U2 and Bono criticised for carbon footprint

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
oh get fucked. who fucking cares? a fucking rock tour isn't going to make or break the fucking world. how about we focus on shit that matters and can actually be changed?

overreact much?

ohhhh shit... i forgot this was Interference...

overreact much?

ohhhh shit... i forgot this was Interference...
i've no problem with the extra 50 cents. i was under the impression they'd already paid for the carbon offset, though.

my issue comes with the fact that rock tours are going to come under pressure for not being environmentally friendly when there are much, much bigger things for people to try to stop first that would be more effective to stop.

i've no problem with the extra 50 cents. i was under the impression they'd already paid for the carbon offset, though.

my issue comes with the fact that rock tours are going to come under pressure for not being environmentally friendly when there are much, much bigger things for people to try to stop first that would be more effective to stop.

oh ok... i thought you were shooting the messenger :D

it was the first i'd heard about the 50 cent fan contribution, and was just wondering if anyone had heard about it, that's all... i also thought that U2 had purchased carbon offsets already

i think it's a nice gesture by the band though tbh... shows they are concerned with green issues, just as many people are concerned with the environment in their day-to-day life and working practices, and doing their bit to help... i also agree there are some much more fundamental environmental issues that need to be addressed as well... i think it would be sad to pull the plug on touring... it's such a valid and enriching human experience...

I'm going to bring my 50 cents in pennies, and throw them at Bono throughout the concert.

The environnement,the new religion of the 21st century.

Beside the "Religious Freaks" of the environnement,most people won't embark on that frabic bangwagon, simply because it's long term battle in which we'll see the paying evidences in only about 50 years or so.People wants immediat impact....not tomorrow.

Put your money where's your mouth is,drop your SUVs and take public transport.Then you'll have a legitimate right to lexure the population.

Back
Top Bottom