U2 360 Plane

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I saw the plane parked on the runway in Nice when I came in to land on my bright orange Easyjet budget flight. But I'd left my bloomin camera in the overhead compartment so I couldn't get a snap, pants. When I flew out the next day I had my camera ready but couldn't spot the plane. Typical.

Is the plane for just the band and associates? It's pretty big, could probably have all the crew in there! But there are dozens of huge coaches to transport them around.

No, they'll use this one. Isn't it a decommissioned Air Canada plane, just like last tour? There's absolutely no reason to have two, or am I missing something?

IAgain, why would they bother with two planes?

It is not a "decommissioned Air Canada" - it is an actual Air Canada airplane that gets a new livery for the tour (like vertigo). U2 signs a contract with Air Canada "Jetz" (like spinning mentioned) for the NA tour. Air Canada may not have been able to get the rights to fly all of the destination in Europe (obviously the EU is not as much of a pushover as the US D.O.T.)...hence, two aircraft.

I was searching for the plane on the runway at Pearson when I landed but I didn't see it :sad:

Are there two planes now??? :hmm:

Coldplay are still using the one they used in Europe, as they flew into Manchester UK on it on Wednesday night/Thursday morning, when U2 were playing in Toronto.

Someone posted a picture of it on my Facebook page when they took the photo that morning.

Are there two planes now??? :hmm:

Coldplay are still using the one they used in Europe, as they flew into Manchester UK on it on Wednesday night/Thursday morning, when U2 were playing in Toronto.

Someone posted a picture of it on my Facebook page when they took the photo that morning.

I'm not sure if there are two planes but I remember seeing a picture on here someone posted of the U2 plane at Pearson Airport.

Blue Line MD-83 F-GMLK CN 49672 / 1494

At Airliners.net, I found the picture listing for the plane that U2 is using in America. It is a custom designed VIP charter, from Blue Line, I believe.

The website lists the plane as an MD-83, operated by Blueline with the ID designation of F-GMLK, with the added data Cn 49672 / 1494.

The Blue Line website has pictures of what the inside of their custom planes look like.

Aircraft VIP charter operator : think Blue Line!

Photo Search Results | Airliners.net

At Airliners.net, I found the picture listing for the plane that U2 is using in America. It is a custom designed VIP charter, from Blue Line, I believe.

The website lists the plane as an MD-83, operated by Blueline with the ID designation of F-GMLK, with the added data Cn 49672 / 1494.

The Blue Line website has pictures of what the inside of their custom planes look like.

Aircraft VIP charter operator : think Blue Line!

Photo Search Results | Airliners.net

Beeeauutiful :love:

360air.jpg

Airliners.net always has the photos of the jets from each tour, but we were still waiting on the update for this tour when twixtberry gave us the heads up. :)

Saw U2 plane in US at Dulles

I was coming back from the XMAS Holiday yesterday here into the Wash. DC area and saw the U2 tour plane parked near the FedEx terminal. It was sitting quietly without anything around it.

I know the NJ Devils pro hockey team were in town to play the Washington Capitals, which would explain why the plane was in town. I remember reading the company which does the charters shares the U2 plane with the hockey club(s).

Anyway, was funny seeing the plane, a random sighting. The artwork is still in tact on the tail.

I was coming back from the XMAS Holiday yesterday here into the Wash. DC area and saw the U2 tour plane parked near the FedEx terminal. It was sitting quietly without anything around it.

I know the NJ Devils pro hockey team were in town to play the Washington Capitals, which would explain why the plane was in town. I remember reading the company which does the charters shares the U2 plane with the hockey club(s).

Anyway, was funny seeing the plane, a random sighting. The artwork is still in tact on the tail.

Awesome :up:

Last Friday, I was in Philly at Atlantic Aviation (fixed base operator where private jets and sports charters fly out of) getting ready to take a flight home for work, and our plane was parked next to the Air Canada U2 jet.

I also see it every time it is in Atlanta (with hockey teams). It is fun to pull into the parking lot and see the plane sitting there.

I took some pictures of the aircraft when they came in to Atlanta for the show...I'll have to post them here.

It is my understanding that they have sent out for bids for the flying for the next two legs.

Jeff, how often is their plane here?

I have seen it in ATL three times over the last month.

Air Canada flies around quite a few NHL teams and they have maybe 4 to 5 planes they use (one being the U2 plane). With the Thrashers in the Eastern Conference (and a good chunk of Canadian teams in the Eastern Conference), there is a pretty good chance the aircraft will be there soon. I can text you next time it is in town.

Here is a picture I found of the interior of the aircraft. Occasionally, Air Canada will substitute the aircraft on a normal route instead of ferrying it.

1.jpg

That's cool, I thought every NHL club had their own plane though.
I know the Red Wings do, but yeah, any that is U2 and hockey related is pretty sweet.

This past Thursday, March 23, I was driving my truck in Edmonton and herad on the radio the dj say that U2's 360 tour plane arrived at the Edm airport earlier that morning. So he phoned the airport on-air and asked a woman employee if U2 had arrived and why they were in town 3 months before their summer concert. Of course she knew nothing, and wouldnt have said anything anyways. I almost felt like phoning in to the radio station just to tell him that U2 leases that plane out when not on tour. But still kinda interesting, I wonder who was using it. The New Jersey Devils were NOT in town that day. However, the Vancouver Canucks were...?

Back
Top Bottom