U2 360 Tour - Live from Toronto DVD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Should U2 film the North American U2 360 DVD in Toronto?

• Yes!!!!!

Votes: 75 41.9%
  • No.

Votes: 104 58.1%

• Total voters
:lol:

I think it will be NY or somewhere in Europe. I'm still shooting for Dublin 2 for personal reasons

I still believe Jersey 2 will get it, final Giants Stadium performance by the biggest band in the world. Bruce and JBon Jovi could make an appearance

SMB

bruce would not surprise me... there's no way in hell jon bon jovi gets on stage with u2. bruce has a long history with u2. jon bon jovi, not so much. just because he's from jersey doesn't mean he'll be on stage.

this will be u2's last giants stadium show... but there's certainly no gaurantee that it will be the last one.

i still think springsteen will somehow slide his way in there somehow... be it in the early fall or be it in the spring of 2010 before they tear it down.

I'd love it if it were in Dallas, but i think i'll have to be a city with more than one show, otherwise Hamish won't be able to do all his ridiculous editing.

As someone going to NY/NJ/WhateverYouWantToCallIt #1, I kind of hope that the DVD isn't shot at the Meadowlands (even if the second show is the one that goes on the DVD, the run through will be night #1).

Maybe I'm wrong, but either the Vertigo or Elevation DVD behind the scenes special talks about how the lighting set-up for a filmed concert is slightly different from what you see live elsewhere in an attempt to translate it best for film/digital video. Something about needing more lights and such. Maybe I'm wrong, or maybe it has more to do with the arena set-up than a stadium, but, I'm not too keen on getting an extra-bright concert.:shrug:

Would it be cool to have a video documentation of the show I was at? Sure, but I'll be just as happy buying the DVD from Toronto (which'd be cool, show some love for our neighbors to the north) or the Rose Bowl or wherever.

I really think Toronto and New York are their best bets for North American shows. Hopefully Toronto, with the roof open.

I think every show should be videoed and recorded so it can be purchased later for a reasonable price. They'd make a mint!

:reject:whoops didn't read the thread properly did I:reject:

I thought so. :wink: Don't worry, it was even more confusing when it wasn't actually in the thread title.

:tsk: It's all Gabe's fault.

I rather like that combination idea, though it'd have to be edited really well. No more mistakes like the Boston dvd where Edge suddenly plays a completely different guitar and such, or the sound is from day 1 and the video from day 2. It's gotta be coherent!

arent they basing their stages and stuff out of toronto, that is using toronto as a base. If so we might get a DVD yet.
I am dying to see them with teh 120 trucks parked outside at the front of the dome in the locked off area. it will be massive.

I'm still thinking that since there's basically a wall of glass no seating directly behind the stage, it wouldn't truly showcase the "360" aspect of the tour. That might just kill any Toronto DVD idea, much as I want it to happen.:down:

I'm still thinking that since there's basically a wall of glass no seating directly behind the stage, it wouldn't truly showcase the "360" aspect of the tour. That might just kill any Toronto DVD idea, much as I want it to happen.:down:

Not sure I agree with that. I think the windows are irrelevent. The last 2 tours had DVD's from USA. Its time for TO!!
Cheers,

roof

As for them opening the roof for U2 when they play Rogers Center in Toronto.
As far as I know the Rogers Center is a closed venue for all concerts. I have been to a number of concerts there and the roof has NEVER been opened.

Besides that it can get pretty cool down by the lake at night espically in mid september.

Back
Top Bottom