BBC 4 at 5.30pm EST, before returning to BBC 2 at 6.00pm EST.

I should point out I am not sure of the legalities of this blah, blah, blah.

Also should point out that when activated your internet connection will run much slower as it is routing through the UK - so don't forget to turn it off when you don't need it!

Enjoy the show!

Help out a poor Mac-owner in Japan... getting up at 6am to watch this!

Tech-savvy interferencers, how do I do this?

:help:

I'll be at the Florence + The Machine concert in NYC while this is happening. I hope there will be multiple youtube.com videos of this.

I think that Justin.tv link that bluelight posted above will be streaming - it says U2, B.B. King in the description (and they weren't headliners last year) so fingers crossed! But just in case, I downloaded Expat Shield two weeks ago so everything will be fine. :up:

Have no fear those who'll be unable to tune in live - I have read of several folk who will be recording the stream and then torrenting it. I guess it'll be all over YouTube as well.

Fixing this shit. This concert is a MUST to follow live :D :wave::applaud::up::hug::drool::hyper::ohmy::D:sexywink::heart:

Edit: Does expat shield work for any of you guys? I cant get it to connect? Do i have to be administrator of my router? In that case this wont work for me because i dont have the password to the router.

Edit again: Got it to work, i installed it first without all the addons it wanted me to install. Reinstalled it with em all and now i can watch BBC live :)

Oh bollocks. I can't download it here at work. What time is U2 supposed to hit the stage? I'll have to do it on my husbands laptop since I have a Mac.

Oh bollocks. I can't download it here at work. What time is U2 supposed to hit the stage? I'll have to do it on my husbands laptop since I have a Mac.

U2 are due on at 22.00 UK time, 5.00 pm US East Coast, or just over 5 and a half hours from now :hyper:

Is the BBC6 RADIO also just for UK and will they be streaming U2's set?

If you've got a browser configured with a UK proxy or the Expat software working correctly then either of these links should allow you to hear 6 Music...

BBC iPlayer - Listen live - BBC 6 Music

HD audio
BBC - 6 Music - HD Sound

Not sure how much of U2 they will broadcast but in the interests of diversity I suspect they won't broadcast the full performance on 6 Music if it's on BBC2/4/HD

Expat Shield is recommmended, I use it and you can watch the various UK streaming "players".

Some recorded Radio 1/2 concerts do get broadcast internationally after the fact. So if you miss the audio chances are it's online for a week afterwards..

You can also listen to Radio 5 Live or Local BBC online stations normally sans the ES until they broadcast a live sports event then they shut you out unless you activate the shield, which normally gives me an IP address somewhere in darkest Nottingham!.

Go to Sneaky software lets expats watch BBC iPlayer abroad | Which Offshore and read the article. It explains how a free piece of software downloadable from Expat Shield (supported by semi-annoying advertising pop-ups which appear from time to time when the software is running) which, when activated, changes your IP address to a UK IP address allows you to access the BBC iPLayer service.

So once you have the Expat Shield software and activated it (it can also be easily disconnected by right clicking its icon at the bottom right of your screen when installed) you can go to BBC iPlayer - iPlayer TV Home and choose the BBC channel you wish to watch.

For American friends - U2 Glastonbury coverage is set to start at 4.45pm EST on Friday on BBC 2, switching to BBC 4 at 5.30pm EST, before returning to BBC 2 at 6.00pm EST.

I should point out I am not sure of the legalities of this blah, blah, blah.

Also should point out that when activated your internet connection will run much slower as it is routing through the UK - so don't forget to turn it off when you don't need it!

Enjoy the show!

Will this work on a MAC? And is this audio or video?

Thanks

When I go to Download Expat Shield, it's Downloading "Hotspot shield" instead. That doesn't work for a UK IP.

Back
Top Bottom