U2 360° Tour - General Tour Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Anyone know if it is possible to use your individual pre-sale code to get in to the ticketmaster/Live Nation site, and then use a different person's credit card to actually pay for the tickets? I have a friend who wants to pay for the tickets with his credit card (he gets free air miles), but I am the one who has the pre-sale code. Can I use my pre-sale code to get to the right place, and then have him use his credit card to pay for the tickets? This is referring to North America shows.

Anyone know if it is possible to use your individual pre-sale code to get in to the ticketmaster/Live Nation site, and then use a different person's credit card to actually pay for the tickets? I have a friend who wants to pay for the tickets with his credit card (he gets free air miles), but I am the one who has the pre-sale code. Can I use my pre-sale code to get to the right place, and then have him use his credit card to pay for the tickets? This is referring to North America shows.

I would think you could use any credit card you wanted to! :D

I used a different credit card to pay for my subscription and tickets - though they were both in my name. I don't think it matters - they just want the cash.

Details on The Claw

u2-360.jpg

At 164 ft, it's 20 feet higher than Giants Stadium. What a sight that'll be!

Ok i got a really stupid question.

How are the standing seats, Is it like a first come first serve basis?
(like with everybody camping outside and whatnot?)
I mean i'm getting pre-sale but i just wanted to know how it worked..thanks

At 164 ft, it's 20 feet higher than Giants Stadium. What a sight that'll be!

From the picture, it looks like it's 164 ft to the top of the canopy and then the pointy thingy with the lights (sorry don't know what it's called) would be taller than that. Maybe that will take care of the worry of not being able to see the band if you're in the upper deck????

Ok i got a really stupid question.

How are the standing seats, Is it like a first come first serve basis?
(like with everybody camping outside and whatnot?)
I mean i'm getting pre-sale but i just wanted to know how it worked..thanks

:yes: The last couple tours they've done this lottery thing where they scan your ticket on the way in and if you 'beep' you get to go into the inner circle and if not, you're just on the outside of the 'catwalk'. The word on the street is that the same thing will happen this time 'round.

From the picture, it looks like it's 164 ft to the top of the canopy and then the pointy thingy with the lights (sorry don't know what it's called) would be taller than that. Maybe that will take care of the worry of not being able to see the band if you're in the upper deck????

I'm guessing that the graphic is wrong and that the pointy thing reaches 164 feet. The stage is about 220 feet wide, so I doubt that the top of the canopy is only 60 feet shorter than the stage is wide.

:yes: The last couple tours they've done this lottery thing where they scan your ticket on the way in and if you 'beep' you get to go into the inner circle and if not, you're just on the outside of the 'catwalk'. The word on the street is that the same thing will happen this time 'round.

Not in the stadiums last time.
First in line got into the front enclosure.

It wasn't really an ellipse, since the two ends didn't connect. more two large round arms into the crowd.

And yeah, no lottery system was around in Europe.

re: LIVENATION.FR. I got my tickets for Paris from them, got the confirmation email with all my order info EXCEPT my seat section, row and number. I noticed there is no way to check this online either. Did anyone else get more info than this when they ordered from Livenation.fr?

has the question been answered about what happens when they add the 2010 dates? Meaning, if I buy a subscription now I will be considered a boots member for the upcoming confirmed '09 dates, but what about the as yet unannounced 2010 dates?

Not that it matters much I bet, as most of the first and second tier will be used up I suspect

I keep asking Baja at u2.com but she knows NOTHING. :angry:

I think its ridiculous that we cant know this information ahead of time so that we can plan accordingly.

It wasn't really an ellipse, since the two ends didn't connect. more two large round arms into the crowd.

And yeah, no lottery system was around in Europe.

So it was first come first serve with the excess spilling out into the mouth of the general GA area? Because that really looks like what is going to happen with this tour even in NA when you look at the official drawings on U2.com the ends don't connect in other words it's not a full enclosed circle. There is a ton of people standing in the mouth spilling out into GA from the looks of it..:shrug:

has the question been answered about what happens when they add the 2010 dates? Meaning, if I buy a subscription now I will be considered a boots member for the upcoming confirmed '09 dates, but what about the as yet unannounced 2010 dates?

Not that it matters much I bet, as most of the first and second tier will be used up I suspect

Given what they did for Breathe members, I'd predict that you'll become a Breathe member next year, maybe? I dunno really just hypothetical..

So it was first come first serve with the excess spilling out into the mouth of the general GA area? Because that really looks like what is going to happen with this tour even in NA when you look at the official drawings on U2.com the ends don't connect in other words it's not a full enclosed circle. There is a ton of people standing in the mouth spilling out into GA from the looks of it..:shrug:

Well I wasn't there myself ofcourse but I've been told about it and seen the pics and such. It was first come first serve, so the first would stand directly infront of the main stage, then people would pile up near the bstages at the ends of the arms, and along the arms themselves.. I think the area inside the arms filled up first..

Well I wasn't there myself ofcourse but I've been told about it and seen the pics and such. It was first come first serve, so the first would stand directly infront of the main stage, then people would pile up near the bstages at the ends of the arms, and along the arms themselves.. I think the area inside the arms filled up first..

But you still needed a wristband to get anywhere near the b-stage etc, it was fenced of from the normal GA area.

Back
Top Bottom