U2 360° Tour - General Tour Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i mean the album is weak in the sense there is no huge single to bring in the 1 show fan teenies, like beautiful day was

hmm okay, but airplay for other tracks esp in Europe on tracks such as magnificent, MOS, is pretty strong Mike:wave:

Same in the US mike, infact i belive mag is in the top 100 on itunes without even being released yet!,

but what do we know? we are just a bunch of "tools "apparantley.

Same in the US mike, infact i belive mag is in the top 100 on itunes without even being released yet!,

but what do we know? we are just a bunch of "tools "apparantley.

spot on _ I shouldn't really respond to such pr$cks but sometimes.... Anyway when they add dates in the Uk and ireland that will probably be the nbiggest concentration of concerts and i already cant wait mate Mik:wave:e

I remember U2 not selling out some stadiums during PopMart.

I hope they find some dinky stadiums like where they have badminton championships or something.

<>

I saw Denver Popmart, the 3rd show of the tour. There were about 30,000 people in a 60,000 capacity stadium, it was freezing, and I couldn't see the stage from my 6th row seat at the end of the row.

The one good thing about the lack of people was that we could move back to the central mezzanine and have a clear view. But the vibe of the evening still sucked.

I think they really wanted to prove that they could play US stadiums again. So by getting momentum and time in Europe, along with fewer US dates, they figure the demand will be there and they can fill the suckers up. But I still think arena tours are much, much more fan-friendly.

So at this moment I'm a bit bummed by this news.

No Detroit as I suspected, so off to Chicago I go! If I can't get a ticket in the pre-sale (from what I understand I can buy tickets on the 2nd day of the pre-sale), for there, I'll try some place else, but hopefully I can get a ticket for Chicago.

yes, it's because everything i've heard about the tour so far sucks

who's mike?
Mike - well here for 6 years more than you, posted way more and (more importantly) been a fan since 82, met them, seen them 60 plus times _ and MOST important still love the music ! BTW - who are you (decided not to swear at this juncture) ??? M

just because the record company hasnt sent a physical cd to a dying radio station nobody listens to anyway, doesn't mean the song is "unreleased", live in the now...

sorry i forgot, unless everything you say about the band is positive, you aren't welcome at a fanatic board, you don't know how long i've been reading these boards, and that you've seen them do their act 60 times only makes me laugh at you, and thanks for the heads about you wanting to swear but finding the strenth to hold back...so noble

i'm sorry i'll tone it down, so you don't have to band me, and i don't have to sign back up again and all that bs

but come on the 2 shittiest things for me at a live show are 1. knowing the entire setlist...i mean please... and 2. the prospect of having a big fucking beam in my view

and as a bonus, i'm not expecting a buffalo date either.

4 years for this?

i'm sorry i'll tone it down, so you don't have to band me, and i don't have to sign back up again and all that bs

but come on the 2 shittiest things for me at a live show are 1. knowing the entire setlist...i mean please... and 2. the prospect of having a big fucking beam in my view

and as a bonus, i'm not expecting a buffalo date either.

4 years for this?
you should try relaxing.

sorry i forgot, unless everything you say about the band is positive, you aren't welcome at a fanatic board

This is not true, we welcome all members opinions negative and positive, but when a member has 175 posts and every single one of them are negative (except the ones posting your email address to have users send you leaked songs), that is not welcome.

Yes, please tone it down.

I'm not exactly thrilled about it, either (stadiums? Only one date on the US west coast?), but they're still my favorite band and I'll be happy to see them even just once.

I'm just trying not to freak out too early about all the ticket stuff. I'll take what I can get, but if I can get what I want, then I'll be reasonably happy. :)

presale tix live nation?

I am trying to remember from the last tour presale. Did we actually order off live nations website with are pre-sale code? Does anyone know how it will happen this time around?

I think it is all venue specific. Live Nation owns Ticketmaster? (is this right?) You're best to check out the venue's official website and see if there is a link to event tickets. This'll tell you whether its Ticketmaster, Live Nation, or other. Either way, Live Nation collects it all in the end.

I think it is all venue specific. Live Nation owns Ticketmaster? (is this right?) You're best to check out the venue's official website and see if there is a link to event tickets. This'll tell you whether its Ticketmaster, Live Nation, or other. Either way, Paul McGuinne$$ collects it all in the end.

Fixed.

We're really gonna have to do some studying to see how the presale and general sales are gonna work. Aren't some sold through Livenation and others through ticketmaster? And isn't there something about Blockbuster getting an exclusive sale for the first few hours?

This has got to be some sort of passive agressive troll character you've come up with. It cant possibly be your real personality

Back
Top Bottom