U2 Announces 2010 360 Tour Opening Acts - Lenny Kravitz, Interpol, The Fray and more

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Opening acts

When U2 played Charlottesville, Muse opened for them. They already had their own following and, to be honest, were a concert on their own. They are coming to Cville on OCT 27th. I had already heard of them before they opened, but not Interpol. Checked them out on Youtube, not my thing. Maybe they are better live.

Rob

No offense to Interpol fans, but they're not stadium material. Nor are they really an up-and-coming band, they've gotten about as big as they're going to. Of course then there's Lenny Kravitz...

I wonder how the tour postponement affects the opening acts?

Maybe The Fray won't be available for the make up dates :hyper:

I wonder how the tour postponement affects the opening acts?

Maybe The Fray won't be available for the make up dates :hyper:

I've just been thinking about this, actually. Personally, I hope they replace 'em: Interpol (who were going to be playing at my show) are okay, I guess, but The Fray are...eeeeeeeehhhhhhhh.
Of course, the possibility of new opening acts means it's time for us to do what Interferencers do best: RAMPANT SPECULATION! Considering the fact that U2 likes to pick up-and-coming acts, I'd love to see Vampire Weekend open: they're energetic, fun, and catchy, and would be a perfect choice to get people pumped for the upcoming concert. MGMT would also be pretty fantastic, though that would require someone to talk some sense into 'em...Who turns down an opportunity to open for U2? Honestly. :tsk:

EDIT: Gorillaz opening would be the coolest thing ever; but, of course, this will never happen.

I'm thinking about the positives of the tour postponement...hopefully that means The Fray won't be the opening act in Seattle and Edmonton. That alone almost makes the tour postponement worth it....

Gary Lightbody of Snow Patrol says they'll release another album early next year. I wonder if they would (once again) want to follow U2 to the US or embark on a tour on their own?

Speaking with the Belfast Telegraph yesterday Gary stated that, “Our next album is in the making, we have written some new songs and hope to be in the studio later this year, aiming at early next year for its release.”
Source:Snow Patrol : News : STAGE TIMES FOR WARD PARK

Gary Lightbody of Snow Patrol says they'll release another album early next year. I wonder if they would (once again) want to follow U2 to the US or embark on a tour on their own?

:drool: I saw this before. I guess it depends on the dates of U2's tour and both bands schedule. I will take either them by themselves and/or with U2. :drool:

I know plenty of Snow Patrol fans in NE US/Canada so if any dates there coincide with same time as U2 dates I'll def be going to see both bands. :wink::lol:

I guess time will tell. :wink:

I enjoyed them a lot more than I thought I would, so seeing them again would not be the worst thing ever.

Not going to lie...gearing up for Chicago II, I wasn't particularly excited to see Snow Patrol, but they defied my expectations. While I'd prefer one of my crazy dream openers, a repeat Snow Patrol performance would be quite welcome. :)

^ I moaned and literally pitched a fit when I heard they were opening for U2 at both Boston shows. After the first night I dragged my friends to Gillette early so we could see them on night 2. :reject:

I know what you mean...I was not too familar with them prior to the concert. All I could think of was "Chasing Cars." I saw them the first night and was surprised by how many songs I actually knew as well as how much energy they put into the set... (Perhaps Mr. Cow Man helped elevate the mood of the crowd too.:wink::D I am hoping he makes the trip north to Montreal next year.)

:hyper: DOes that mean they'll tour again? I couldn't get tickets for their gig last week, so I'm hoping they'll return soon so I can see them live!

:hyper: DOes that mean they'll tour again? I couldn't get tickets for their gig last week, so I'm hoping they'll return soon so I can see them live!

I'd imagine so. :hyper::hyper::hyper::love: If the album comes out in time, they will hopefully tour before summer, do festivals over summer and then tour again after festivals. :drool:

Shame you can't come to Glasgow with me this Saturday. :(

ETA: Re: Katiesheb's post. The cowman was hilarious. :lmao: The Boston crowd was awesome both nights though so not sure it was all down to him. :wink:

That would be really soon! Awesome!:D

:reject: Glasgow's a wee bit too far for me. I mean I like SP a lot, but not enough to travel to Glasgow for!

That would be really soon! Awesome!:D

:reject: Glasgow's a wee bit too far for me. I mean I like SP a lot, but not enough to travel to Glasgow for!

Very soon. I hope.:drool:

:lol: Your flight time is probably less than my train journey but it is a different country and over an Ocean so very good point. ;) Sign up to their mailing list on their website so you don't miss their concerts next time around. :)

Just posted on U2gigs

Aviv Geffen to open for U2 in Athens

It has been announced today that Israeli music star Aviv Geffen will be a support act for U2 at their concert in Athens on 3 September 2010. He joins an opening line-up that already includes Snow Patrol.

Funnily enough, Aviv's website boasts in his biography that he "comfortably outsells Madonna, Coldplay and U2 in his home country". He is, however, better known in the English-speaking world for his work in Blackfield, a band he formed with Porcupine Tree founder Steven Wilson.

From U2.com

Jay Z to join U2 as very special guest in Australia and New Zealand

Live Nation Global Touring and Michael Coppel have today confirmed that JAY Z will join U2 as the very special guest for dates in New Zealand and Australia. The U2 360° Tour will visit Auckland, Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, and Perth.

With hits such as 99 Problems, Empire State of Mind and Dirt Off Your Shoulder, and ten Grammy awards, JAY Z is one of the most successful artists of all time. His last record Blueprint 3 was one of the biggest selling records of 2010, and was JAY Z’s 11th Number 1 album - putting him ahead of Elvis for most Number 1 albums by any solo artist. JAY Z last played Australia in 2006 and he has never played in New Zealand.

U2 and JAY Z performed Sunday Bloody Sunday in front of Brandenburg Gate, Berlin in November 2009.

Back
Top Bottom