U2 360° Tour - General Tour Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
that's what I wanted to know, but none of my sources are telling

oh well! guess we'll find out soon enough... i REALLY hope i win the lottery once on this tour-- i went to 17 GA shows last tour (yes, i know that is crazy), and did not win the lottery once. :| :lol:

OK GA looks scary :uhoh:

If you go into the site and on the bottom right, click on the 2nd camera orbit its there :|

U2 360� Tour

On the website the ramp only goes around 3/4 of the stage leaving the inner "lottery" area open. And I assume that the band/Bono will want to actually walk along said ramp but there is currently no way to get there from the stage. I'm guessing that they will add catwalks leading from the stage to the ramp that will enclose the "lottery winner" area of GA. :scratch:

Vertigo Ellipse (indoor NA leg 1) had two tunnels going under the ramp. One on each side of the front stage area. Areas would always have to remain open for fire code and small bladders.

Vertigo Ellipse (indoor NA leg 1) had two tunnels going under the ramp. One on each side of the front stage area. Areas would always have to remain open for fire code and small bladders.

Yeah, but this graphic had the ramp around the stage as a "C" shape instead of a full circle like on Vertigo. You're right though, that may be the in and out area with security standing there checking wristbands. You'd think they would make the ramp go over that area.

I still wonder how they plan to get from the stage to the ramp...

Yeah, but this graphic had the ramp around the stage as a "C" shape instead of a full circle like on Vertigo. You're right though, that may be the in and out area with security standing there checking wristbands. You'd think they would make the ramp go over that area.

It is a spaceship... they'll probably have reduced gravity so the band can just bounce from stage to ramp.

Yeah its pretty darn huge.

Huge indeed...I'm a CAD person so I've crunching some numbers. I brought the photo into AutoCAD and scaled it to full size and drew in some lines I could gather measurements from. Here are the numbers I came up with. See the pic below for reference..

Yellow U2's stage area = over 3500 sq feet wow!
Magenta BACK GA area = 24,011 sq feet
Green Outside of circle area = 21,647 sq feet
Red Inside the circle area = 23169 sq feet
stage.JPG

If you notice all the areas are very close in size..I don't think this is by accident. I really believe we will have 3 GA areas this time.

Enjoy

haha wondering this too..

maybe they'll use these:

jetpack.jpg

Huge indeed...I'm a CAD person so I've crunching some numbers. I brought the photo into AutoCAD and scaled it to full size and drew in some lines I could gather measurements from. Here are the numbers I came up with. See the pic below for reference..

If you notice all the areas are very close in size..I don't think this is by accident. I really believe we will have 3 GA areas this time.

Actually, you based the shape of the Magenta "Back GA" rectangle on the NFL-mandated buffer, so the actual Back GA area is a little bigger. For comparison's sake, here is the image of the Soldier Field setup, without the football lines:

lg_chicago.jpg

Good pick up on the square footage, though.

I suppose it will be first come-first served in terms of who gets into the green area, and then lottery to determine who gets into the oval?

stage.JPG

Enjoy

Day-um. Their stage is... sizably larger than my house.

Okay, I'm excited.

I just confirmed: In the the United States, there will be a lottery. It will be for the people to go inside the big circular "ramp." There you have it, it is a ramp.

um...no. that ramp is for where the 360 plane lands to drop off the band.
silly romi.

um...no. that ramp is for where the 360 plane lands to drop off the band.
silly romi.

maybe not a plane, but.... I bet they'll be thrown onto the ramp from one of those carnival rides that spins you around in circles

hm, no I mean they are actually building 3 stage sets (2 travelling while one is used during the gig)

Great news! That means they can do back-to-back shows in different cities (like Oklahoma and Phoenix).

Here's hoping for shows in Oakland, San Diego or Seattle

I don't know if this question has been asked or not yet but do you think it'd help your chances to get in that circular area if you bought 2 GA instead of 4?

The opening on that ego ramp is too big for anyone to enforce people going in and out. I’m guessing there’s no lottery, and the entire field GA,(including inside the circle) 1st come, 1st served.

The opening on that ego ramp is too big for anyone to enforce people going in and out. I’m guessing there’s no lottery, and the entire field GA,(including inside the circle) 1st come, 1st served.

Just because there is no ramp does not mean there are no barricades. I confirmed there will be a lottery.

Dammit. The lottery sucks ass! I went 0/5 on vertigo tour.....:sad: And I went with heaps of people, that's like 14 tickets and nobody's scanned

U2 360° TOUR REVEALED
The band have today confirmed that their U2 U2 360° Tour will open at the Nou Camp Stadium in Barcelona on 30th June. Sponsored by BlackBerry, it is the band's first stadium outing since the Vertigo Tour 05/06 and follows the release of their acclaimed album, No Line On The Horizon.
Their 12th studio album, No Line On The Horizon, is already number 1 in the UK, Ireland, France, Germany, Belgium, Finland, Japan and the Czech Republic with further chart positions to be announced this week.
Produced by Live Nation Global Touring, U2 360° will visit 14 cities across Europe including dates in Milan, Gothenburg, Amsterdam, Paris, Nice, Dublin, Chorzow, Berlin, Gelsenkirchen, London, Sheffield and Glasgow before finishing at Millennium Stadium in Cardiff on August 22.
The European tour will be followed by dates in North America beginning at Chicago's Soldier Field on September 12th, 2009.
Long-time U2 Show Director Willie Williams has worked again with architect Mark Fisher (ZooTV, PopMart, Elevation and Vertigo), to create an innovative 360° design which affords an unobstructed view for the audience. U2 360° also marks the first time a band has toured in stadiums with such a unique and original structure.
"U2 has always been at their best when surrounded by the audience, this staging takes a giant leap forward. With 85 percent of the tickets priced at less than 95 Euro, general admission floor tickets priced at 55 euro and at least 10,000 tickets at every venue priced at the 30 Euro price range, we have worked very hard to ensure that U2 fans can purchase a great priced ticket with a guaranteed great view" says U2's manager Paul McGuinness.
Arthur Fogel, CEO Global Touring/Chairman - Global Music Live Nation: "Following the overwhelming worldwide success of the Vertigo tour where every available ticket was sold, there is tremendous anticipation for this tour and to experience this revolutionary production. As usual fans will not be disappointed."
"This tour announcement marks the first stage of a relationship and shared vision between RIM and U2 that we expect will lead to new and innovative ways to enhance the mobile music experience on the BlackBerry platform for U2 fans," added Paul McGuinness. "We look forward to sharing more details as the relationship unfolds."
In keeping with their long-standing tradition, U2 will welcome a number of different support acts to the tour including Glasvegas, Elbow, Kaiser Chiefs, Snow Patrol and Black Eyed Peas with additional artists to be announced.
Tickets for U2 U2 360° performances in Milan and Gothenburg go on sale this Friday, March 13th. Tickets for the Amsterdam performance go on sale this Saturday, March 14th.
Full details of all dates and on-sale information as well as a virtual model of the unique production and seating positions can be found here.
U2 360° Tour is produced by Live Nation Global Touring.

MySpace.com Blogs - U2 360° TOUR REVEALED - U2 MySpace Blog

Im kinda depending on trains, or at least buses to get to wherever I get tickets for (if any!).

Im hoping to hell theres a train from gatwick to wembley/glasgow equivelent. :huh : Ive never been to Glasgow or London so I havent a clue where to start to make any sort of map.

Shouldnt count my chickens though, I havent even got tix yet. :lol : And I might not!

MooMoo heres some info for london. :)

Wembley Stadium - Maps & Contact Details

and Glasgow :)
: Public Transport

Glasgow airport into the city by train

BAA Glasgow: Trains

My GOD stadiums are HUGE. :scream: :sad:

:hug: I know. :angry:

I much prefer arena shows having done Stadium in Europe and Arena in NA but its all we're getting at this point so i'm just happy to see them. :hyper::love:

Back
Top Bottom