U2 360° Tour - General Tour Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When will we know more info on US shows... It feels like forever already.

Sorry I meant when will more info come out on the 4 current shows?

You think presale dates would be up for sure so we can plan accordingly. Stuff like that.

informal poll:
My wife and I will be doing three or four shows on the midwest/east coast portion of the first leg. Coming from SF Bay Area. We can only go to two cities. Which two would you choose and why...
1) Chicago
2) Toronto
3) Boston
4) NY

Both os us have been to Chicago and love the city, but are two stressed to deal with opening night and camping out two nights for a show. I've been to NY several times but I'm afraid Giants stadium is too huge and GA would be a mess. Have never been to Boston or Toronto.

So... opinions?

informal poll:
My wife and I will be doing three or four shows on the midwest/east coast portion of the first leg. Coming from SF Bay Area. We can only go to two cities. Which two would you choose and why...
1) Chicago
2) Toronto
3) Boston
4) NY

Both os us have been to Chicago and love the city, but are two stressed to deal with opening night and camping out two nights for a show. I've been to NY several times but I'm afraid Giants stadium is too huge and GA would be a mess. Have never been to Boston or Toronto.

So... opinions?

I can vouch for Toronto. It's a beautiful city with lots to do and see but you better bring a suitcase full of money. It's very expensive to say the least and the exchange rate is not as good as it has been in prior years. If money is no object, then go for it.

I can vouch for Toronto. It's a beautiful city with lots to do and see but you better bring a suitcase full of money. It's very expensive to say the least and the exchange rate is not as good as it has been in prior years. If money is no object, then go for it.

what should I do there? let's say I have a day and a half completely open, but I'll skip museums because they take too long to fully enjoy

CN tower.
Street Meat.
There is a place for breakfast called; "Over Easy" :hmm: ..I think, good stuff...just no salsa for your eggs.
:shifty:

for Vertigo Tour, I chose Boston as a getaway city, and Toronto for hometown crowd

good thing about Toronto is that the venue is walking distance from downtown, a real downtown with people that roam the streets at night

every type of dance music in Toronto if you're into that sort of late night thing.

informal poll:
1) Chicago
2) Toronto
3) Boston
4) NY

So... opinions?

Chicago and New York. They are better venues, by far, than Gillette or SkyDome/Rogers Center.

I am biased, but Boston always has amazing energy. Its their "home away from home" and is always a great show. However, the stadium is not downtown, so the drive is a consideration.

Well I bought No Doubt tickets through Live Nation on Sunday and it went pretty smoothly. They also just emailed me today to tell me that the tickets have shipped :up:

i bought them last week for buffalo (darien lake pac). thery were at my house 4 days later.

I am biased, but Boston always has amazing energy. Its their "home away from home" and is always a great show. However, the stadium is not downtown, so the drive is a consideration.

How far of a drive from Boston? I keep hearing different things :hmm:

thanks for calling me a loser because I go to more shows. by the way, the majority of people who were front and center before are still front and center. it's about who you know.

but here's my thing. the lottery only affects the people who come the earliest. they can go from front row to outside the ellipse. those people who are not Deadhead losers and come later in the day, even if they make it inside the heart/ellipse/under the claw, they are towards the back. what's the difference between back of the pit or right outside? not much.

I just thought I'd throw out "Deadhead losers" for fun. I'm sure you don't fall into the category. It's really meant for only a few aholes from the Elevation Tour who followed the band around everywhere, got into the Heart every night, and thought it was a major accomplishment. They were rude to people in the line and in the Heart because they felt as if they were part of the band, or some other delusional thinking. I know that they did this all over because I had an online discussion in another group with people from all over North America and when we figured out the name of one particular individual and what he looked like, there were a number of stories regarding interactions with him.

I just hope if they did the same thing for Vertigo they rarely got into the Ellipse. I got into it for my only GA ticket attempt in a night that Edge called, "probably the best show of the whole tour" so I was quite pleased with the lottery deal.

I just thought I'd throw out "Deadhead losers" for fun. I'm sure you don't fall into the category. It's really meant for only a few aholes from the Elevation Tour who followed the band around everywhere, got into the Heart every night, and thought it was a major accomplishment. They were rude to people in the line and in the Heart because they felt as if they were part of the band, or some other delusional thinking.

Thanks. I agree, there are definetely some entitled people out there. They expect the band to remember their names and pay more attention to them than to othert fans. The thing is, to an extent they get what they want.

My hometown is Sharon, MA... my house is 5 minutes from the stadium, right on Foxboro line.

If you take the commuter rail to my town it's about 25 minutes.

By car it could take 45 minutes and lots of time traffic can take hours... especially for a concert... because to get to the stadium you travel down route one which is busy anyway.... so you could drive from Boston to the stadium in under an hour, but then wait another hour to move 2 miles to park.

I bet they will do commuter rail to behind the stadium... I can't imagine they wouldn't.

But the Sharon Inn (Econo Lodge) is right on route one and across the street is a Holiday Express about 2 miles from the stadium. It's easier to walk.

We usually get dropped off by a friend or relative when we go to football games and picked up on the other side of the street...

There are tricks!

sorry, i couldn't find anything on this, so i'll ask it here. i heard that the general sale for Chicago was March 30th, so do we know yet when the Presale starts?

presale vs general

apologies if this is already covered elsewhere but while i understand that U2com members get presale access, Horizon, Breathe & Boots, does this start on days before the general sale and if so how many ? Thanks Mike

sorry, i couldn't find anything on this, so i'll ask it here. i heard that the general sale for Chicago was March 30th, so do we know yet when the Presale starts?

According to U2.com the presale will start the Tuesday,Wednesday and Thursday before the general sale begins. That would have presale starting the 24th then.

Has the date for Glasgow tix sale been changed?

I noticed that on u2.com, where it originally had u2 tix for Glasgow would go on sale Fri 20th March, has now been changed to "On Sale Soon"
But the likes of Dublin tix remain as listed for sale from 20th march. Anyone know the craic wi whats happening?

Hopefully my feelings will change once the tour kicks off and the pieces start to come together....but fuck, right now, the name for this tour is incredibly shitty....U2 360 Tour? Are you kidding me? I don't understand this...at all...a bad move in every way :doh:

:|

Hopefully my feelings will change once the tour kicks off and the pieces start to come together....but fuck, right now, the name for this tour is incredibly shitty....U2 360 Tour? Are you kidding me? I don't understand this...at all...a bad move in every way :doh:

:|

Its a tour name for gods sake, most bands dont even name the tours anymore, your letting a name get in the way of looking forward to them going on tour again? :|

"your code can be used to purchase up to FOUR (4) tickets for up to FOUR (4) North American shows"

Does this mean 4 tickets to 4 shows OR 4 tickets total spread out over 4 shows? I am confused :crazy:

Back
Top Bottom