Tour Rumours

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Starting in Australia would be a good idea. :mac:

:laugh: that would be superly awesome . . . I don't care if they start or finish here as long as they come here!

So excited by the prospect of a new tour :hyper: . . . but already feel the little flutterings of anxiety re securing tix (last tour I only got a look in thanks to the 3rd concert as first 2 shows sold out before i could blink :uhoh: )

If you call a European tour start "screwed up" then I'm sorry to say that the US isn't the only country for U2 to tour in.

Dial it down, last unicorn. It's pretty clear that U2's decision to push the album threw their usual plans completely off. If the album had been released when scheduled, we most likely would have seen a spring US tour (which is where they usually work the kinks out -- Bono's voice, setlist, etc), which would have built buzz for a blistering summer Europe tour, followed by a fall US leg -- the touring pattern they've had for the last 20 years. Beyond generating its own revenue, a tour is designed to keep album sales strong -- and without a tour in the US until later this year, album sales may falter in the US, where the majority of album sales resides.

About any major tour in U2 history started first with the US, AND ended there. So I'd say this is more than fair towards the European people, who supported U2 way before the American people knew who they were.

Tokyo and Cape Town are in America?

I think U2 should do a US-only tour.

Let the rich Euros and Aussies come over here, for once.

This has many benefits for everyone involved:

- helps US economy with more tourists
- saves U2 lots of money by not having to fly around the world, which means lower ticket prices
- Euros and Aussie fans can see U2 in arenas instead of those gigantic soccer stadiums
- U2 can fly home every night after each concert to take care of their kids
- US fans will be able to see U2 100 times this year

- saves U2 lots of money by not having to fly around the world, which means lower ticket prices
- Euros and Aussie fans can see U2 in arenas instead of those gigantic soccer stadiums

:lol:

And definitely benefits Canadians too, I like it!

I have an even better idea.

U2 should do an Ireland-only tour. This has even more benefits:

- Helps the even more doomed Irish economy
- Saves U2 lots of money and time by not even needing to leave home!
- They can play in indoor venues in Ireland for a change.
- U2 fans worldwide who've always wanted to visit Ireland finally have a better excuse then "uh ... I want to see Bono's house. No, I'm totally not a stalker, I swear!"
- Irish fans will be able to see U2 a hundred times rather than three.
- Somewhere that isn't Dublin might finally get a U2 gig again.
- All the flights to Ireland carrying U2 fans would help struggling North American airlines make ends meet.
- A Sort Of Homecoming might get back into the set.

For the last reason alone, this must happen.

And we wonder why the rest of the world hates Americans :|

I agree with this notion.

Joshua Tree was released in March, and the tour started in April in LV before a summer tour through Europe. Ditto for POP. It's a little weird for them to be taking this tack, as basically they're holding back America until late summer/fall, which is a weird time to do a stadium tour, and is also five months after the album. They've toured five months after the albums in the past, but those were fall releases (with Grammy noms) guaranteed to keep U2 "up front" until the tour. With this schedule, unless they have another HUGE breakout single, I can't see the tour being as successful State-side.

I agree that it could potentially be a big mistake for the band to delay the North American leg for so many months (I think playing Coachella could have mitigated that risk to some degree). I am convinced that if they start a North American tour around October (which is likely to be the case if Europe is starting in late June), the 2009 North American leg will likely be in arenas.

more than happy to see them in october, no money at the moment to compete with ticket scammers at the moment, plus it will give u2 time to work out kinks

Yep, but it means US fans will get no tickets because all of us will come over. :tongue:

And since when do U2's families live in the US?

No way, tour start in Europe, and it's fair that way, the US always gets two legs, while Europe only gets one. Since the tour will continue in 2010, chances are big U2 will come back then, maybe with a stadium tour.

Tokyo and Cape Town are in America?

Hawaii is.

Don't go nitpick on that comment. It really dissapoints me how some Americans feel they should be privileged.

What's been said before, U2 are an European band. They should give their oldest fanbase some more credit instead of always sucking up to America.

I have an even better idea.

U2 should do an Ireland-only tour. This has even more benefits:

- Helps the even more doomed Irish economy
- Saves U2 lots of money and time by not even needing to leave home!
- They can play in indoor venues in Ireland for a change.
- U2 fans worldwide who've always wanted to visit Ireland finally have a better excuse then "uh ... I want to see Bono's house. No, I'm totally not a stalker, I swear!"
- Irish fans will be able to see U2 a hundred times rather than three.
- Somewhere that isn't Dublin might finally get a U2 gig again.
- All the flights to Ireland carrying U2 fans would help struggling North American airlines make ends meet.
- A Sort Of Homecoming might get back into the set.

For the last reason alone, this must happen.

That actually sounds cool. and I'd definately go stalk them.

Hawaii is.

Don't go nitpick on that comment. It really dissapoints me how some Americans feel they should be privileged.

What's been said before, U2 are an European band. They should give their oldest fanbase some more credit instead of always sucking up to America.

Hey, watch it now! :wink:

This is an argument that can easily go both ways. Yes, U2 is a European band....as were The Beatles, as were The Stones, Pink Floyd, etc. But it wasn't until they all came to America that they made it big.

Yes, some Americans are dicks and ruin our image for the rest of the world. Thankfully one very powerful dumbass just lost his 8 year job and is moving back to his ranch in Texas :wink: But to disregard the importance of making it in America when it comes to music would be naive. This is where almost all of the major movie and music companies reside. This is where the largest radio and television markets are. You can't deny that...no matter how dumb some of us are.

Every band knows that....especially European bands. You know there's a joke about bands "who are big in Europe" and its not flattering. Basically it states that "anyone can be big in Europe". Now we know thats not true, but regardless of that fact to deny the importance of making it America would be to deny a band success.

Plain and simple: If you can be big in America, you'll be big EVERYWHERE.

This is where almost all of the major movie and music companies reside. This is where the largest radio and television markets are. You can't deny that...no matter how dumb some of us are.

Sorry but Bollywood is much bigger than hollywood.

This is an argument that can easily go both ways. Yes, U2 is a European band....as were The Beatles, as were The Stones, Pink Floyd, etc. But it wasn't until they all came to America that they made it big.

Yes, some Americans are dicks and ruin our image for the rest of the world. Thankfully one very powerful dumbass just lost his 8 year job and is moving back to his ranch in Texas :wink: But to disregard the importance of making it in America when it comes to music would be naive. This is where almost all of the major movie and music companies reside. This is where the largest radio and television markets are. You can't deny that...no matter how dumb some of us are.

Every band knows that....especially European bands. You know there's a joke about bands "who are big in Europe" and its not flattering. Basically it states that "anyone can be big in Europe". Now we know thats not true, but regardless of that fact to deny the importance of making it America would be to deny a band success.

Plain and simple: If you can be big in America, you'll be big EVERYWHERE.
Your whole argument makes no sense. There are plenty of bands that are big in America that I've NEVER heard of.

Dude, your country loves the JONAS BROTHERS and Highschool Musical.
That alone should say enough. :wink:

I don't believe in the whole if you don't make it in america stuff. Ofcourse u2 has loads of fans in America and they love them too, but it's not like you people are more fans than we are and that you should get the first hand treatment.

And let's not forget that U2 are already big, they don't have to become big in America anymore.

Back
Top Bottom