U2 360 Tour - Live from Toronto DVD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Should U2 film the North American U2 360 DVD in Toronto?

• Yes!!!!!

Votes: 75 41.9%
  • No.

Votes: 104 58.1%

• Total voters
just a note, Rogers Centre is empty the entire week before U2 strolls in....no football, no baseball, nadda.

film crew? cheap in Toronto...

Dome open? let's beg for this, aerial shot from helicopter, panning from CN Tower to the U2 Claw Tower

:wink:

I'm telling you, it's not empty, U2's got it booked out. U2's stage is gonna be there all that week, and U2 is gonna be here all that week.

This is what I've *heard* note *heard* (from more than one source now so I'm beginning to believe it and it makes alot of sense)

After they finish in Cardiff, one tour rig will go to Toronto, and the other to Chicago. They'll rehearse in TO while attending the Film Fest and hobnobbing with us uber-cool Canucks while Chicago is set up, fly to Chi-town for the gigs there and then fly back to Toronto. Meanwhile the rig that was in Chicago will mosey on over to Boston. They'll do their Toronto shows, then head down to Boston. And so on.

I hope it happens it would make sense and I hope the roof will be open but I guess that depends on the weather.

I'm telling you, it's not empty, U2's got it booked out. U2's stage is gonna be there all that week, and U2 is gonna be here all that week.

This is what I've *heard* note *heard* (from more than one source now so I'm beginning to believe it and it makes alot of sense)

After they finish in Cardiff, one tour rig will go to Toronto, and the other to Chicago. They'll rehearse in TO while attending the Film Fest and hobnobbing with us uber-cool Canucks while Chicago is set up, fly to Chi-town for the gigs there and then fly back to Toronto. Meanwhile the rig that was in Chicago will mosey on over to Boston. They'll do their Toronto shows, then head down to Boston. And so on.

My God, I hope this is true - brings back memories of their week-long stay back in '05 :drool:

U2 should wait till the second album comes out to film a concert. I think we're sick of seeing the same songs on DVD releases.

Unlikely that there will be more than one show in Pasadena, though.

Unlikely? There's a gap in the tour schedule for a second show and it's the only place they're playing in California, so I imagine there is demand.

As for the matter of filming the DVD, I think it should be in Europe somewhere. Shame Barcelona is the opener; if it were later in the tour, that would be a fucking great place to shoot it.

Are we certain there will be a North American DVD? It's more a case these days of it being a first leg dvd.

Then filming a 2nd leg one for a possible future release if there is demand (Slane, Milan)

I would bet on it being Croke Park, the 3 show stint

They will probably do Giants Stadium 2. This being the last time U2 could ever play the stadium, I'm sure they'd wanna film a show there.

SMB

I say yes to Toronto. Roger's Center looks better on tv than BC Place. New York would be alright though. Of the four shows(Vancover X 2, New York, Portland) I saw in 2005 NY was the best crowd.

I'd like it to be New York or Toronto. I'll be at the shows on the 16th and 24th

just a note, Rogers Centre is empty the entire week before U2 strolls in....no football, no baseball, nadda.

film crew? cheap in Toronto...

Dome open? let's beg for this, aerial shot from helicopter, panning from CN Tower to the U2 Claw Tower

:wink:

Wow that would look sweet for sure. The roof's gotta be open for sure.

There should be a law: All music DVD's must be from Italy or Spain. Crowds in those countries are amazing. Witness, Bruce Springsteen's Live In Barcelona DVD. And compare to the brain dead crowd on the Chicago Vertigo DVD.

Folks please note that this is not a NA vs Europe vs South America vs Australia vs wherever question

Why wouldn't they do two DVDs? I think they will, they've seen that having two DVDs can be successful, imo. The last two tours both DVDs had distinctly different flavors.

The top 3 cities for U2 in America- Boston= FILMED / Chicago = FILMED, hmm...whats that OTHER ONE? NY ...O yeah!!!! thats it!
Cmon guys...this is a no brainer

I still believe Jersey 2 will get it, final Giants Stadium performance by the biggest band in the world. Bruce and JBon Jovi could make an appearance

SMB

I still believe Jersey 2 will get it, final Giants Stadium performance by the biggest band in the world. Bruce and JBon Jovi could make an appearance

SMB

Whens the last time a duet ended up on an official U2 DVD?

You've got BB King on Rattle & Hum, and to a lesser extent Lou Reed on Zoo TV.

Sorry to say that the DVD will be taped in Las Vegas.
The filming crew will be in our suite, filming all the Blue Crack Addicts having Margaritas and chips.
The Easter eggs will show pillow fighting in the UltraLuxuriousCrabSuite.

Back
Top Bottom